Is this "ban worthy?" [priest ditching group in lava walk]

lol

Yes, I agree the action OP is describing is annoying and dickish — and the same goes for people who intentionally try to cause harm in other ways like throwing barrels at players or following cloaked rogues.
Since I am not a dick, I would never consider replicating these actions.

HOWEVER, as reasonable human beings we should not expect everyone to be kind and considerate to one another. DECA staff simply does not have the manpower to manage their inbox in a world where every single annoying behaviour is reported. It is not as simple even to punish every perpetrator of these actions either — it is also necessary to identify malicious intent, when there often isn’t. I trust that there isn’t a single player (virtuous or dick) who has never accidentally walked behind a rogue or accidentally aimed a barrel badly. Disconnecting or having doubts about your capability during a lava walk is not out of the realm of possibility either.

A simpler solution, benefiting both DECA and the players themselves, is for us to acknowledge and play around the existence of annoying behaviour, intentional or accidental. As a rogue, watch the minimap for yellow dots behind you. In a parasite chamber, pay attention to the players near barrels. Always have a backup plan in a Shatters and remind yourself that you have a nexus key (hopefully).

With this more aware and realistic mindset we can help decrease the amount of spam DECA has to deal with in their pursuit to ban cheaters who do actual harm to the game, and more importantly improve ourselves as players.

This is a nice thicc substantive reply.

Again: they absolutely can ban the worst repeat offenders and the people who brag about it publicly.

Of course they can’t and shouldn’t punish someone every single time something goes south, but if they never punish anyone then what’s the point of having ToS?

And here we go again with this “git gud” shit.

If a dungeon has a shit design, then it has a shit design. If the devs made a shit dungeon, then they’re the ones who need to improve, not the players.

Seriously, “play around it”? If a bunch of guys with Divine pets lavawalk to 3rd boss and activate it as soon as they can, how are people without pets or with lesser pets supposed to reach it in time? Even if they could rush or clear fast enough, what level of skill, pray tell, would change the fact that they mathematically can’t cross the lava to the boss area without dying?

It really would appear to be the simplest fix to narrow the lava with moving the black boundary wall, pinching in to the corner (same way that the south/west wall does, to force anyone in the lava to get within sight of the enemies there. And could narrow the lava all the way up to the top.

If straightforward things such as that aren’t done, it is tacit approval from the devs that they are okay with the design and hence methods used to do the dungeon.

(Personally I think lava walk is/was fine when it’s done via group planning/prep with bringing priests etc, but when it gets to be a soloable thing on any class due to high pet, it’s broke, so needs fixing).

Lava/hot lava itself could use a rethink.
Something cumulative, like a ‘burning’ status effect with a nice fire icon. If you are burning then the dmg increases with time so you can’t just sit in it and need to dip back onto the land. Maybe just on the hot lava/magma.

smh its such an easy fix too
just pull out the erase tool, then run it across the eastern mass of lava to trimm it, then release it and boom easy hotfix

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.