Left-click triggering auto-fire

Ok, I don’t know exactly how am I going to explain this, but I’ll try.

Sometimes, when I left-click to shoot with my mouse cursor directly on top of destructible blocks (like the ones in the snake pit and the puppet master’s theatre), my character keeps firing after I already released the left mouse button, effectively enabling auto-fire. It’s not exactly auto-fire, since left-clicking once more after that makes it stop. I’ve had this issue for as long as I can remember on the Flash Projector, can’t say anything about other platforms.

I don’t know how to reproduce it, it just happens occasionally. And most of the time it’s not a big deal, it only annoys me when I’m rushing theatres and I want to destroy only a few blocks, but end up destroying them all because my character keeps shoooting for longer it should. Anyone has any experience with this?

Edit:

Anyone knows why black tiles have that effect and how can I avoid it?

I don’t think I have ever encountered this, but I have a problem with another shooting related bug.
When I try to press left-click to shoot while my cursor is over damage-text, it doesn’t work.
This is really annoying when I am in a massive group and I have no idea if I am actually shooting.

If you start shooting and put your mouse over an area like so or shoot and carry your mouse outside of flash (depends on what you use), the bug will occur.
If that sounds confusing, it happens when you click to shoot, and un-click with your mouse not in the game window.

Yes, that happens too. But it’s not my case, as it happens even with extremely short clicks while my cursor is, at all times, inside the game window (as I said, on destructible blocks).

what platform do you play the game on? Flash, web, steam, etc.

As I said in the op:

Sorry I missed that. If you are not already, try downgrading to flash projector 18, its known to be the best version of flash to run the game with the least amount of lag/technical issues.

I am.

So I ran a quick snake pit and found out when it happens: whenever I un-click while the mouse is over black tiles, my character keeps shooting. Problem is that in the case of destructible blocks, the tiles behind that are unloaded, so they’re black. Because of the slight 3D aspect of the game, when I thought I had my mouse cursor over a tile with a destructible block, it was actually over the black tile behind it.

At least now I know how to avoid it, even though it’ll still probably happen in the heat of a rush. Thanks for he help.

This happens with abilities like the ninja as well.for example when rushing labs I hold space bar and when my cursor goes over black tiles it auto presses space bar continuously so I don’t have to hold it down…its pretty convenient once you get the hang of it…another press of space shoots a star and returns it back to normal

I’ve always had this problem too, but my issue was losing accuracy lmao (I know, don’t judge).

Thanks for clearing up how it’s caused, though I’ve learnt to click as soon as I see it on “autofire”.

Wait a minute, I wonder if you could use this to exploit accuracy while being out of the flash window …NOPE, not here uni. D:

Probably not. Since this bug works just like auto-fire, leaving the game window will most likely cause your character to stop shooting, as described in

I can’t be sure though, testing might be required.

Edit: @Uniqourn, I tested it, doesn’t work.

You can use the ninja speedy thing without any black tiles tho, just hold space, unequip the star, release space and re-equip. It’s pretty fun to run around in the godlands with it.

Ooooo I didn’t know that…Ill be sure to try it tomorrow :slight_smile:

not much advice, but I run into this problem, black tiles are always annoying, so many times when rushing an abyss as priest, I use abt, but my mouse is in the black space, thus causing no effect, causing a few close calls.

umm… yeah… maybe try not having your mouse over or past the blocks, but closer to you.

This happens because the game doesn’t allow you to shoot when you aim to a black tile (unrevealed tile). If you start shooting, and release your left-mouse button over one of those tiles, the game will not register you released the button, because it doesn’t register shooting-related commands aiming at those tiles.

When I deal with places like snake pits, with a lot of those tiles, I mostly use the auto-fire button to shoot or stop shooting at will.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.