Item Search in the Nexus (for trading)

So, in the trading server, it’s very busy and time wasting some of the time, so I thought, why not add an item search feature into Realm? Specifically in the Nexus. Note that some RotMG clients do have this, but I feel if implemented right, could drastically decrease time selling / buying and increase time actually playing the game.

Now for some ideas for this addition. You can search for the item you want and it would tell you the name of the person and how many of that item the player has. Then there would be a button named “Trade” that you could click to trade them. This trade button would have a cool-down on it so there wouldn’t be any trade spam. Another feature could be if you could disable it entirely if you wanted.

Thoughts on this idea would be amazing! Any disadvantages you can find would be very nice if you told me about them. Thanks and good day!

Wanders into Nexus with a Def

Get’s spammed with trades

Selling De… gets spammed by noobs offering 2 dexes. Wanders around realm, ok lemme find inc before closing realm.

I think that would be a great idea! I personally hate wasting time in the trade server buying equips for my chars, so this would definitely decrease the amount of time I spend trading and would give me more time to actually play.

Well it is a good idea, but would definitely need some refining once it was created.

I’d like it to be a player option to switch OFF so that if a player has no interest in selling, their items wouldn’t show up.

Leaving the option ON would indicate to the world, “make me an offer”.

Maybe we could just tag each inventory spot with “$” if we want to sell it. So if my inventory was:
paraHP (not selling),
csword (not selling),
dex ($),
dex ($),
mana (not selling),
mithril shield ($),
def ($)
people who press on the search function will see the dex x2, mshield and def, but not the items that I didn’t tag.

Or something like this. Could even stay live in the realm as well as nexus.

I’d be on par with this idea if it could be implemented into the game.
As long as bots don’t start popping up everywhere and start trade spamming, we’d be fine. (Or we could implement the off button like @Nevov mentioned.)

Definitely.

Yes, as I also said, there would be a trade cool-down + possibly there could be like a button to deny trade requests from certain people or something.

If you read the whole thing… you would know… there would be an option to disable it? + there would be a cool-down between actually being able to send a trade request using this feature.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.