Latency of servers

I need to know my ping, due to only being able to play at night gives me the option to play on empty servers or not to play at all, just hopping on US servers is to risky for me to try without knowing in advance. Every other game has a option to see your ping, why cant I do the same on this game?

Though this forumthread actually had me covered, he removed any way of officialy downloading his program to check your ping in realtime. And I am in no way capable of building that program from the source he linked.

So what do I do, just stop playing this and find something else to play instead, or does anyone have a sollution?

From my experience (and keep in mind I’m playing from South America), ping is relatively unimportant in this game. Just hop onto a server and test it out. I can play on any US or EU server and it runs basically the exact same. Don’t be afraid to hop into a different region, you’re not gonna rubberband like crazy or anything like that.

So what does the green/orange/red bar at the corner mean if not ping?

You can find out the IP/domain name of the server you are connected to and ping it. I use Activty Monitor, which comes with every Mac. It has a ‘Network’ tab which can list all the open connections for each app. Repeat this for each server you are interested in.

But I am not sure how useful this is as it’s only one aspect of how you communicate with the server. Bandwidth, i.e. the width of the pipe is another. Reliability is another, both how many packets get lost and how variable the connection is. Little of this is captured by pinging the server.

Hey there!
I am glad you are interested in my ping checker tool!
But sadly with exalts new login-token methode it does not work anymore (the grab the IPs of each server you need a login token).

That said, if there is demand for it, it wouldn’t be hard for me to implement it into my Exalt Account Manager, as it has login-tokens anyway.

Best regards,

Maik8

If I have seen it correctly that is the server load, the game does some webrequests and with one specific (char/list) you get much info, among other this:

<Server>
<Name>USEast</Name>
<DNS>18.212.14.21</DNS>
<Lat>42.36</Lat>
<Long>-71.06</Long>
<Usage>0.75</Usage>
</Server>

<Server>
<Name>EUEast</Name>
<DNS>18.184.218.174</DNS>
<Lat>54.69</Lat>
<Long>25.28</Long>
<Usage>0.00</Usage>
</Server>

Usage is what I think they use to show to you. That is not proven, just my speculation.

Yes, when I was tinkering with Muledump among all the info it retrieved was a list of servers with IP addresses. It’s probably the same info you’re seeing.

Unfortunately Muledump no longer works for me since the token-requiring update. I know there’s been efforts to get it working again but I’ve not tried any of them myself.

If I remember correctly there are git repos of update muledump versions that do work with tokens, but don’t ask me where I found them last time, sorry.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.