Is loot purely RNG?

Is it just me that gets best loot when I barely hit the sb threshold xd

This is literally just pure luck. This has nothing to do with the percentage of shots you landed opposed to other players’ % of shots landed. You did enough damage to qualify for SB loot and you got lucky and got drops, it’s as simple as that. If you do enough damage to qualify for SB, then it is the same chance of loot, period. It doesn’t matter if you do 15% of the damage or 85% of the damage to a certain enemy, your chance of loot is the same.

That’s what I thought, but such a system would be so broken. Priest would be literally the undispusted best class xd since dmg would basically not matter

lvl%201

Well that’s the way it is. You’re right, damage basically doesn’t matter. That’s why I don’t understand why people emphasize DPS so heavily. An individual’s DPS does not matter much unless you are soloing or godland farming (better dps = more efficient farming = more pots/fame). So for example, there are many people who will tell you that csword is a bad weapon due to its dps. On the contrary, csword is a great weapon because it keeps you safe and does decent damage. As for your priest comment, you are again correct; priest is an extremely strong class. Priest is easily the safest class in the game and can still get loot just the same as any other class due to the low SB thresholds. However, I wouldn’t say that it’s the undisputed best because of the fact that priest can be tedious and boring to play at times. I certainly think priest is top tier but not the best. The reason that classes like Warrior are so popular is because of how fun and strong they are. Imagine being an extremely safe class that can run at mach speed and blow up everything with your insane damage output. It’s just fun, but the warrior’s chance of loot is no better than a priest’s chance of loot if both classes do enough damage to qualify for SB.

I shall summarize what I have learned xd
CROWN=GARBAGE
MERCY=GARBAGE
warrior=fun but useless af
etc…
ABRAHAMS WAND = BEST WEAPON IN GAME

abrahams wand on priest with soulless, deca, prot = not gonna die anytime soon with same chance of loot as warrior with dblade, hivehelm, mercy, and UB atk on a selfbuff… good to know xd

Well if you are farming by yourself, crown is the best ring in the game.
Warr is also pretty good groups for its beserk. 50%+ dps can make or break a dungeon run.
Abrahams…

Alright, if you’re going to be a sarcastic asshole then there’s no point in continuing this conversation. Go right ahead and keep on believing that more dps = more loot. You’re wrong, but ignorance is fitting for some people.

Slightly out of context quote from a game dev talking about SB threshold being extremely low (the thread I pulled this from was in reference to priest sets and whether or not dps is important on priest).

But yeah, do you and totally ignore everything stated up to this point. Make sure you equip Fire Dragon Battle Armor for maximum dps gainz and when you die I don’t wanna hear any complaints.

Warrior has speedy to dodge more efficiently, DPS is just a bonus :0.

I wasn’t being sarcastic… but sure…

well… actually…

SB is a broad term.

The point being made is that personal dps isn’t a huge deal in groups; you do enough to get sb, and anything extra you put on is only speeding up the fight, not boosting your own chances of getting loot. When soloing, dps is a much bigger deal, because you have to do all of the damage yourself.

Thank you. You said this better than I could have.

this was a 3 person udl
Shh don’t roast me for dem hacks
back when i was a dark blue star lmao

Yeah, it is. Time to upload some low damage whites

(With t0 katana and star)

Eh, while technically true, you still get your loot at the exact same time as the priest that barely hit SB.

A better phrase would be, “To kill the boss slightly faster”

True. In smaller groups, though(or even soloing), the warr finishes the dungeon uchfaster.

I’m pretty sure that’s his point.

I’m telling Commy.

/s

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.