I've been playing since 2011. AmA

Hello, a little background. I have played video games my entire life and throughout that I’ve played realm on and off since 2011. Recently, I stopped playing Witcher 3 and RDR2 moved back to RotMG and I’m enjoying it enough. In the ~10 years I’ve played I’ve learned how to do just about every dungeon, play every class and also been kicked out of discord raids for “crashing”.

Anywho, I have a relaxed approach to games in general and I’ve done next to no number crunching on realm for efficiency and such so AMA :slight_smile:

Realm Rewind 2021

Why did you choose that username?

lord of horses

Hello friend Dbiz,

Well way back in the old days, maybe 2007, online games were really popping off. I made an account on something that was the hotness: That’s right, I’m talking Runescape. My account name? Scragg40. That’s right, I’m talking a badass bad-guy from Redwall. You already know I got that drip. Some time passes. I make an account on another game that was some hotness. That’s right, I’m talking Roblox - way back when it was basically Lego simulator. You KNOW I got that icing. My Username? Shadowfax4. Yeah, I’m moving up in the world: I get a username with a single digit number and inspiration from another fantasy book - LOTR. As I said, I’m on a swag OD and I’m all blinged out with these usernames. Some time passes. Once again, I’m on that grind. A new hotness emerges: That’s right, I’m talking Realm of the Mad God. At this point, I’m mad hot myself and need to upgrade from being called Darq. Harnessing the power of the gods themselves, I obtain the name Shadowfax. No numbers, no xXgamerXx, 100% straight Ellen DeGeneres levels of unobtanium.

That’s pretty much how.

why did you make an ama thread

I went from light blue star to yellow star in ~2 weeks after a 5 year break. AMA

Hello friend RareMeat,

You may have previously read about how I obtained my username (Read about it here if you haven’t already). Well, as the story goes, I continued to play RotMG over the years, on and off again, until this very day. In some of the time between, I played other games (ever heard of Minecraft? or TF2?) and did other things (you should try rock climbing, it’s a load of fun). Wow what a time, right? Well, anyways, it turns out that I like to unwind by playing RotMG and since I started to get back into it I thought I would join in on the forums. Those forums, as you may or may not know, are the very same ones we are in right now! What a coincidence - it wasn’t planned. (A.N. I might have had a WS forum account but I can’t remember - I know I browsed it at least). After a little while of being active on these forums, I saw a few posts of accounts of varying ages making AMA’s. Well golly if I didn’t want to join in.

That’s pretty much how.

dou love rotmg

Hello friend NIGO,

You may have previously read about why I decided to make an AMA post on this forum (Read about it here if you haven’t already). Well, as that story goes, I joined this forum because I was increasingly active in-game. Yes, I was going deep, getting fat whites, and cooking up pet food left and right. Before they gave constructs a purpose, I was the true machine in realm. I don’t really like to sit in discords all day, though I have used them in the past. Despite not being max efficiency, I still enjoy pressing spacebar to win the game and log most days. If by love you mean commitment, then I guess so. Love, though, is a word reserved for what we give unconditionally: To love with condition, is not really love at all. And Realm is something that I play on the condition of me liking it.

That’s pretty much how.

Why am I laughing?

Hello friend KiddiKong,

You may have previously read about my love (or like) for the game known as RotMG (Read about it here if you haven’t already). Funnily enough, you may be laughing at any number of things. I can possibly parse it down to basic term: What is laughter? While some may claim it’s the sound everyone makes when I walk into a room, in actuality it is a concept much more astounding. Laughter is a physical and communicative response to an environment. But you know that already, I’m sure. I’d say it’s a safe wager that you’re far more interested in where laughter comes from. Well that’s a funny question you asked! Everyone knows laughter comes from the laugh factory and is packaged into laugh boxes before being shipped out. It’s made by master-laughers who use their burly arms to mix the giant vats of pure liquid laughter.

That’s pretty much how.

Hello friend Shadowfax,

You may have previously replied to fellow friends on the realmeye forums regarding the topic of your AMA. (Read about it here, if you’re unable to find it). This is your friend Kalitaio, ubiquitously otherwise known as HeyItsWii, Kalightortaio, WiiLikeToPlay2, or Krishna Kokatay. It has been some time since we have last spoken like this, and I can only wish you well. I would wish you other things, but due to the constraints of our previous contracts, I am limited to wishing you only well. That being said, I must ask you a question. If I did not, what wayward direction would this AMA take? What of my reputation? Our very friendship? Nay, it is with my most sincere curiosity, that I ask you this; what classes do you main in Team Fortress 2? As a fellow connoisseur of the arts, my specialties lie in the forms of Soldier, Spy, and Sniper, in that order. Though I must say, I verily enjoy all available classes in that sport. I do hope that we can continue this correspondence, and potentially even make battle like men, in these frivolous games. As always, I shall part with words of wisdom. Signed, cordially, your friend. Kalitaio.

“Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell”

give this man a medal :trophy:
thread of the year :1st_place_medal:

the elites dont want you to know this but if you are friendless then posting a question in this thread can get you a friend, this was done with careful scientific research starting from the derivation of the conclusion that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell, therefore the inner mechanations of my mind are an enigma and you have wasted your time reading this message.
wtf am i on

Hello friend Shadowfax,

You may have previously made an AMA thread. Do you know the origin of the word AMA? I did not until the Fourth Day of the Seventh Month 2018 A.D, that most glorious of days. I wondered as to the origin of the word, so I dived into indeed the foulest cesspit I had ever encountered - the World Wide Web. To my surprise, it was not an acronym for Ask Me Anything as I had assumed. Rather,

this website

confirmed it meant “A Japanese Diver, Especially for Pearls or Food”.

I wish you luck in your diving for pearls and food, regardless of its relavence to your playing of an unspecified item since 2011.

Everyone has, cousciously or not, a goal to achieve, be it long-term or short-term, when they play. What goal do you have? What do you expect to get from playing?

Best trade youve ever done pre-UT soulbounding?

You’re pretty cool. What is the best part of 2011 RotMG that you wish was still around? Also, can we be friends?

What do you think of the state of the game right now? What do you think of the shift from flash to Unity? Personally, I’ve only been playing for a little bit, but I think that the support from the developers for a game this old is pretty remarkable.

:blush:

Am I your friend?