Is there a list of instakill things in realm? (A question and rant)

I have been playing this game for about four months now and I really like the gameplay and everything but the thing is everything I learn, I learn it the very hard way.

Today for example I got my 9th white bag ever and it was from Mad Lab. It was great until we went for the horrific creature and it instakilled me and puff almost 8/8 character puff gone, no time to react, I just died. Must start from scratch.

That was not the first occurance I was instakilled right after I got white bag. Also happened after the cementary, when I forgot something will spawn after boss an all I saw was that whitie. In total, I lost 3 white bags just because I didn’t know that things can kill you instantly even with good gear (t14 robes and deca) and maxed character.

So is there a list of things that kill you instantly, so I can play the game and enjoy it rather than spending days to max the character and then die to a stupid thing I didn’t yet know?

I’m pissed off, because I never had 8/8 character for more then few hours. It’s funny how I never die in the early process or making it. I rarely die with defence or life not maxed.

List:

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/dungeons

Seriously, arguably every dungeon has something that can kill the unwary, except maybe the Pirate’s Cave. Even e.g. Forbidden Jungle if you’re doing it while levelling and aren’t ready for the boss’s final phase he can walk on top of you and kill you.

Generally there’s something in each dungeon, or a few somethings, that can really mess you up if you let it. Quite a few are lethal if they sit on you, so you need to know their patterns, anticipate where they go or get out of the way when they try and jump on you. Others have debilitating shots, or highly damaging shots. Still other dungeons have status effects which contribute to an early death.

You can read the page of each on the wiki, from the above link, to get some idea. Often though there’s no substitute for experience. Sadly that means dying a lot, but that’s the nature of the game, the way you progress in it, the way you earn fame for pets, dyes, blueprints and occasional packs.

most enemies with a radial or even just a regular shotgun will either one or two shot any character if you let them get on you, so its kind of about learning how many of those have fast blink-style dashes like the horrific creation.

on a robe class or particularly squishy loadouts for a leather, that list is much higher because these classes are just inherently squishier.

The other guys already gave their takes, so I’m just gonna say this:
NEVER LET AN ENEMY SIT ON YOU. Unless you’re experienced enough and know that the enemy/boss won’t shoot, don’t let anything sit on you. Especially if the enemy shoots a lot of shots, you need to move out of the way very quickly. You said:

It can be hard to react since some enemies attack very quickly. Through experience, you should get a feel for how long an enemy will sit on you before attacking if it has such attacks. For the Horrific Creation, you should have a few seconds before it will actually attack after charging, unless it sat on you while you were in a vat of liquid, in which case, that sucks. Just, make sure to never sit on or let an enemy sit on you, and be very quick to move out of the way. Since the game’s combat is very fast paced, you need to be very aware and reactive. No slacking or else you’ll die. I used to lose a lot of good characters because I AFK’d somewhere dangerous or was watching a video on another screen. Pay attention, don’t sit on anything, and be prepared.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.