Lets play with our imagination

Hasn’t been a year yet book…

It’s not a pserver, it’s photoshopped

That’s right, the duck is photoshopped. The rest is a pserver.

ITZ OVA NEIN DOUSAND!

Sorry for liking. I’m bored so I’m just scrolling thru this POG thread

The same water pattern showed up again (yes, I recognized it in-game from a year-and-a-half-old post), and it appears that the destructible walls of the castle appear in the same pattern. The background is different of course, but I suppose that castles have a number of preset layouts they go through?

(ppe btw)

Yup, I remember @Male writing a realm detection algorithm, and he had to automatically remove setpieces so that he could run the pixel recognition part. There are a few variants of the setpieces, and it’s always one of those variants, potentially rotated. The holes in the castle floor actually let through some of the map that was covered by the setpiece.

The smallest setpieces (that show you most of the map) are ent groves and ghost king keeps.
He did quite some work improving on the maps on the wiki by replacing bulkier structures with those for the sake of the algorithm.

On topic:

@Werbenja

I love most of this thread

I ran out of likes for the first time

Come in, have a seat in my office

AKL trying to revive the good threads :smile:

I might not be the most creative, but what i do have is a complete lack of shame at a 1 year bump (if its actually a good thread and on topic tho)

I guarantee there’s more out there, but considering the Realms are pre-set, you will eventually become limited on interesting options.

Vlad’s drawings were pretty cracked

You know what, I was recently reminded of this thread. Here’s a lazy photo I did in January for the guild

“Panic and scream as you finally behold the face of the one true God of the Realm! The very ground quakes from his splendor!”

(Where’d our artists go? :cry:)

I hate that this could very well have been intentional.
Wonder who made the design of the new vault, anyway?

The thing that bugs me is that it’s not perfect in pixel/tile ratio. I could certainly see them doing this as a way to sneak it in in a way that was perhaps not obvious, but even dismissing the outer border for the knight’s head, the gaps in the helmet for the face aren’t even quite right. :frowning: