Just a whole lotta polls

A space before or no space before a “:” ?

• [word]: [word]
  • [word] : [word]

0 voters

I’ve seen both used on the internet, and i am not quite sure which is the right one.

I would put it right after the word, just like commas and periods

I can’t say I’m too familiar with the [word] : [word] usage, I always put it right after the word.

What psychopath puts a space before the :

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a space before the : for things other than ratios (which often use no spaces at all).

Problems with the current meta, and potential solutions

How should tiered rings get rebalanced?

0 voters

Meant to say “Mixed thought”…

Remove UB rings from o3 drop table

One of the hugely debated topic:

Do large group Discord raids destroyed the game or rejuvenated it? Yo @NoxNovus, this is your time to vote!

• Large group Discord raids demolished RotMG, they saps the very soul out of the game. It alienated one group of player-base from another.
  • Large group Discord raids rejuvenated the game, they brought us together. It’s so much easier to be in large group.
  • Your own opinion/something else.
  • No opinion.
  • Mixed opinions.
  • Stop. Just stop.

0 voters

my opinion of discord is they make u sit quietly while boosting your character above your actual skill level, causing u to burn out faster since everything will get steamrolled.

no discord ppe is IMO the most fun way to play the game

You were in those Discord groups b4?

Remember, I do not want to group all Discord raids as one. There are small ones too.

Before max a character, what HP roll do you expect for when reaching to level 20? By at least what roll?

• -10 or lower
  • -10 to -5
  • -5 to 0
  • 0 to +5
  • +5 to +10
  • +10 to +15
  • +15 or higher
  • I just max Life regardless good or bad roll.
  • No opinion.
  • Unsure.
  • Something else.
  • No. Shut up.

0 voters

For me, I look for at least -5 HP roll or higher. Anything lower than -5 (say -6 or lower), I’m killing the character immediately.

I know it’s menial of me, Sakura, but would you mind dropping the negative “Stop/Shut up/y r u doing this” options from your polls? It gives off a negative connotation, and it’s just needles extra clutter at this point. If we don’t care to vote for your topics, we won’t do so.

Ok boss. Promise won’t do that in the next poll.

Let me preface this by saying that I am a raid leader in the fungal server and heo in the pub halls server, so there certainly is some bias coming from me.

Text Wall

As I voted, I have mixed opinions on this. I truly love the way that it brought the community together, after all, it is a multiplayer game, to tackle dungeons we may not be able to complete otherwise.

And there’s the issue, right there.

As Shotghost said, they boost your character above your actual skill level. I completely agree with this. Of course, some of it could be on the development end, creating content designed to be attempted in an organized group, but I will steer away from that. These servers do in fact give so many people easy access to loot they simply are not good enough to deserve. I found that I died extremely frequently, when all I did was farm a character up to the reqs of the servers to access the dungeons. I realized, that I am not a player who should be tackling those dungeons, and took a step back and now I spend most of my time in the midgame, farming potions in godlands and doing dungeons from event gods. And I enjoy it more.
I believe that while it is great that the servers want to make these dungeons accessible, we make them too accessible. There are frequently so many blue stars in the raids, who simply are not good enough to be there. Heck, in raids like halls or Sanct, I’m not good enough to be there. I don’t mean to throw shit at blue stars, but they simply do not have a place in those dungeons, unless they are, for say, an alt account of an experienced player. They are new players, just starting out, who probably heard about the servers, “Easy access to endgame items!” and then their goal was to meet the server’s reqs, to be able to do the dungeon, and skipping over so much of the content in the game.
Long ago, I held a grudge against the halls server when they were raising reqs higher and higher (I remember when it was 9/3/9/3 and 0/8) until this motmg, when I realized that they are doing the right thing. They are weeding out the people who should spend more time in the rest of the game (i.e. me) and only keeping people who deserve to be there. (On that note I did propose a change to the server to divide into a cult section and void section, with qualification reqs to verify, not based on stats/gear, and it would exclude me, the writer, but that idea fell through) But the reqs are still rather easy to meet now, especially if you have people giving you a leg up.
And running these dungeons, over and over, people feel entitled to the loot. You hear so much complaining about “i did x runs and no y,” especially when x isn’t even that many runs. People feel like its a chore to do these dungeons with the servers.
Also, if you are just running these listening to the leaders, you don’t actually learn too much about how the phases work. You will need to hear the calls. I will talk more about this next paragraph

