Just a whole lotta polls

I wont forget all those shaitans during encore events

He tries, he tries…
if you support him maybe some day he gets powerful and thanks you for always recognizing his potential, what about that?

Craig is unwittingly the bad guy, but a bad guy nonetheless.

Also we should be glad Oryx hasn’t thought to let Craig do combat, because it takes 7 necromantic masters, each of a different element, to bind a soul to a statue when the soul and statue are right next to each other. Craig, however, single-handedly bound several souls to several statues at the same time when the souls and statues were realms apart, thus Craig is easily the most powerful character in RotMG

then we’ll kill him and loot his corpse :money_mouth_face:

• We’re the villains in the game
  • We’re not the villains in the game

0 voters

it’s all a matter of persective honestly. but as a person of the nexus i vote that we’re the good guys. Sure, people like scott got their lives ruined by the adventurers, but oryx is a tyrant and kills tons of people and we also fight and kill the void entity, who is undeniably bad. Even though we kill the bridge guardian and marble defender, who try to turn us back for our own good, it’s their fault for underestimating our powers time after time after time

I rescind my previous statement. after thinking about what i said i realize the nexus could be bad too. We kill hobbits just trying to chill and destroy ogre royal families. it’s not good. There are sides in a conflict, and neither side is good nor bad, it’s all a matter of perspective. Is china bad? if you live in hong kong, yes, but if you’re a citizen in china enjoying its epic public transportation and good schools you will disagree. Is the USA bad? you could say that, they stick their nose into everything. but freedom is good and the us is epic if you live there. The same applies to Oryx and the Nexus, [spoiler], oryx is just trying to chill out and enjoy his wine, he’d rather not deal with a bunch of stoopid adventurers. The only thing that’s bad could arguably be the Void Entity, who hates everyone, but still that’s a matter of perspective

Rant over

Thanks for spoiling.

He a goode boy :3

perhasp your a highclass slav or not a slav at all but pizdec and blyat are both used as insults

well for one they are of course not actual words and merely slang so their meanings are already quite loose

blyat more so then pizdec but its like this

blyat is used as a multi tool for many things ive seen many scream it and similar things into peoples face as insult

slavic insults are very general and most words are used in a wide range of things

like for instance go find a bar in russia and yell pizdec or bylat into their face and see what happens if you want to know what kind of insult it is

its like pichat in my language merely yelling it someone in an insult because its expressing anger and disgust towards that person

я русский.
I’ve never heard anyone use pizdec as a direct insult, maybe only indirectly, like "pizdec… you’re such a :no_mouth: "
Blyat is used ay more as an exclamation when something bad happens, i can’t even see it being used as an insult in any way.

If i went to a bar in russia and yelled BLYAT PIZDEC in someone’s face, their reaction would be negative only because of the fact that i yelled something in their face, the actual phrase BLYAT PIZDEC doesn’t mean anything negative towards an individual, it can’t even really be directed towards anyone.

edit: i consulted my other slav friend about this here’s what he has to say

I can agree to this part

I think you are greatly under estimating what it takes for a russian to start a fight or argument

and how incomprehensible slavic swearing in general becomes

You walk into club someone bumps you hard on purpose you turn BLYAT or PIZDEC, they will know

ty blyat, ty pizdec. I mean the integrity of Russian insults is properly lacking in its logic

I mean ive seen people use far less rude words as insults such as simply

Ive seen someone scream “ты козел блять”

I can agree its not as much as an insult as dirty whore but Ive seen it used in insult form and it wouldent be very hard to use many things as an insult in Russian really

“ты козёл блять”
the blyat here doesn’t do anything on its own, it kinda powers up the initial insult whic is козёл. (this isn’t to say that “ты козёл” is equal “ты козёл блять”, it’s just that blyat doesn’t add any meaning)

literally no one says that ever, idk what else to say
Don’t confuse блядь and блять though

Let’s also break down your “club” scenario
-someone bumps me really hard
-i yell BLYAT
It’s not used as an insult here, more of a reaction to a sudden bump.

