Is there any way to reduce lag without buying new hardware?

I just died in udl with Toga Picta and crying cuz i changed all setting hoping i can get less lag, and im still dying in OTs, just walking in bosses with my character not responding. HOW TO FIX THIS MADNESS I KEEP DYING ON LVL 16 IN UDLS HELP MEEEEEEE!!!

EDIT: i die in udl not because i dont have skill and im a bad player, no, my character just walks in a shit ton of enemies and stands still.

How do I reduce lag?

Just remember its flash. You don’t need a high end computer to play it, it’ll always be slightly bad.

Turn down graphics, boost cpu to the program, and close out other programs playing on the computer.

If you’re playing on browser then switch to flash or (don’t burn me at the stake please) Steam.

However you didn’t say your PC specs so you may just have such a bad computer that it can’t handle RotMG.

Yeah, my computer is pretty much a calculator and i plan on upgrading it

It may not be possible to increase performance that much then, honestly.

My PC struggles with OT’s without hardware acceleration turned on and it’s an i3, gtx 560ti with 8 gigs of ram.

You may just have to lay off of RotMG until you have a better PC :c

If only there was a way to toggle particles off completely

I got an intel core 2 duo and I get 20 fps on thessal lol

But there is in the experimental options. Using those could help reduce lag.

This is a good guide (click it to expand) :

Another good tip is to switch to version 18 of flash projector

One way of improving fps is to shrink game window while playing on Steam.
Also enabling hardware acceleration in options should help boost fps.

I have intel core 2 duo too but i have like 1 fps on thessal really

There are 3 types of lag, and you can really only reduce one (maybe 2)

FPS lag : This is a good way of expressing it. Cover the 15 fps, and look at 60, then cover 60 fps and look at the 15 fps one.
Its caused by having a lower-end computer that has trouble rendering realm. It really shouldn’t be popping up much, because realm is not a very demanding game. The best example I have of this is when you’re in a large oryx castle doing the stone guardians, and there’s a ton of shots and you’re lagging because of that.

Client-sided lag: Lag on your end. Your internet is slow, and because shots ingame are client sided (proof of this comes from the shatters bridge tower glitch), you may be taking damage after a shot hits you, experience lag between hitting spacebar and the ability activating, etc. Client sided lag is very similar to server-sided lag, and some of these symptoms occur in both.

Server-sided lag: Rubberbanding, inablility to connect to servers, etc, most of everything in Client sided lag can be experienced in server sided lag.

Really, the only kind of lag you can reduce is FPS, by turning on The hide particles master setting and hide player shots in experiental settings.

Well said.

It honestly depends on what you classify as hardware. If you can’t spend $7 or $ 50 to buy an ethernet cable/router, that yeah, FPS is the only type of lag you can fix.

Client sided lag may be remedied with the use of an ethernet cable/ better router/ better internet plan.\

Server sided lag is something that only thousands and thousands of $$ can fix. This shouldn’t be your worry, seeing as only DECA can fix this.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.