That’s all I will say for negativity. Don’t worry I have less to say positive for the servers.
These servers truly brought people together. I’m friendly with a great many people that I never would’ve made a connection with if it wasn’t for the servers.
Now onto the argument about dungeons. As I said earlier, we as servers give access to these endgame dungeons. I do think that is a good thing. It can be very hard to just go into a realm, and find a group that is willing-and capable-to tackle these dungeons when an event god drops them.
You don’t get that with the servers. Almost all the time, even if the people are still learning the dungeon, they have someone watching over them, telling them what to do and what not to do. While this is great when you are just learning the dungeon, most people will learn to only be reliant on the calls, and are completely lost without them. But this is also an opportunity for people to listen to what the leader says, and instead of blindly following, thinking about what the actual danger is, learning what to be careful of and why. Of course, it doesn’t replace straight up going in on your own, no experience, in order to learn, but it is a decent alternative. I’ve found that after only a few fungals (5ish) I had been listening to the calls, and I felt confident in my own ability to lead. And as I lead more and raided with other leaders, I got much better at doing the dungeon in general. I am quite confident doing a fungal with a very small amount of people now, and I have to credit the server for this.

Also, these servers do provide access to the dungeons (I said this earlier, different path now) You may be looking at a lot of players who have the skill to do this dungeons, but simply do not have a way to access them, unless they buy keys. Doing a public run from the event, you have a risk of being with few other people, most are probably not as confident as you, and may unknowingly make a mistake that screws up the whole dungeon. The servers are extremely helpful for people like this. “I am confident in my ability to do the dungeon, I want to try to earn the loot, but I simply don’t have a consistent way to access the dungeon.” Enter discord servers: the solution to your accessibility issue. There will very frequently be a run up, and you can join in, with an organized group, with faith that the run won’t be screwed up by a careless mistake, especially if there is someone watching out should someone make a mistake, and you can earn the loot you should be able to earn, as someone who has the skills to do the dungeon (flipside, I already mentioned: people who shouldn’t be able to earn that loot can.)

TLDR:
The accessibility that Discord servers give is great because it gives more skilled players a chance to earn the loot they are skilled enough to have a chance at but it is also bad because it allows people who don’t deserve that loot because they aren’t good enough access to it.

discord servers for endgame dungeons were a good idea in concept, but they’ve become too good. But like you say, they allow players to come together to attempt the endgame dungeons of their choice. Imo this is due to guilds being inconvenient to use as a method of garnering enough people (for the average player, if you’re in a super active guild that’s great!) and also due to a lack of a party system in game. When it’s this difficult to talk to multiple people at once outside of the guild and organise things internally within the game, then it’s hardly surprising that discord servers formed.

The purpose of Deca implementing Vital Combat is to render the Discord run less efficient than before, meaning it encourage small/solo gameplay especially for endgame dungeons.

But… should we incentivize solo gameplay by increasing the white/red/ST set droprate dramatically or even guarantee per successful solo on an endgame dungeon? Meaning all the damage to bosses must be done either by you or/and your pet to qualify such thing.

For Shatters as example, if successfully soloed the entire, there is a high chance (like 10 times higher) of getting at least 1 ST/White from that respective dungeon (but not all 3 whites from one run).

• Yes
  • No
  • Mixed thoughts.
  • No opinion
  • Unsure
  • Something else

0 voters

yup all the time. its why i quit the last time i played, everything seemed so easy…

blue stars with 400 omni 0-0

It was? I don’t really know the details about the update, so it’s definitely possible that I’m wrong, but I don’t see how Vital Combat supports solo gameplay. I thought it was just a plain pet nerf.

So you want to give a guaranteed white bag for every solo run? Solo Shatts runs are completed countless times every day, and you want to shrink the Crown rate from 1/400 to something like 1/3? That’s a hard no from me.

RotMG’s a co-op game. If a player wants to deviate from that gameplay and go for a solo run, nothing’s stopping them. But they shouldn’t be expecting an increase in drop rates just because they prove themselves of having big scrotums. In games like this where teaming is key, solo is often only for the challenge, and perhaps the mere status, and I’m content with it staying so.

And no, that’s not an excuse for making a massive DPS wall to make soloing either extremely difficult or simply impossible. I’m hoping DECA can find a way to implement dungeons that feature great difficulty without using damage as such a huge factor. But my answer to dramatically increase drop rates so much to the point where a single Shatts solo can nearly guarantee a Crown? Terrible idea.

Yes, that was one of their hopes. It was targeting the ridiculous face tanking, which it partially resolved, but people simply wisened up or suffered. I think that mostly the former holds true from what limited information I’ve gathered. Lowering the dungeon cap was probably the most limiting factor I’ve seen for Discord runs to this point.

I’m not sure there’s any good way to limit them much further beyond eradicating keys, which, ironically, would probably encourage more coordination and runs just to find the dungeons. O3 helps show the determination of the community.

It was that too, it was just specifically made in a way that hurt discord raids normal behavior by requiring them to dodge, the real attack on discord raids was the exponential HP scaling that made raiding significantly less efficient (though it still is)