Is wizard op?

Exactly

Kind of what I was trying to say. None of the abilities are op on any class to the point 1 for sure outshines. Wizard can be really good at getting the SB threshold, more so than other classes, however it’s squishy so in enclosed situations or situations where you need that def, those time are it’s downfall.

Depends on your mp heal cough knight

that sounds almost exactly like a scepter, except sorcerers are even better at it. truth be told, spellbombs actually can’t be aimed anywhere on-screen, they only go off in the center of the targeted tile. in order to get the full damage that everyone seems unable to not focus the hell out of, the enemy must be standing exactly on the center of a tile. that doesn’t happen often. even landing 5/20 shots is somewhat uncommon (not difficult, but infrequent). scepters on the other hand, always inflict full damage which is easily comparable if not superior to to the quarter-spellbombs you’ll normally be getting on account of only taking in defense once as opposed to 5 times. furthermore, scepters can be boosted by wisdom even further beyond that to inflict even more damage. and on top of all of that, sorcerer has a lot more spd than wizard making it even better for not only the “hit and run” scenario, but also getting in there in the first place and getting around.

this is one of the reasons wizard is so boring to me, all it can do is damage. sorcerer does slightly less damage, but is far more efficient at both delivering it and distributing it, and also the only class in the game of instantaneously inflicting mass slow so it’s not restricted to pure damage. and in terms of pure damage, wizard is actually weaker than mystic once your pet reaches near perma-berserk levels, making wizard seem kind of pointless. I’m not saying wizard needs a buff, not everyone has the level 90+ mheal pet that mystic needs to destroy the wizard, I’m just saying that’s why I don’t play it anymore. wizards have their uses, but they’re highly overstated imo.

To sum up everyone’s comments, wizard is alright

In my personal opinion, I feel like the Wizard is actually quite underpowered. I think that it should get a major buff, like an extra +20 to max in each stat or something.

Oh, and while you’re at it, make it impossible to actually drink the extra 20 of each potion unless you’ve spent $100 on the game. Only then will you be allowed to drink them, but with a slight catch: You need to get the potions from a mystery box.

I think this idea will definitely improve the game.

Knight definitely isn’t the best all-round class. Even if you have maxed out mp heal. And high MP heal is pretty insane on wizard.

+20 ATT? I think not.

The wizard is by no means an over powered class. The wizard is a god of destruction, yes, but he can be easily get shut down if you don’t know what you are doing. I used to have a maxed wizard and I have had a few maxed knights and I found myself having a harder (but more fun) time with my wizards because everything posed a threat to my life. I had to dodge and yes my long range and pocket nuke was very powerful at dealing damage, but there was a clear trade off with my defensive stats. If you want to look at an over powered class, look towards the knight, this guy just tanks everything and has no hard time dealing large amounts of damage. Getting a perfect spellbomb (and in return, the max damage) takes a little bit of skill. even after hundreds of hours across many accounts it is still challenging to hit a perfect spellbomb, whereas the knights ability all you have to do is stand at sword range and press spacebar. Basically no class in the game is over powered though, as the ultimate enemy to us all is decas potato servers.

Not saying it’s the best all around class either. If we’re saying all around, there is no best class. Soloing, the rogue, dealing damage, wizard IF you land all shots of the spellbomb, healing, priest, staying alive against all odds because freaking stuns and def, knight, there’s a reason to use EVERY single class in the game, they’re all better than another class at something.

Yes, there is no ‘best class’. Every class in the game excels at something different. That’s kinda my point here. Obviously rogue is better for soloing than sorc. and obviously priest is better for staying alive than ninja. But there is a best pick for ‘all-round’ class. And I think that’s wizard. It has medium-high range so it can stay back and survive, and fairly high DPS. It’s not good for soloing, but it’s also not the worst at it. It’s just “okay” at everything.

That’s the entire point of my comment, there is no “best” class period, because rotmg is a pretty balanced game.

However, I was replying to your comment “Depends on your mp heal cough knight” which i disagree with. Even with a high MP heal, I do not believe that knight is the best pick for all-round class.

