Is knight really that good?

I have been working on a knight I have drank 38 def pots and probably 50 various others (mostly Dez and wis) and I have the cheap noob gear (archon, veng, expo, mith). I know this isn’t that good but I feel really bad when I play on my knight. I have had countless people tell me “oh knight is so op” “they need to nerf it” but it’s just not clicking for me, am I doing something wrong?

P.S. I had similar gear on a essentially unpotted pally and it felt much better to play. Also my pet is 45 heal, 30 something mheal

Its a lot better with a good pet.

If your pet is shit then knight is pretty bad too.

Edit: Sorry if that sounds like an attack, wasnt intended.

Well, the Knight is obviously, a melee class. Except, Knights are like, the melee-est melee to ever melee. That means that you can’t be afraid to take damage. You can’t be afraid to get up close and personal with the enemy, stun them at the perfect time, and take them out. The problem you may be having is that your health may get too low for comfort, which is okay, it happens to all of us. However, the best way to play with the knight is just to play with the knight. I remember when I used to only be ranged classes, and my friends would try to get me to play as a melee class. I didn’t get the Knight Meta, either. But trust me, just play. The more you play as the knight, the more you’ll understand the true op potential of the knight.

Tip: When fighting Gods in the Glands, lure a bunch of them at once to you, get behind a rock that obstructs their shots, and stun them through the rock, and take them out. I do it all the time. It’s my favorite knight tactic for Glands. It’s great that the shield’s shots pierce through everything- even obstacles.

P.S. Your pet has a lot to do with your knight’s max potential. Find a good one, obviously. The Heals and Magic Heals are what keep the Knight OP.

Thanks for the advice.
Unlike some people cough dbag white stars cough

@Mynamerr had perfectly good advise and he’s right with out a powerful pet knight is no where near one of the best classes. If you’re wanting to be powerful I recommend you play long range characters until your pet is stronger.

as for @four well, he’s memeing around.

Haha they just have put a lot of time and effort (and money) into the game, and just want to show it in the most annoying way possible.

I’m gonna get actual ROCKS thrown at me for saying that whoops

lol

Exactly.

Another thing a lot of new players apparently don’t understand is that the Shield has almost the same range as your Sword, meaning you don’t need to sit on an enemy to Stun them.

The first stun in particular can be thrown from pretty far away: after all, you don’t need to deal the full damage of the Shield, even barely clipping the enemy with it will still Stun them for the full duration.

That’s a good tactic, but you need to be careful not to pull too many gods at once. More often than not, you’ll see noob Knights running around in godlands with a huge god wall behind them, because they pulled too many at once and now they can’t get close without getting destroyed.

Remember Medusas can lob grenades at you even from the other side of a rock formation or wall, and those still hurt even on a maxed Knight (150 base damage).

Since movement is key for this tactic to work, it’s also probably a good idea to drink a lot of Spd before you attempt it (farm Snake Pits if you have to, trying to make base Spd Knight work in godlands is absolutely miserable).

For the same reason, you might want to practice dodging Slows on lonely Slime Gods at first, since they will very likely get you killed if they manage to hit you while you’re trying to drag several gods at once.

Yeah. Playing Knight before pets was a lot harder, especially if you didn’t have either hacks, infinite ammies or both.

Pets make Knight exponentially better. If anyone has any doubts about Magic Heal+Stun being broken, they can just try and count how many Stun-Immune bosses were implemented in the game after build 12.

paden is better tho