Jade and Garnet Lyre Bows

The Jade and Garnet statues of the Realm just simply aren’t always worth fighting. A few untiered bows could fix that.

###JADE LYRE

Once used to quell the restless spirits of the forest, the Jade Lyre contains natural power immense enough to vanquish any evils that dare disrupt the natural order.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Shots: 2
  • Damage: 35-105 (Average: 75)
  • Range: 7.5
  • Amplitude: 0.4
  • Frequency: 1.5
  • Stat Bonus: +4 DEF, -6 ATK
  • Fame Bonus: 3%
  • Feed Power: 450

####Drops From:

• Jade Statue

###GARNET LYRE

Originally crafted to calm the restless souls of the earth, the Garnet Lyre is said to harness natural power profound enough to fend off any evils that seep into the beauty of nature.

####Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • Shots: 1
  • Damage: 130-140 (Average: 135)
  • Range: 6
  • Amplitude: 1.1
  • Frequency: 1.5
  • Stat Bonus: +4 ATK, -6 DEF
  • Fame Bonus: 3%
  • Feed Power: 450

####Drops From:

• Garnet Statue

####More info
These UT drops not only provide some incentive to combat the Jade and Garnet Statues, but would offer two bows that favor two different play-styles. With projectile movement very similar to that of a staff, the Jade and Garnet Lyres have favorable DPS potential without the disadvantage of a true range.

The Jade Lyre would favor a safer play-style, allowing bow classes to reach higher def (max of 55 fully equipped) while still providing decent DPS at a long range. The drawback is the reduction in atk, which is not a significant drawback given the archer’s high atk cap.

The Garnet Lyre would favor a more offensive play-style, giving bow classes a bolster to already high atk in addition to its significant true-range. The total range is lower than the Jade Lyre’s (by 1.5 tiles/an entire sinusoidal unit), has a shorter overall range but longer true-range of any tiered bow. The higher damage and atk bonus are in balance with a def reduction and a high amplitude that makes aim difficult in areas with large crowds of enemies.

The primary purpose of both lyres is to provide greater variety to the bow class with something unique that doesn’t warrant an entirely new dungeon/boss/quest.

Sprites have been corrected

needs more shading

and less 16x16 (14x14)

FTFY

Alright, it’s review time!
##Sprite review
N/a, until 8x8 is available
##Idea review

1. Jade Lyre
    Lower power, but increased defense. I think there’s some merit to the defensive playstyle, but the increased true range bothers me for balancing purposes. To be fair, it is lower than covert and Cbow, so it might not be too bad.
    7/10 Interesting idea, I’m mainly worried about the balance
  2. Garnet Lyre
    Isn’t this a direct upgrade to Cbow? Cbow is a “bad” UT to begin with… Being more of an upgrade than a sidegrade to the tiered… This one is even less affected by defense, and has a higher true range! Do you have any situations which this bow is used compared to Cbow and vice versa? Until then, I find the Idea to be lacking…
    1.5 /10 You might want to restart from scratch

These are pretty decent sprites. But balancing wise, I think you need a little more drastic change than 2 and 4 of Attack and Defense. A difference of 1-4 of a stat isn’t all that much. The Garnet Lyre is pretty superior in my opinion.

Just because you added this disclaimer doesn’t get you off the hook. You should try to condense what you have there into 8x8 sprites. I still like the designs though.

Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile:

I’ve made some corrections in the stats and I’ve altered Garnet bow to be a 1-shot bow with a relatively large amplitude. I’m interested in any further feedback of yours :slight_smile:

Love the new G-statue shots. Harder to aim, yet potentially devastating for mob-clearing. DPS is lower than CBow, but has a higher true range.

You know what’ll turn these into 10/10 ideas? Besides making the sprite 8x8, turn the projectiles to random musical notes. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.