These are all opinion to be honest. I think a maxed knight with divine mp heal is way more helpful and unbalanced in almost(ALMOST) every situation than a wizard or most other classes. However, without those former conditions, he isn’t because he can’t permanently stun. Wizard is only better all around until you get to that point, but once you reach that point, then yes, I think knight is probably better in most situations. If your up against Oryx 2 and you can’t get a stun in because you can’t circle or something like that, then wizard is better because he can shoot from farm away and doesn’t have to worry. But if you can get 1 in, it’s over and knight instantly reigns supreme. This is also assuming he/she HAS a divine pet, which obviously not many people have. That’s why knight has 50 wisdom, because his ability would make him incredible op if he had 60 or 75. However, wizard has 60, because even though he has higher mana and his mana cost per spell is less than the knight, the wizard’s spell doesn’t make him OP. It is useful everywhere, because it’s just damage, but then again-It’s JUST damage. That’s it. The knight can stun most enemies, while the wizard just does a lot of damage. Useful in taking enemies down quicker, enforcing the “a good offense is the best defense” theme that wizard has. He melts through enemies to keep himself alive, but the knights def and ability to stop enemies from even attacking is way to op to not consider him the best all around class when max. However, if the wizard has a redeeming quality over knight, it would be less def to max, and the fact that wizard makes account rebuilding easier, as wizard can be picked up 0/8 and be maxed easily if you want, because he gets easy soulbound and has the ability to stay back. Also, while knight’s main shield and sword UT swapouts are rare, the wizard can get the Extreme Prejudice relatively easily.

But again, these are all opinions. It could be wizard is better all around for some people, and knight is for others. It comes down to playstyle and skill in that class. I suck at archer (even with uts), but many people consider it to be one of the best classes with a ut set.

Mystic does not get more OP than wizard once you get perma-berserk levels. It barely has more staff dps even when berserked which doesn’t even matter if there’s a warrior nearby and the wizzy’s insane spell burst dps with a high lvl mpheal makes its overall dps still higher, not to mention its burst dps.

Wizard is the squishiest class in the game, there’s no doubt in that.

As such, it cannot always be 100% safe; and therefore I say that Wizard is not overpowered.
However, it is a very strong class in many common situations; as stated earlier by @Zquidx, the more endgame content focuses more on survivability and less on destructive firepower, making a Wizard slightly less effective at its job, being put in its glass cannon role a tad further.

I also agree with @Xaklor’s comments on the spellbomb; however, I disagree that a Scepter can always outdamage a Spell, since the approximate 100 damage/shot with 5 shots in - which is usually not as hard as you make it sound, honestly - usually outdamages the Scepter, as well as out-MP-costing it.
An exception is, of course, the Scepter of Devastation, because that’s just downright devastating.

don’t forget curse, yet another effect the wizard is incapable of applying. it’s the combination of the two that trumps the wizard. the mystic has a very noticeable increase of overall dps over the wizard up to 65 DEF, which includes nearly every enemy in the game, and still technically has more all the way up to 88 DEF

if there’s a warrior nearby, you’re likely in a group. especially if that warrior is nearby enough to render the mystic’s permanent berserk unneeded. if you’re in a group, your individual dps doesn’t really matter at all as the pacing of your game is no longer controlled by your own strength, instead it’s based on the strength of the group. at that point, you only need to inflict enough damage to qualify for loot and the only class weak enough to actually have problems with that is a priest, and I hear they do just fine.

if that’s so true then why do I still plow through enemies faster than them, huh?

every single time a discussion of the wizard comes up everyone always mentions how powerful the spellbomb is, yet in practice it never lives up to that reputation. I haven’t the faintest idea what everyone else’s experience is, but mine is that mystic hits harder, moves faster, and can do way more than a wizard. if you have some sort of further evidence of the effectiveness of the spellbomb I’m all ears, but if all you’ve got boils down to “you’re just not playing wizard right”, then my response is “you’re just not playing mystic right”.

btw, even if you do convince me that wizard is more powerful than mystic, its sluggishness is a real pain in the ass. I’d rather take the +10 SPD any day, and there’s really nothing at all wizards can do about that.

It’s alright. Let’s look at its options.

Cosmic- Bread and butter Staff, can’t go wrong with it.
EP- you have to sit on top of an Enemy, which may or may not be lethal, making its only use on test chests, but SB is so easy to get it doesn’t matter.
Ghost King Staff Thing- It has three shots that’s you have to land. All of them, which might be a bit tough sometimes.
Green Orb- It has higher damage, but a lower RoF. It’s kinda like an A.S.S, but for Staff users.
Sentinel Staff Thing- A wavy version of Cosmic.

Except with 10 more wis, which is OP on necro / mystic?

You’ve got 90 mp heal. Bump that up to 100 and then see what people are talking about. Mystic is my favorite class, but there’s no contest vs wizard dps at high mp heal levels.