Keyper Obsession

Can someone please explain to me why The Keyper is so popular. The realm of 60+ was fixated on it while 3 people called the hermit and nobody came. Keyper > Hermit?? I don’t understand.

Because the Keyper has a chance to give every ‘event white bag’ (original patch notes), so, assuming the drop rates are equal, it would give the same chance at Jugg as Hermit, plus a possibility of all the other items. So it should be an automatic choice to fight Keyper in that situation.

And maybe desire to run the dungeons it currently drops (Manor+chest or Depths seem popular choices).

But is that a fair assumption is the question. Anecdotally it seems the rates are decent at least

Yeah… might even be higher rates at the Keyper, it really would IMO be an improved game if they gave out the info as it makes no difference to actually looting the item but would let us strategise better which things to fight. Okay that’s my yearly plea for that to happen over and done with.

in 2 days I got 3 event whites from Keyper, compared to the 3 I’ve gotten normally in the last 4 years it seems to be a much better way to get them than the actual events.

Holy Shite. Prod is turning into a pserver.

not necessarily a bad thing

No, definitely a bad thing.

I think adopting more of the shit pservers have would make the game overall much better

especially when a lot of what Deca’s been doing recently is adding items that are paywalled by real world money :nauseated_face:

And how many keypers do you do in 2 days? Probably way more than you would do event gods because he’s guaranteed and twice.at that. Also with how fast people are clearing the realms, I got a ray (What I like it don’t hate) and I know many more people who got event whites because of the efficient realm clearing and not that keyper himself.

Yeah but you pay for those items (which I think only impatient players that can’t wait to have a new item does), then they come out whereas f2p players or anyone that waited can obtain them.

not too many actually, I’ve easily done far more of each individual event than I’ve done keypers overall.

They’ve literally put a price on items that are more unique and game-style changing than most UTs in the game and they’re only able to be obtained through real world money for 2 fucking months

Even if they have better droprates than STs have had for the past like 3 years that doesn’t make it okay at all for them to be obtainable only through real money for any somewhat substantial amount of time, much less 2 fucking months

they’re fucking selling UTs

You have to understand, DECA’s goal is profit first and foremost. So people if whales buy, DECA keeps it up

I do understand, and their rampant bullshit is making me want to just leave the game and it’s community entirely

I’ve been excited for Unity and hopeful for the game to improve but it’s just getting worse and worse, they’re ruining the fucking game.

Excuse me this was originally an indie game that not many people would pay for. As the player base dwindles, DECA keeps on putting new p2w stuff out, which in turn causes some more people to leave
Catch 22 :d

The playerbase is still very large, and there are obviously a large amount of people putting money into the game as key popping discords and USE2 are full of people popping keys pretty regularly

and there was a large amount of people that directly handed them money for the Unity campaign

I cannot see them actually needing a giant income stream at this point

Deca’s just big greed

I think it’s an improvement now that they’ve said the pay-STs will follow this pattern (pay-only for a time, then released with low drop rates, then changing to higher rates when the next ST comes along) since people know they’re effectively paying for advance access, and so far they don’t seem to be unfairly designed (eg a pay-ST ring with 1000HP). Compared to pets it’s basically a vanity you’re buying.

Negative of course is it pay(or RNG)walls any potentially interesting new mechanics out of reach.

So even though there are “updates” with these new items, to a lot of players the game actually is very stagnant right now, so things like the Keyper do give something different for the average player to do. Moreso than chest events anyway.

That’s what I mean. If DECA had a certain lvl of income before, they wouldn’t want to lower it would they?

the issue is them constantly trying to get even more money

they’re continuing their constant chest events so people buy lots of keys, they’ve increased the prices of the mystery boxes that they put up during the events, and they’re releasing items that are literally only obtainable through money for months, people were complaining about the chest events alone being boring and cash-grabby, I have no idea how they’re just making it worse and worse and how anyone could think everything’s completely fine with their shit.

Henez was right. DECA is relatively lazy. They’re just the next parasite to get a hold of realm.