Is "Leader of Men" worth getting?

My wizard is at 16k base fame and has all possible fame bonuses except “Leader of Men”. I have 200 party level ups and need 800 more to get it.

My question is should I take the time and get the last bonus or suicide now?

For the numbers I’ll pretend I have 17k base fame.
Total fame with “Leader of Men”: 141292
Total fame without: 128449
Difference: -12843

Basically looking to get some insight from fame trainers who’ve gotten “Leader of Men”.

Depends on how much you want another 12K fame.

It’s not about how much I want it, but rather if it’s worth my time getting the last bonus or if my time is better spent making another character.

Hmmm…let’s see then. I think it took me 3 weeks to get the last 50 party level ups I needed for leader of men. But I wanted the fame bonus just for a shot at monthly leaderboards.

Well, its up to you. That bonus will take quite some time to obtain and whether or not its ultimately worth it, I’d have to say would depend on your end goal. Do you want a ludicrious amount of fame when your character gets killed in a freak accident? Then yes.

If you intend on suiciding, probably not worth the time and effort.

How much is you archer at? Just curious

You could spend half an hour test-trying for it (by doing things like trying to set up a “TP for fast XP” train on USWest3, or another server with a high % of players who aren’t maxed).

See how many level ups you get in that 30 mins, and get an idea how long it would take you to get the 800 you need.

Though often the purely fastest way to get it is by killing trash mobs to fully clear things around nubs, like Castle, midlands, or by clearing puppet/sewer/etc, this can have a negative effect on your godkills so bear that in mind.

I’ve never actually calculated the time, but surely if it’s only for feed you’d be able to get a new char to ~3.5k (which boosts to the missing 13k), in a faster time, I’d’ve thought.

If you’re asking party level ups, 1107

If you’re asking fame on death, 131,423

Back when there were fame trains I’d guess it could most efficiently be done through there. But now it’s just the ptrain (few levelers) so I’m not sure. 800 lvl ups is a lot though; but if it’s 12k fame (you mentioned making a new character but I’m guessing it’d be more valuable getting more total fame on this one high fame character) that’s also a lot of time.

ive decided i want to die now

That taken out of context grants us good reaction imagery.

What’s the end result?

hmmm. opportunity cost.

end result is im dying without the bonus, i’ll most likely be #1 weekly (as of now) with at least 125k total fame

If you’d rather get the bonus than die without it you can get a top robe and hand it over to a mule, just level that mule a bunch in lowlands using your main character.

just died. thread over

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.