Just put bard on flash

this actually seems like something worth complaining about for the people who could play on “mom’s 2012 mac book air” because that would mean they’re having something they’re used to having being actively taken away from them. having the game straight-up becoming more restrictive isn’t necessarily a good thing, and it certainly doesn’t help that one of the things unity most prominently boasted for well over a year was better performance.

This hits the nail on the head.

“Exalt will be a lot better in terms of performance!.. at the cost of you needing to upgrade your hardware”
Like, exalt was so hyped up because of better optimization and such, but you need to upgrade now? People who have potatoes shouldn’t be told “just upgrade lol”. Not everyone owns a high-end PC. I’m fortunate enough to own a really really high end PC, but that doesn’t matter because not everyone owns one.

The only situation where you would likely be unable to run Exalt at all but were able to run the Flash client and would need to actually upgrade to better hardware would be if your computer was like from the age of the dinosaurs. I’m going to stick with that exaggeration because that’s just only a little bit over the level of exaggeration going on in this thread.

You’ll probably want to upgrade your PC at that point just because you’ll likely find that useful in many other aspects than just video games, given how computer-oriented this current day and age is, and it will honestly be really cheap to get an upgrade from that. I’d estimate you wouldn’t need to go over $500 USD, much less than that most likely, and it’s an investment for the future especially given honestly at that age, parts like your HDD will start failing.

Now that that’s over with, I can say that Exalt’s performance could be improved such that it just runs better/performance bugs are fixed and there would be less and less cases where Flash performs better than Exalt. Flash client shouldn’t be performing better than Exalt other than potentially on absolute old toaster PCs (for that, read above), so it’s really up to whether or not Deca actually cares to stick to their promises.

With used stuff you can even get around way cheaper atleast if you know what your doing.

Maybe because people still use flash and may not be able to switch right now?

First of all, I spent my own money to get this laptop, second this laptop is 2015 which I literally stated how old my laptop is. I am sorry that you didn’t finish elementary school. I don’t think hardware 5 years old is considered old but keep spouting your nonsense at me. Also not everyone has the option of having the best hardware especially since this is a 2D pixel game. Shows you how much of a spoiled child you are. I honestly feel bad for you and the people who liked your comment.

My internet is perfectly fine. I am able to run other games other then exalt.

True but as of right now, flash is better then exalt. it feels like a downgraded but its better then nothing since flash will eventually die in December.

Nicely put.

I have no issues running exalt personally aside from relatively infrequent disconnects, but I don’t see why bard has to be exclusive to it in it’s current state. If bard’s launch was simultaneous with exalt’s full release out of beta, it’d make more sense to me, but separating the two feels weird still. The only real reason I can think of is the parrot ut that has already been mentioned, because holy shit that’s a lot of particle effects.

Exalt also needs more optimization, or better defined minimum specs at least, given the devs mentioned they overstated them for the beta. I’m not suprised to hear that the game doesn’t work for some players, given flash works on about anything due to it’s age. I’m also not expecting it to work for some of these users even after optimization patches are done, because unity takes more power to run then flash.

Depending on how expensive said laptop was the hardware inside could be dating from years before then. My laptop that I had back in 2013-2014 couldn’t run AAA games releasing that same year at a playable framerate because it was cheap and using outdated hardware so it could be cheap. (about 300-400$, can’t remember exactly.)

I think he’s just exaggerating what components one needs to play exalt comfortably- after all, I can play perfectly fine on my craptop

Forcing people to switch when something is not ready or adding things when they are not fully prepared, finish, or good to go is something that I wouldn’t be surprised

if Deca did(However, Deca really helped keep ROTMG alive following Kabam and no one can deny that.).

Wait you don’t play realm 24/7 even when you have to go to schooling/work? smh not a real realmer

/s

I wasn’t intending to be salty. I just want people to stop instantly hopping aboard the “blame deca” train the moment they have any problems with Exalt. It’s a beta. It’s not supposed to be perfect. Deca is trying to do some great things for our game and we just have to give it time. Exalt will be great. The best way to help improve the game is by providing specific feedback on things that isn’t just the general “i dced from game so deca bad.”

This is a bad take and is worded very aggressively. I have a 1 year old PC that I use and have the same issue as OP so I don’t think the fault is entirely in the hardware, and even if it was, that’s no reason to be so abrasive in your reply. I really can’t fathom telling someone that they need to upgrade to the newest and greatest gaming computer in order to play an 8-bit flash game.

While I agree that wired > wireless, you’ve got to understand not everyone can drill holes in their walls to pass the cable through, especially if you’re renting. You could at least have suggested PowerLine in this instance.

Not necessarily. If you want to future-proof your cabling, you’d have to go with Cat 6a cable, which is ungodly expensive, even by the meter. Plus, you’re forgetting crimping pliers(my ProsKit ones did cost me 16€).

Oh! But wait! If you need to drill holes you’ll also need a drill!

also…

No, that was not your reason as to why you made your original post. The reason why you made your post was because you were “tired of these complaints” about exalt. I know this because you literally stated this in your first reply…

Hate to break it to you but that’s what people do when something is released. Either it be a game, an episode, book etc. Its a thing called criticism. It doesn’t matter how new or old something is. Just about everything deserves criticism. Once something is released to the public’s hands, people criticize any issues it has so it can be improved.

Nothing is, never said it would be.

Agreed

I never criticize deca at all. Go read my original post. I never even said I dced from the game. (Unless you were talking about the replies and not my original post)

I never critize DECA! I only critize exalt.

Exalt is great imo. Very easy to switch between traditional rotmg and exalt on steam with a few clicks. ONLY problem I have with exalt are the dungeon disconnects. I find myself running a full dungeon only to rubber band and DC at boss.

Maybe you should critize your CPU for being low spec?
We are on 2020…

Deca must abandon flash at some point. When that happens people won’t be happy, but them doing it early isn’t a bad thing.

You cannot expect them to keep optimising the game so that it can run on 2012-2014 hardware, it’s just not feasible. Exalt has its own issues, but with more time it’ll be a much more stable platform.

1- for 5 years we all hoped to have an improvement to game client by moving from flash to unity, not a worsening.
2- if before i can play with same computer using flash why with exalt we should upgrade hardware?(do not try to say anything to my old crap because it work very well till now, i decide how to use my money not DECA).
3- if the bard and O3 are only for beta should stay in the beta testing, not production.
4- last point, if people leave this game because exalt is not lighter than flash and flash being abbandoned, nobody will be happy, not you, not community, and not DECA

The point of exalt is that it is more efficient and runs faster than flash. Deca claimed that it was possible to run Exalt on older devices, and that was part of the aim of the whole thing.

Not to mention - So many games are playable on a 2012 mac book pro including:

this is a 2d pixel game, not minecraft.

Just a few cents here.
Exalt is not complete; DECA themselves have said not to risk valuable characters on Exalt for now, as it’s still in beta. Bard, however, is not beta content; it was released as a complete class onto an incomplete client. In my opinion, it is not justifiable to lock away new features onto something that is not 100% complete, especially when the experience is way worse in playability than the alternative.
Oh, and don’t you think that the “just get a better PC lol” argument is a bit close-minded? Just because one person is able to get a good computer (those things are expensive!) doesn’t mean that other people can. It’s not fair to force people to pay more money just to be able to play the same game in the same servers except in a different client, especially if it worked flawlessly before.
I’d be all for bard being put onto flash, but at the end of the day, there are reasons to why it’s exalt exclusive. I disagree with them, but there’s nothing I can do. If further content is being made exalt exclusive, I sure hope that it will be when exalt is in a way more playable and bug/risk-free state than it currently is.