Jade Prisms (UT) - Low movement speed and cheap teleports

These fragments from the remains of the jade statue are shaped like prisms. Having to hold all three makes it impossible to run.

Stats
Effect: Teleport to cursor (no decoy)
Mp cost: 40
Stat bonus: 7 att, 10 def, -40 spd
Fame bonus: 5%
Feed power: 700

Drops from
The jade statue in a white bag.

More info

The other UT prisms focus on decoys but this one encourages you to make full use of the teleport. Here’s an explanation of the stats.

-40 spd: The speed penalty leaves you with only 35 speed which makes it difficult to keep up with other players and to dodge attacks.
40 mp teleport: The cheap teleports complement the low speed by giving you an alternative way to get around.
7 att, 10 def: The attack and defense reward the player for adapting to a different style of play.

Changes
Made stats less extreme (10 att, 14 def, -50 spd, mp cost = 30) -> (7 att, 10 def, -40 spd, mp cost = 40)

there’s something called

#quiet

What happens when you have negative spd? Hmmmm

Yes, you’ll want to dodge quiet. But 25 speed is similar to many unpotted level 20 classes so getting quieted isn’t too bad.

It’s difficult to say what would happen if this was used on a level 1. When the oreo/indomptible made negative defense possible it caused you to take more damage than having 0 defense.

Having 0 speed moves you at 4 tiles per second so maybe it just makes you even slower.

A bit to heavy on each stat. But the concept is cool

The correct formula for Tiles Per Second is 4 + 5.6 * (SPD/75), so with a Level 1 Trickster having a SPD stat of 12, we take -38 for the formula, leading to -38 / 75 = ~ -0.5; * 5.6 = ~2.8, so you’d move at a disgustingly slow 1.2 tiles per second.

The slowest you can get is -17 Speed, after that (-18 and lower), your speed stat becomes as high as it can get (2147483647). You will become uncontrollably fast. There’s a catch tho, you will move as if you were confused (not literally).
Up = Down | Down = Up | Left = Right | Right = Left.

Woah!!! Thanks for the advice!!! These other people just had no idea what they were talking about!!! I’ll belive you over them!!! THANKS SENPAI-WHITESTAR!!!11111111!one!!!

Idk if sarcasm or not. However, I know this because I’ve tried it on a localhost priv server. (Shit server that u use to test shit on.) And since this is no new stuff, it hasnt changed in prod either. They very rarely make changes to stats. And why bother fixing negative stats when you can’t achieve those negative stats anyways?

Wait, you don’t get maximum speed at -18, thats what happens with Dexterity. Think of -17,5 as 0.

-25 -24 -23 -22 -21 -20 -19 -18 -17 -16 -15 -14 -13 -12 -11 -10
      |   I   I   I   I   |   I   I   I   I   |   I   I   I   I   |

Reverse Slow | Slow Normal
-17 = Slowest Normal Movement.
-18 = Slowest Reverse Movement.

After this, the lower you get, the faster you get.

Thanks, that’s pretty interesting. It turns out those servers aren’t all bad. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.