- Robe of the Mad Scientist and Twilight Gemstone: Ability uses 55% less MP.
- Puri tome (recommended): Most harmful status effects are significantly less dangerous to the player. Also, good heal.
- Conducting Wand (optional): +4 WIS bonus allows for +30 HP per ability use, if tome has wismod.
The setup above would allow the player to spam the tome at incredible rates. With a decent MP-healing pet, the player may never fear running out of mana. Despite being a robed class, they would be able to tank most shots easily, as it would only take 50 MP to heal an impressive 290 damage. The only real dangers are shotguns and silencing/quieting shots. Other than that, this setup would allow the Priest to tank much more comfortably than even a Knight.
- Poor investment into DPS.
- While Puri is arguably better for the player’s survival, a Fungal tome would be better for the group’s survival in most situations.
- While most harmful status effects would pose virtually no threat (as they can be repeatedly and cheaply remedied), quieting and silencing shots must be avoided at all costs. Without the ability to spam the Puri tome, the Priest is left with very little survivability, and must now dodge bullets like a common plebian.
- Vulnerable to shotguns (instakill). If the player gets too comfortable tanking shots, they may accidentally get too close to a shotgun and end up being instakilled.