Is this game pay to win?

This game may be p2w but an average player like myself can easily make the most of it. In the end paying can help, but skill is far more important

it depends on whoever you’re asking maybe one person thinks p2w is buying 8/8’s maybe some people think p2w is buying skins.

First: What is pay to win? How do you win in RotMG?
Simple Answer: I don’t think that it’s the same for everyone. It might be a dream set. It might be some 8/8s. It might be killing every boss on a level 1 character. I don’t know. Point is, it’s not the same for everyone.
Realm is not pay to play. It may be pay to win, if winning is a better experience. Paying to win is an abstract concept, especially when winning is an abstract concept too. I think TROLLDLLR made a valid point. Competing has a relatively clear definition of winning, like World of Tanks. In this case, winning is defined as beating others. But in RotMG, with no player-to-player direct competition, you can compete, yes, without paying. Yes, you can get a significant advantage by paying. Yes, you can look cooler. Is looking cooler an advantage? Might it give confidence to the player? Yes. Winning is relative to everyone, meaning that yes, this game is pay to win, and yet perhaps no depending on your definition of winning.
Thus, Realm is pay to have more fun, but not pay to win necessarily.

Event chests and login calendar.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.