Is nile worth wearing on wizard?

As in title.

I recommend pyra more, more atck, and better survivability based on hp. Since the mp cost for the wizard’s spell is low, that +60 mp +60hp vs 100hp from pyra I would say is better since the wizard has low defense, so that +4 def can help a bit. until or unless you got a bracer or a crown, then that heavy dps or dps+defensive boost would be better.

Well, it gives 60 of each, that means more dps and more survivability. It gives 4 dex and 4 spd which makes it faster (wiz is slow af) and gives it a small boost to dps which is always good. So yeah, go for it.

Wiz would benefit from a more defensive ring. 60HP is OK but firepower and extra spellbombs aren’t really important compared to HP and def. Expo would be a better choice.

Expo is always great, especially considering it’s… rarity?

TBH it seems like most people reiterate ring/equipment recommendations without knowing the math behind them, and as a result provide explanations that, despite probably being sensible, are not robust.

Robe classes really benefit from marginal defense because they generally struggle to reach the 43 defense threshold to maximumly reduce the common 50 damage shots (85% maximum damage reduction * 50 = 42.5 or 43 rounded).

However in contexts where unavoidable 50 damage shots are uncommon, it is not as important to push your defense to approach 43.

For example, 50 damage shots are relatively common in godlands and and godland-tier dungeons, so a character would want to approach 43 as closely as possible if doing such content. But in other dungeons where most dangerous shots are much greater than 50 damage (eg. Shatters, Tomb, any other endgame dungeon) or where most deaths involve being armor-broken (Tomb, Parasite Chambers), then approaching the 43 defense threshold is not as important, and the defense may be better sacrificed for other stats.

So, based on math, my opinion of a Nile ring on Wizard is that it is fine if you are frequently doing endgame content.

I personally really enjoy using Nile, but mostly because I run it with a Toga. It’s pretty neat to have 83/76 as your offensive stats, since you sacrifice 3 dex for 4 attack, which, from my perspective, is a good deal.
I also like having enough MP to still spellbomb, while also having enough HP to tank some damage.
Sure, 38 defense is squishy, but heck, I got loads of power.

So, if you’re looking for a more offensive-based Wizard, this is a fine ring to use!

Yes, it is. I main nile on my wizard.

If i would choose expo i will be blamed by stupid pro idiots that say OMG EXPO WIZ XD NUB REKT. EXPO SHIT XDDDD.

Nile is decent on Wizard, but a Pyra would still be better.
Nile actually would pair better with a Soulless Robe though.

I guess it also mainly depends on what stats the Wizard is maxed in, if any.

8/8

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.