Is knight to OP? should the OP be decreased?

Just put pet stasis in their cereal. Easy fix.

oh look it is 2014 - 2015 all over again

I’m open to that too, what are your ideas if not making bosses immune?

i think knight should go from 50 spd to 40 spd and not have enemies be immune to stun but have a cooldown on the stun like stasis. it should be a cooldown of 4-5 secs so only scutum can be viable for chain stun. i say spd debuff because the knight should have a downside to being weighed down by his shield.

Knight is an OP class but it does have its downfalls.

1.) its speed can sometimes mean rushing to a boss/going in on a boss can be risky, It is a tanky class but bosses like O2 can pop it easily.

2.) It has a lot less dex/atk then other classes meaning getting damage with your sword cant always get you loot.

3.) His shield is a great way of getting loot but to be consistent with stuns and damage you need good wis or a good pet.

4.) Maxing some of his stats can take time to farm for and costs a fair bit of money to buy.

At the end of the day knight is OP in its own ways just like every other character and shouldn’t be nerfed.

A Realmeye Christmas [CLOSED]

I think that the knight is really fun for me. It can be a little OP at times, although a lot of my friends and I enjoy the knight class. I could understand a slight nerf to the shield or even the stun having a cooldown or something. But I think the class itself is really well done and fun to play with. You can play a lot more safer and learn more about the game with the class, because it provides lots of defense.

Here is my thought: the knight has one of the most useful abilities, hence why many people play it. However, knight dps itself isn’t the best. A nerf would be cool, but the only thing to nerf would be the shield, which the only thing I can think of would be the damage. People also complain about their stun, like when people stun it, like oryx, and it gets instant debuffs and kill players. That should also be taken into account.

still has one of the higher dps.

i know that it still is a melee after all.

Knight is kinda OP, especially with the new shield an all. But I dont think classes should get nerfed, enemies should get harder.

An OP class is a class that either has no downsides or only very minor ones. Be careful not to contradict yourself.

Of course you’ll never have a 0% chance to die in this game. If you want to prove whether a class is OP or not, you need to consider its chances compared to other classes, especially ones that play similarly (in this case the other melees). Bosses like O2 are intimidating, but not necessarily hard.

Swords have the highest base damage of any weapon type in the game, so having low Atk isn’t that much of a negative when wielding them. Combined with the burst damage on Shield, they can very reliably get you loot.

And that’s the crux of the Knight’s problems: his Ability is game-breakingly good while requiring a high-level pet more than it does actual skill.

Again, you need to compare it to other classes for your statement to have an impact, and in this case the Knight is a lot better off than most other classes. He’s the easiest class to max Atk on, can stack Def and damage early on even with low-tier gear, and barely requires any pots to be efficient. There’s a reason why there are a lot more Knight PPEs/NPEs than Ninja PPEs/NPEs.

It’s not that Knight requires a nerf though, at least not a direct one. The implementation of Sewers was a great way to promote farming on other classes and changing the mechanics of Stun would reduce his game-breaking potential while keeping it a very fun class to play at the same time.

knight is OP when maxed, but knight takes a relatively long time to max. the knight isnt too OP because the maximum amount of damage you can avoid from each bullet is ~80% no matter how much def you have. I personally like to play archer because (for me) it is easier to play in general.

I agree with @Neo. Knight is not too op itself, pets are though. Knight is a fun easy to use class for all to play. I wouldn’t mess with it. As you can see a Jugged warrior can easily be more overpowered then a knight.

Making enemies harder to the point where they actually give a challenge will simply destroy people with bad pets and make the game normal for people with divines.

rip, your suppose to link this comment to your comment in that other thread…

In my view, the knight is over-powered, the knight is unique class in the game and he is one of the supporting melee classes.With his stun, paladin and warrior buff almost nothing will stop them.
So I think the knight OP should not be decreased.

Honestly all melees should be nerfed, except for mabe paladin. Melees are just too tanky but still have so much DPS, which makes them overpowered.

They nerfed abyss farming… it only drops vit, and rarely def

The Knight is a very forgiving class
Its very good for newbies
I think its the best class to get gud.
Not OP just very good for newbies
shouldnt be nerfed

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.