Issues running game, x-walking by accident?

So my computer is definitely not the greatest piece of equipment, and I play on a mac, in safari, which normally runs well, and a while ago ran flawlessly without any issues. Lately I have been experiencing some issues with lag, in the form of accidental x-walking. In other words, my screen freezes and I appear somewhere else, which lately has been on top of tomb bosses, avatar, and other things that get me killed instantly. I was simply wondering if anyone knows what could be the cause of the issue, or if anyone knows any way that I could possibly stop the problem.

Thanks y’all.
-Merlin

I own a mac and until recently used safari to play rotmg. I agree that it used to be flawless, but I feel now the quality of safari and other browsers has gone down compared to the flash projector. I would consider switching to FP 18 or lower. You will have to go to system pref > security to give flash projector access.

Good Luck,
Piggiesfar

It happens to me too sometimes and I think it’s because of the amount of people there are plus the amount of bullets on screen while doing an avatar or some dungeon bosses in general, try to turn off hardware accel and all that stuff if it still doesn’t work I’ll recommend changing to flash 18 or lower to get a smoother experience :3

I can’t give any actual assistance, since I play on a PC, and on the Steam client. However, I have had moments where the game briefly freezes (only less than a second) due to a crash in frame rate. This usually is however, at avatars and or at high memory.

Hope this can help you in any way!

Use flash is the common advice for this.

When I experienced this I traced my problems - frequent one or two second pauses - to 100% disk utilisation, either because of swapping when memory is all used or because a Windows update or virus scan decided to pound the hard disk. Standalone flash seems to be immune to it for the most part but flash in a browser suffers.

Again, just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.