Alcohol, thats pretty much all that needs to be said to that

sure sober and rich people in saint petersburg probably wouldn’t say that and I wont that deny either

also lets observe how widely spoken russian is spoken in eastern europe and asia

I already agreed its not a direct insult, but if you go to real non tourist club and slam into someone on purpose then they yell blyat into your face, congratulations you just started a fight

now agreeing with it not being a direct insult I turn to this

pichat is like blyat

you dont scream into someones face if you dont want trouble, thats just how it is

and definitely dont scream blyat or pizdec into their face if you arent looking for trouble

so in that fashion it becomes an insult very easily leading to a fight

No one in all history of all russian drunk fighting videos has never said “ты блять.” i’m 100% sure.
You’re saying pichat is like blyat, but also that saying it in someone’s face will get you in trouble.
Blyat just doesn’t work like that, i can assure you as a person who was born and still lives in russia.
Saying(screaming) pizdec/blyat in someone’s face will only maybe provoke a “???” reaction and a laugh (depends on the person of course, but these words on their own carry literally no offensive meaning towards an individual)
The only example of Pizdec being used as an insult is when someone does something really stupid, and you say “ну ты пиздец конечно…”. This only makes sense in russian, even its english translation makes no sense, and you have to go pretty far from Pizdec’s original meaning to even say that, but at least people do use it like that.

czech here btw, Russian is very popular here and so is blyat which is used just as pichat

we use russian as slang and so does all of eastern europe and a lot of central asia

Russian is a diluted language like english and Spanish because its spread its tentacles across such a landmass with the soviet and russian empires, especially with the internet and media russian and english have taken quite a beating when it comes to how their slang is used

are you saying if you go the bad part of Volgograd into a bar at night and yell blyat in someones face you would walk out of that bar unharmed because that is flase

So we agree for the second time that it is not a direct insult

“only make sense in russian” please

Pizdecs original meaning huh, it already has no meaning its complete nonsense swearing

I think you are being far too conservative with the Russian language where in reality its the very opposite

I mean its spoken in abundance from Kazakhstan to my country, czech republic

expect variations and large ones from that

Pizdec and blyat are already slang what do you think happens to them outside of russia

Also i should include the original poll was really more of a czech thing as which I think is something to bring up here as it makes everything make much more sense

Well yeah if russian language is gonna be mixed with another language then who knows what might happen, i’m just saying that here in russia, russians who speak russian russian, which is true russian (because it’s russia, it’s called after it), don’t use blyat as a direct insult, as in to mean that someone is a blyat, no one can be a blyat, it just doesn’t make sense.

The actual phrase wouldn’t be the cause of my getting my ass whooped, if you take alcohol out of the equation everyone’s gonna be okay. You can say “привет” to someone who’s drunk as shit and there’s a possibility of them trying to murder you.
I’m sure if you consult any other well versed russian person, they’ll say the same thing.

yeah thats why I included this before it got too far out

“homoklada” “kurva” “pichat” it was a czech swear poll really

Russian russian, does this include the 85% of landmass of russia that is not indegeoous to slavs and have their own native languages

Since when did russians need alcohol to kill someone or each other?

No alcohol in the equation you walk into any bad bar point at someone then yell blyat into their face, 100% chance you will be harmed

what are they going to ask you to politely leave?

its vulgar enough and carries enough anger in it to guarantee a fight

Ok so you’re saying that every russian goes ape shit when you yell blyat in their face, that’s just plain wrong, i say that as a person who is located in russia at this very moment in time.
when i say Russian russian i mean the russian spoken in cities like moscow, saint-petersburg, etc…
So here’s the conclusion because frankly i’m just tired of you trying to outrussian me.

In Czechia, the word blyat is used as a direct insult. (i have no other sources than you so idk but that’s what i got from you)

In Russia, no one ever uses the word blyat as a direct insult, saying that “he is a blyat” makes 0 sense.

trust me id never want to outrussian anyone

well no of course not every russian that is why i specified bad areas

Its enough to start a fight yeah, not in prague and bourgeoisie areas of course

well then we agree for the third time

but to say yelling it at a thug in Volgograd will end without violence just i mean simply is not true

it carries enough weight to get you into a fight is what im saying so it can be considered an indirect insult really

of course the safest places on earth, well perhaps visit Volgograd and conduct an experiment

Hello vs blyat at night and see what the reactions of people are