Item Changing

Ok so we all know that when there is a potion in your inventory, you can press the number in your inventory that it’s in and you will consume that potion. Do you guys think that we should be able to do this with items? So like if we have a Dblade in our inventory but we have an acclaim on at the moment, we could press 1 and it would switch to Dblade for the chest rather than having to double click on your mouse and by the time you get to shooting the chest you’ve missed it by like a second. Tell me if you think this would be a good idea in the comments.

I think some hacked clients have that. Maybe Deca will take over that feature as well, like health bars and projectile disables. Would be nice to not always click on the item so you can keep aiming towards the enemies.

Yeah, that’s what I think too

Pretty sure this is one of the more common ideas to avoid. What’s your addition which makes this thread unique?

This is it?

Pally use a quick key to change Seal between Oreo
And cookies

You can do this via an external program

really?

how?

Yeah it’s that but I’m wondering if Deca could add that into hotkeys or if you could tell me the program

this is just asking for a QOL change that shouldve been implemented a long time ago. It doesn’t need to be unique.

As Doc stated,

There has been solid discussions over some mechanics listed here, but I find this very basic and lacking. It would be very nice if there was a unique aspect that has never been brought up before, or a very detailed discussion/implementation of the idea, instead of just “put these into hotkeys.”

I would like to know the discussion of it, like how player delay of switching gears instantly could cause game imbalance, or how the change would affect group dynamics now that classes can access and switch UTs by a flick of the switch.

What do you mean “a very detailed discussion/implementation of the idea”? That is literally what it is, adding a single (or I guess eight) hotkey(s) to the game which do exactly that: Switch the item on the inventory slot with the corresponding equipment slot.

If you really would expect some deeper thought behind that, there probably isn’t much else. It’s a QoL change.

Only way I see how this “[…] would affect group dynamics now that classes can access and switch UTs by a flick of the switch.” is that knights might be able to do a stun/armor break combo easier. Which is rare enough for how few people have an Ogmur (and the fact that you need a high mheal pet), so I don’t really see how that would “cause imbalance”.

Most UTs that actually have special effects compared to their tiered counterparts have a cool down attached to using them (e.g. Jugg, Oreo, conflict), so being able to swap them faster to something else would have close to no effect on balance.

It’s to prevent an abuse of abilities and weapons. If I had a dbow and a cbow, switching via hotkey would make it far easier to kill gods or other things without needing to move my mouse to the item slot, etc. But with abilities this takes on a new dimension. For priest, if I had a prot and a guidance, I can now get both speedy and armor for the same time, two of the best effects in the game. Or for paladin, gaining that instant health increase as well as invincibility from an oreo. While it might not be applicable in the majority of cases, if hotkey switching were added it would make dungeons far easier for the more successful players.

ikr

Um…idk @Shatter know

xD

I mean if all else fails you can just […] because then it’s automatically implemented

You can easily do it with an AHK script by using an app called AutoHotKey. Currently only Windows.

https://autohotkey.com/

You can set numbers to certain places where you want your mouse to click, so can be used for quickly changing equipment/other items.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.