Key Buff?

Keys should give a drop-rate buff to the popper. It’ll be the equivalent of popping a clover so it can’t be stacked and will only be in effect for that dungeon. A lot of people pop in realm but then not get loot; kinda feels like a robbery. You should at least be compensated a little by having a better chance at loot considering you paid for it. The accessibility to instantly go to a valuable dungeon is in of itself a product but not if you don’t get anything. What do you guys think? Would this be too p2w?

There is also mystery keys so

Simple, I like it.

I wouldn’t say so.

What would that change from this idea?

It makes it so its not comletely p2w since you can get mystery keys from the calender
als my brain is dead

The key popping/event chest culture is argueably the worst thing about the current game and there are already enough people popping, so it doesnt really need further encouragment.

Maybe it could be made so that you only get the boost if you pop in a realm with maybe some additional mechanics to prevent this from being exploited by discord runs.

What I really want to see are some adjustments to make the whole event stuff more fair for people who don’t want to ruin their gameplay experience by standing in use2 or some terrible runs a discord vc (like pub halls event dungeons).
So my suggestion would be to make the drop rates for dungeons that dropped naturally and for dungeons that were opened in a realm (but only for the opener) higher.
/tangent

Also moved to #ideas

I doubt it’ll encourage or make any significant change to the popping culture. You can gain the same effect by popping a dungeon then using a clover/loot boost potion which I can assume most people are doing anyways. This time it’ll just be a packaged deal. A freebie for being the one to pop.

I don’t think DECA has plans to reduce key popping too much because I imagine it’s a solid revenue source for them. I think the trade off here would have to be the value of the core gameplay loop being used vs. popping keys in nexus. I’m not sure which DECA wants to focus on right now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.