Is a legitimate high eff fametrain possible?

Do you think it’d be a viable idea to make a high efficiency fame train where actual players inhibit god spawns instead of bots?

That way it wouldn’t really be against ToS, while still being insanely efficient.
Making it into a sorc train could also be an option.

"Ghost Realm" discussion/PSA

I mean the way most trains do it is have idling accounts in the middle of Glands to make a high spawn track around it

Fairly sure that’s in tos

Those idling accounts tend to either be bots or alts using hacked clients. I’m talking about actual legitimate players.

For example you could have an organized effort where people training have occasional shifts of 5-10 minutes where they go stand guard instead.

I’m interested in the idea of having that insane fame gain without people cheating to get it.

I don’t intend on actually making something like that, but I just wonder whether it’d be possible / sustainable.

I honestly doubt it - it’s already a hassle organizing people to bring a few idlers each and most people aren’t going to be volunteering to manually idle on their main accounts instead of benefiting from the train. Having people do it in shifts is gonna slow down the train by a lot if you have to stop the train and switch idlers every 5-10 minutes and will overall discourage most from training if they have to waste time idling.

Having alts standing in Glands is a bit of a management effort but once they’re there they stay. It wouldn’t take more than 30 minutes to get set up legit.

Bots that don’t use hack clients that are implemented by players are in a lighter grey area in the ToS.

If I make a macro(in ToS) that launches the vanilla client(in ToS) and moves my mule(in ToS), to a designated spot, I should be in the clear.

It sounds nice in theory, and sounds doable to me (maybe slightly more inefficient due to the “guard” having to switch over), but unfortunately will likely never happen.

Why? Because as long as there is an easier way, even if it involves hacking, that will be done instead, because a lot of the people in fame trains (not all for sure, but a sizeable chunk) openly cheat and they won’t even consider it because it’s less fpm than just setting up idler accounts with hacked clients.

I mean, look at the current situation; this isn’t the first time the community has been told by Deca “hey we uh don’t like you using idlers for the fame trains because you’re breaking the ToS” and the response is “WTF DECA NOT ALLOWING FAME TRAINS ANY MORE” instead of maybe… just not using idlers in your fame trains or setting up a non-scummy way of doing it like you suggested.

Nah.

technically macros are out of tos but deca doesnt enforce it

Maybe it could become reality with the realm remaster, if hacked clients aren’t created within a few weeks.

49 posts were split to a new topic: “Ghost Realm” discussion

No, it’s not. It’s in response to finding one of these high efficiency fame trains in my home server.
I noticed that the idler bots autonexus if you drag on them and the train players move in perfectly straight lines (something indicating famebotting).

no one is fame training anymore in fear of being banned due to most trains using idlers which deca has deemed illegitimate

and that’s why I’m asking whether it’s possible to have people idling without breaking ToS.

no one will be willing to volunteer, and deca will most likely have to change their stance on idlers or it will stay like this and trains will revert to their old meta

It doesn’t have to be a volunteer-based system, exchanging pots for services could be considered.
There are plenty of people willing to AFK in nexus, and if it’s as safe as ArexRew says, it could be done.

regardless of the method that will get people to afk, it still might be against tos so until deca clarifies what fame gaining methods are considered illegitimate then we can’t really be sure

I say that if you know that you were exploiting the game, you know that other people were doing stuff that is against the ToS like hacking, you shouldn’t have the right to make an uproar about something you know that’s bad for the game.

Anyways, what’s the point of fame training right now anyways? The Fame Rework may or not may make our current Fame useless and make it sort of a Legacy Fame thing, some dungeons (Parasite Chambers, Ice Cave and Lost Halls) already give a hefty amount of Fame while playing the game normally, probably the rest of the dungeons will receive a rework to give a good amount of Fame according to the dungeon’s difficulty.

I feel like the entire Fame problem is mostly on the fame trainers, which apparently most-if not all of them, exploited the game and thus, went against the ToS, sure, there may be players that got hefty amounts of fame legitimately by maybe running a large amount of Halls in a Discord, and they are probably part of the uproar that occured when Deca announced some months ago that they would do a Fame Reset before clarifying it some days later.

But i feel a Fame Reset of sorts, like by making out current Fame something else (like a Legacy Leaderboard) while we would start at 0 fame basically would be the best option to make Fame relevant in our progression other than feeding our pets and some event fame boxes.

I kind of want there to be a legit & efficient option for those that do want to fametrain.
So that people who want to avoid cheating can get closer to top-tier fame gain and eventually hopefully causing less people feel like cheating is needed to be efficient with your time.

Less people cheating is better for the game, because this game is more fun when you don’t cheat and people will get bored with this game more slowly if they don’t cheat.
That would then lead to more people continuing to play this game and more revenue being available for better development.

i usually just run parasite chambers and lost halls for fame and loot