Just a whole lotta polls

look at the chads who just pick a random character :flushed::flushed:

If I was still stuck at an uncommon pet and couldn’t max characters, then I’d try to optimize my class selection for each given scenario. But since I have a maxed legendary pet and maxed characters, the class I select is going to have very little impact on how efficiently I farm the godlands and associated dungeons.

So I just use whatever I’m most interested in playing with at that given time.

Gamma's Art Dump

In approximately six hours, DBiz and I will be participating in a 1v1 RotMG survival duel. We will be pitted together in a Secluded Thicket. Whoever survives for the longest will be declared the winner.

Additional Rules:

• The characters used must both be Level 1 Wizards.
  • No pets.

Who do you think will win?

• RogueGamma
  • DBiz

0 voters

So, what was the result?

• Buy Minecraft
  • Play cracked Minecraft

0 voters

DBiz won. I died in around five seconds, tanking one of the larger projectiles. Forum post link.

How do you deal with your characters’ demises?

• Temporary taking a break for certain duration of time (or even permanently quit the game if too devastating).
  • Shrug it off and keep playing as if nothing happened.
  • Depends.
  • No opinion.
  • Stop. Just stop.
  • Multiple
  • Your own way (comment plox).

0 voters

I don’t take a break, I just die inside a little and then die on the rest of my decent characters

That sounds like cluster suicides. That really remind me my bad MotMG moments.

they’re not suicides, I just play A LOT worse when I’m frustrated

That can happen sometime. It’s like when you panic/frustrated, you tend to perform worse than before.

I like to think of deaths as opportunities to try things I’ve always wanted to do. For example, if I die on an Archer, maybe it’s time to shake things up and boot up a Paladin. If I ever lack the gear or pots to make another powerful character, I’d use the blank character slot for a PPE, play a little, and essentially try to water down the pain. I found that instantly dropping the game makes me think about the death a lot and thus feel more frustrated.

Not relevant in this case as “Life” is a synecdoche, “Potion of Life” is the actual item and in that case “potions” would be the plural word.

Now for robe choice…

• Robe of the Grand Sorcerer: Classic choice, all round
  • Shendyt of Geb: HP bonus, +7 Vit for OoC, pairs well with Ring of Geb for +5 Speed and another +25 HP/MP (and +5 Vit too).
  • Tlatoani’s Shroud: Giving as much stats as UBMP/Wis but no defence. Pair this with either UBMP/UBWis… god tiered crowd-control.
  • Something else.
  • No opinion
  • Unsure.

0 voters

Since you say this will be a godlands specific sorcerer, might as well go with the shroud. It’s not like the gods will do that much damage when you practically oneshot them.

When a character dies, it depends on how attached I was to the character. If it was one I didn’t care about, then I’ll just laugh it off with friends and keep playing. If it was one I did care about (ppe, long-lived character, etc.) then I immediately make a new character to replace it, level it up, equip it and all that. It helps me get excited for a new character, and gets me going after defeat.

For the most part I just shrug off the death or, if the character had died with equipment I’d have no backup for, I’d take a small break (~day) then come back refreshed the next day.

But, if it was one of these 4 characters…

…I mean, they have been my longest surviving characters and I’ve chosen these 4 to appear in my stories as well as drawn them. They’ve become more than just pixels at this point, emotionally wise, so losing any one of them would probably make me quit for a good while.

Or, knowing me, I’d make the character again, get the same dyes and pretend they were saved from the clutches of death but lost all their equipment in the process. Either way, hope that day never happens :s

Do you find polls weirdly fun?

• ye
  • nuh

0 voters

should @Seelpit change her pfp to

get it? It’s a pit of seals

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I tend to start a short ppe on the class I died on. They let me play without any fear of losing equipment I’ll need to re-grind, give me back a bit of nostalgia, let me check out the earlygame (which has become much more bearable with the increased max XP from quests), and - if I’m on a bow class - play with the Bramble Bow!
I like the Bramble Bow. It’s fun.