Item ideas that I have (no stats yet)

#NOTE: These are all just sprites that I wanted to share, with no stats (or in some cases, names) tied to them. If you feel like suggesting stats, go ahead. (im really bad at balancing)

###(no idea for a name yet)

An old dagger, with an ominous glow. Its grip is worn out and unusable, but the blade is surprisingly sharp.
Because of the lack of a grip, you would have to hold the dagger by the blade, which would most likely cause a decrease of Dex and Vit. That’s all the input I have for this one.

###Jar of Souls

A glass container filled with souls of those unfortunate enough to get trapped inside.
I don’t have a clue how this one would work, or what stats it would give.

###Trapped Soul

A bracelet made to contain souls in a bead of surprisingly tough glass.
Same situation, I don’t know what stats to give this item without it being overpowered or underpowered.

###Skull Shield

Made to resemble a human skull, possibly to intimidate enemies.
Maybe it should give daze, but again, I’m terrible with balancing and don’t know how it would play out.

Cool sprites, man! Mind if I move this to fan art?

@HappinessX
Edit:
#Sprite review thyme!
##Nameless Shiv

Very simple, almost not resembling a dagger! My bias finds lack in basic shape appeal, boi I love the color and hue.
7/10 could be improved further!
###Suggestion
I can’t imagine holding this thing! I’d say some HP reduction, or def reduction is more fitting than vit, but the important thing about ideas is what role is this weapon going to fill? Usually something that’s missing from the game, which then dictates the stats and sprite.

##Jar of Souls

Basic shape is quite appealing, and the coloring is decent. Here’s a tip; the glass bottle’s color would be slightly affected by the luminescence of the soul!
8/10 nice! I like it

###Suggestion
This looks like a poison vial. My first thought would be something that adds wisdom, but assassins don’t need wisdom, eh? Perhaps the first UT to implement fear/weaken to an enemy!

##Trapped Soul

Ah, a bracelet. I like the basic shape of the trapped soul, but I feel that the band could be thicker. MIght just be a difference in vision, though. Coloring is a little blander on this one.
6/10 There’s potential, but could use some work!

###Suggestion
Well, wisdom is getting pretty popular, so maybe a dex/att/wisdom accessory?

##Skull Shield

The basic shape is nice, and the coloring is fine, but the face looks more derpy than menacing. Perhaps try to implement more sharp/contrasting colors as well?
6/10 has potential, but could use some work!

##Suggestion
If not the new status of fear/weaken for enemies, maybe speedy for yourself? That’s something a knight, one of the slowest classes, would appreciate.

Using your advice, I edited the jar of souls. I’m horrible with shading, so i just made it brighter where the soul is closer to the glassand darker where it is farther from the glass

On the trapped soul, I added pixels on the edges of the band to make it appear thicker, and used the same shading technique as in the jar, except more pink.

Lol the skull shield looks like a power plug ;p

I love all of them personally :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.