Is it possible to have a setting to disable skins

I remember being able to see a class and say “oh yeah, I know that’s a priest, I should stick around him so I don’t die or whatever.”

Now here we are in 2018 with so many skins that its hard to identify what class people are playing depending on the skin, it’s super annoying. That’s my main problem with skins, is although they look cool, it kind of hurts clarity.

be a priest yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

That would defeat the purpose of having skins if you turn them off.

I’m sure it could be done, I don’t know how complicated it would to implement. Though I can’t see this as a pressing issue for deca. Maybe if enough people ask for it

I mean that eliminates cosmetics but I guess. Deca has more pressing issues like their servers for now…

you can edit the sprite sheets in game to make everyone have the same skin, i can show you

deca wouldn’t want the people buying the “special” skins to feel irrelevant this will never get added, same goes with pets

It is possible (many hacked clients have this as a feature), but I don’t think Deca will add this into the official client for previously stated resons:

It could be hard to tell, I agree.

But one thing that remains set in stone are ability items and text. If you roll over their name quickly and check their 2nd slot or read their class it becomes less of an issue.
Only takes a second too.

yeah IMO this should be on the burner for DECA, they’ve really made me hate the idea of skins.

There’s a point when it’s too much.

It’s compounded by if you have ally projectiles off, since you then can’t even use that as a guide to what the thing is standing next to you.

I don’t know, I find it pretty easy to tell who’s who even if they’re using a skin

I also have no trouble figuring out people’s classes.

I am a fan of skins but I do agree with this somewhat. Though i feel a better thing to do is to go over all existing skins and give them a distinct feature of their class. I.E. all knight skins should have a shield, all rogue skins should have a bandanna, all paladin skins should have helmet feathers, etc etc. :sunglasses:

There is a similar and more controversial issue with pets. Pets can actually be detrimental to game performance (as opposed to just not being able to easily recognize a class), and the conflict of interest arises when DECA makes a bunch of money from pet stones.

How does one recognise a pet, the only thing you can tell is the first ability

The issue is that pets make your fps drop.

It is similar to the original topic because to remedy the issue, DECA would have to implement something that demotivates the purchase of cosmetics.

Pets dont make my FPS drop

Sorry, I mean in large groups. (also they make it harder to see bullets and enemies)

I think having skins in which no one knows what class you use makes the player feel as if they are a good player.

Works for me at least.