Leachers

I agree that it does suck when you feel you put more work into a dungeon and end up with nothing while somebody else runs off with the loot when they didn’t put nearly as much effort in as you.

Although on the flip-side, nobody told you that you had to be the one to rush. The dungeons in the game were made to be cleared out as a team. Nowadays rushing has become much easier and is made a lot easier by various additions into the game. Just because you rushed the dungeon shouldn’t mean that you are entitled to loot over somebody else. When it comes down to it, everybody has the same odds at getting loot (warranted they do enough damage to qualify for it).

In short, rushing makes dungeons much easier to go through but was never intended in the design of the dungeon. When you rush a dungeon you are taking on the risk that you have a much higher risk of dying and are okay with that. You can always choose to clear to the boss (albeit much slower than rushing). It doesn’t make much sense to reward people for rushing when in the past they have made advancements to limit it (ie. the changes to Oryx Castle).

As long as there is the option to teleport, there will be people who choose to wait around and let others do the work making it to the boss. RNG is a major part of this game and it can be a cruel mistress. Sometimes you luck out and others you don’t.

Would you find your opinion different if dungeons didn’t have guaranteed drops? What if there was also increased drop rates when more people do damage to the boss?

well, increased drop rates would be messed up, cuz people will join a abbys with 20 people and just get everything. dungeons without guaranteed drops? i’d rather stay in glads if that was the case.

but if you are the only one who risks his life and others just walk away with ur loot? there has to be some ballance.

Too bad, so sad, just play the game.

So players who go through more rooms have higher chances of loot? This is a specious idea. Some classes will have a much easier time rushing than other classes, like rogue and warrior versus a wizard or mystic. Even an 8/8 wizard will have trouble going through the same amount of rooms as a speedy warrior rushing to the boss in an abyss. If this was implemented, it wouldn’t mean that everyone would help to proceed towards the boss. Instead, players, especially players who are on classes without the ability to run as fast, would attempt to run through as many rooms as possible instead of helping. That would be the new “leeching”. If you’re rushing towards the boss in an abyss, and someone else joins the dungeon, they’re not going to try to TP to you and help, they’re going to idly walk through the rooms you’ve already cleared.

As you can imagine, it would be even more difficult for players on 0/8s to keep up. In a game where people praise cooperation, this idea would lead to players, especially newer ones, to find their own dungeons even more, because they just wouldn’t be able to clear the same amount of rooms/qualify for loot as a T6 Helm warrior without the new “leeching”.

What about dungeons like LoD or Cem where pretty much everyone clears the same amount of tiles?

Exactly, which is why people leech in the first place. Since rushing is so much easier nowadays, no one is going to want to spend the time to get to the boss if the chances of getting loot are the same if you help or not, especially if they can just do it themselves if everyone else leaves.

I can’t hear you over the sound of your unoriginal idea and incorrect “leech”. can you shout louder?

Oh hey so you were right people do say leach!

it’s everywhere, like a plague. (not the poison tho, that’s rare af)

The game’s drop rate was designed for times when having a crappy player with you was better than having no player with you.

(considering risk reduction, time spent reduction vs lowered chance of you getting loot)

So, there’s nothing to discuss here. You’re complaining about your cup being unable to hold a bowling ball.

Make it interesting by giving a good idea to fix this that would actually work.

Bad idea, for reasons stated above.

As for your epic adventure in the cemetery, it seems pretty obvious that the everyone should have the same chance, otherwise how else can the newer players get to pots? Just because you’re 6/8 doesn’t make you entitled to more loot.

I think think he’s saying he’s entitled to more loot, just that he’s entitled to some loot.

Sadly, these days, the power gap between the most maxed out players vs new players is so big that people can be mathematically considered a leech, even if they did the best they could with what they had.

Still doesn’t excuse having an asshat mindset. When i screw around with an NPE, and someone enters “my” abyss and starts rushing, i leave that abyss. Because i’m not stupid/assholey enough to basically have half the loot for > 1% of the work.

I honestly don’t even know how much of “leeching” problem is an unupdated design issue, or a moral issue.

Have RotMG players become more assholey, or have most of the nice ones been driven out?

