*Insert sad music here* [can I reduce the amount of lag?]

Very recently, my 6/8 trickster died while fighting the great sphinx (It’s the same trickster I was asking for what gear should I have). I had 700 HP and for some reason the sphinx just suddenly sat on top of me (pretty sure it was lag).

Is there any way I can reduce the amount of lag when fighting with small of players, I already use adobe flash, close all unneeded programs, etc.

EDIT: what class should I play now, I am looking for a class that has range and DPS. I don’t care about def since most of my deaths are insta shots regardless if I had a melee or squishy class.

You already doing a lot so it might not help much but you can set flash projector to high priority in the details page of task manager. It might be rubberbanding too so you may need a more stable internet connection and if you play on a laptop be sure to set the battery mode to highest performance. If you play on Wifi, if you can get a wired connection, I know a lot of newer laptops do not have an Ethernet port but you can buy a USB one on Amazon for around 10 bucks and I know from my experience they work great(went from 20MBPS to 80MBPS).

Try turning hardware acceleration on/off. Some people are better with it off, but I found my game ran smoother when I had it turned on.

the only thing to add to that guide is that a lot of people get a better fps with older fp version (11-18)

Not much we can help you with other than having you switch to flash proj. and changing your in-game settings.

Look through the graphics and experimental settings and turn on/off things that cause or reduce lag (such as shadows and player shots).

If these settings don’t help you’re either experiencing bad internet connection or it’s caused by your computer, either of which we can’t really help with.

Maybe try turning off your VPN if you have one on, as that’ll make your connection a bit worse.

As mentioned by others, you can upgrade to a better pc or improve your connection.
If you haven’t already, go to the menu (O) and turn off almost everything in experimental(includes projectiles, damage text, particle master, etc.)
Turning UI and graphics to low should also help.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.