Introducing the Illusionist

It’s finally here!

The Illusionist

The next katana class with its own unique ability that is fun to use and master. The Illusionist has the ability to completely avoid attacks and even status effects at the cost of a little DPS. Do any of you hate those little ghosts in the second area of the cemetery? Imagine a class that could use that unique ability to phase through incoming shots and comes out unharmed.

Check out the class and its details here.

This class utilizes dreamstones, which not only allows the user to phase but they also inflict weak and have a decent cooldown (to prevent abuse). I think the Illusionist would be a great and exciting addition to the game. It’s not like the oreo because you can’t ‘tank’ shots, but merely pass through them so you must be careful where you un-phase.

Thanks for reading; please leave your thoughts below in the comments.

Bonus:

RENAME IT TO
shogun

I like this idea the class seems decent & balanced

As expected from a white star

The ability goes against a core principle of bullet hell games: dodging. But so do the oreo, shields and cloaks to a certain extent, so what do I know.

Cool

reduce the time he is invincible.
and add a huge mana cost…
130 mana cost at the t6 is way too low… at least a 150, if not even 180.
all of that, since the cooldown isn’t that much, and it will be a broken item in my opinion.

This is a good idea. The name of the actual class is cool, the sprites are pretty on-point, and the stats are well balanced in general. The cool-down time could be extended for each tier though, as since cooldown starts when you actually use the ability, there’s only a couple seconds between the end of a T6 usage and the start of another one.

I guess increasing the cooldown would balance the class a bit more, thanks.

I really like this idea. We really could use a new class, and another katana wielding one. Honestly, thinking about it, that ability is best suited for a class like this, and with the stats it has. I know that the ability seems somewhat broken, and the whole spiel about it being being completely immune to shots is there, but I really think this idea has potential. It reminds me a lot of Reaper’s ability from Overwatch, where if you use it, you become immune, but still visible to other targets, and cannot shoot at all. I know it sounds like a massive downgrade, but it’d be cool to remove the weak and instead make it so while phasing, the Illusionist can’t shoot. It seems really pointless at first, but this style of gameplay would be quite innovative. Go in deep on something, phase through it, and give yourself time for a different approach or to heal or something like that. Granted, each ability should have a big cooldown, with or without being able to shoot, as the whole going immune thing in a game like this could be well taken advantage of. That’s just me though, I really love this idea, keep up the great work man.

Thanks for the detailed response!

I can see what you’re saying about applying stun instead of weakening, but I must state that this game revolves “achieving your soulbound damage” and getting loot. Either way, I’m really interested to see how this class would be utilized and possibly become a popular rushing class.

I really enjoy this idea, with the huge CD you have placed on the ability It forces the player to be judicious with their timing. Do you have any ideas for possible UT dreamstones, if not might I suggest that instead of weak other status affects are applied, I saw stun instead of weak applied earlier but you could have a lot of fun with the “phased” along side other status effects, perhaps unstable + berserk + damaging or perhaps a much larger duration with sickness and slow applied. This is a great idea and one that has great potential to be messed around with (phased with all sorts of durations and status effects)… I would definitely play this class.

Its very balanced imo

Thanks!

I would like to see a UT dreamstone that stunned and gave speedy.

mmh, maybe doing both would be a tad bit too much, but increasing the mana cost is something at least.

Balanced and broken is only a word difference, but at the same time worlds apart.
A divine pet with mheal maxed is just asking for abuse, and frankly, the pet doesn’t even need to be a maxed divine in order to take advantage of it…
Places where pets are nerfed also nerf this ability due to the enormous cost, making the ability more strategical, but if the mana is an amount you can easily recover without a pet, that’s what I call broken… the cooldown of 2.6 secs is nice and all, but the way I think of it, its an oreo with more time of usage, and less cost.

Now check again if it’s balanced or not.

The idea is nice but I think it does not look cool

To really determine the validity/balance of this ability we must break down all its aspects.

First off, even if the player has the ability to regenerate their mp before the cooldown expires they have to ask themselves, do I want another 2.4 seconds of weakness? So yes, I would agree it could be “abused” if you purely desire as much phase time as possible, at the cost of some dps.

But… let’s examine this ability a bit deeper. With an oreo you can literally sit on a fire bomb and virtually take no damage, but with dreamstones it’s a whole different scenario. So, like before you phase and sit on the fire bomb, but when the bomb explodes the shots are still on your screen (because they passed through you). This creates a small issue since your phase time could run out and let’s just say there will be a nice monument of your futile attempt.

Lastly, I need to give a thought to ponder. Even if you could use this ability as much as possible (for rushing purposes) is it really safe to turn that corner knowing you could un-phase onto a quick demise?

This is like, REALLY good. Amazing job, I want this so bad. 10/10.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.