I got news for you, people have been rushing Trench since the first day it was released. Pets and additions have nothing to do with it - mostly its cheaters, but its not hard to rush a UDL on a warrior without a pet and people have been doing it on wizards too since forever.

I agree with OP something needs to be done, its fine for a leecher to score some loot every now and then but to have 3 people following you, as it stands, means you will probably get loot 1/4 of the time.

Teleport is a problem, it doesn’t enable me to have fun with my friends, as it stands it guarantees that we will never really get to enjoy ourselves unless we actively try to kill and avoid all leechers. Further it guarantees the Event leechers will also out loot the people running the trash quests to get them to spawn.

Fix teleport and you solve at least two problems, its Radical but so are the god damn cheaters.

EDIT Hats off to Trustee for not hiding this topic in ideas, ain’t nobody got time to read through all that, even at a glance. And this topic really needs to be addressed IMO - its things like this that keep me from spending money or more time playing the game.

Let's talk about the loot drop system

Increased drop rates wouldn’t necessarily be bad. I took some time today to expand on my old idea. I dub thee The More the Merrier Drop System.

Basically it goes like this: drop rates have a minimum starting point, increases as more people qualify for loot, and maxes out at a reasonable cap. Lets put it in numbers.

Here’s what drop rates are like today. There’s always a 100% chance at a pot for at least one person, while everyone else is stuck with the 20% or whatever rate. Soloing a dungeon is highly desirable, because 100% is far better than 20%.

This is a co-op game. Incentivizing solo game play with the side effect of players actively working against others to maximize their chances at finishing solo is bad design. So first step we remove the 100% chance for solo play. “But mah loot!”, you say. Phooey! This is co-op man! Lets reward playing with more people! Lets add bonuses to drop rates as more and more people surpass the damage threshold on the boss. Our table will change into something like this:

Yeah, you’ll get zero more often in small groups, but not as much as you’d think. Lets compare these two charts a little differently.

Qualifying Player Count Average Total # of Drops Today Average Total # of Drops with Bonus
1 1.0 0.2
2 1.2 0.6
3 1.4 1.0
4 1.6 1.4
5 1.8 1.8
6 2.0 2.3
7 2.2 2.8
8 2.4 3.3
9 2.6 3.8
10 2.8 4.3
11 3.0 4.8
12 3.2 5.4
13 3.4 6.0
14 3.6 6.6
15 3.8 7.2
16 4.0 7.8
17 4.2 8.5

As you can see, larger groups means more total loot to go around. The break even point is 5 players, which unfortunately means if you’re by yourself or with less than 4 others chances are the total amount of loot gained by the group would be lower than today. But after that it just gets better and better. Why wouldn’t you want to play with 7+ other people? Your loot chances are doubled! At 17 people you have 2.5x better chances than you would today!

2.5 is probably a reasonable cap. And of course this system would have exceptions, such as for UT loot and the like. But seriously, co-op people. Co-op.

Patch Notes 27.7.X4.1 - discussion

I like it, but I know I’m running a LOT of solo dungeons while farming glands.

I run LOD’s with half the realm and I’ve picked up 2 whites already, I’m not complaining. Having no guaranteed pots for solo is something I would never get over, no point in solo abby/sprite anymore.

wtf are you talking about? no point in solo abby/sprite

i get it if your talking about anything but that, but those two are the biggest spots of loot stealage. With those leechers.

Nah, solo sprite=dex for selling off and maxing other stuff
Solo abby with 6/8 almost unkillable pally while looking for dblade=ez pots and eventual dblade.

@Trustee you would have to make the dungeons a lot harder to handle 17 people, even shatters is pretty trivial with 17 maxed people.

However interesting the idea, to your point that it would be “double the loot today” I would add: when you do dungeons in small groups of 3-4 people. As it stands I get 100% of the loot of the dungeons I complete. I simply leave if there is any chance at all of 0…

In most cases I diasagree with the original poster, however I think there should be a reward for helping with sarcs in tomb, since there is no disadvantage of helping but stil the majority of players leech at that point.

For example 20% of the damage that you do to the sarc priests contributes to your soulbound damage of one of the bosses (if that is done the sarcs itself should shout out their existance when activated (like the puppet master, but not by proximity).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.