Let's see what you're hoarding! Post your muledumps here

Updated with my own to keep thread alive.

Iā€™ma play the devils advocate here and say youā€™re the botter. Just saying. Happened with ATKā€¦ happened with Bella event. Not that I have an issue with it but you canā€™t run this kind of gambit without having some form of helpā€¦ wonder how many rising suns you botā€¦ sorry bought for 2l.

devils advocate doesnt work that way

Youā€™re right. Point out the kings clothes would have been appropriate. I may still wind up the devils advocate.

Itā€™s really not that hard. All you have to do is know people that do similar ventures so that you can make large purchases. And during the bella event, I recruited people from the game to buy up the skins for me while I was offline. I just said hey, Iā€™ll pay you X for your skins. Iā€™ll buy all that you can buy up. You can make money by buying them cheaper, and then selling them to me. Most people donā€™t want to hold 500 skins for 3 months, but I have the space, time, and resources to do it.

I mean I got lucky and was tipped off to the sun staff dropping for motmg, so I was able to sell the 400 or so that I had at the time for 6-8L, and then repurchase them during motmg, so I am walking away with as many as I started with, but I made ~2L on each one, and I will make ~4L again when I choose to sell them again once the prices go back up. All in all, I will make ~2.5k off the whole adventure.

Dupers can only do so much. They still have to sell the stuff. It takes like two weeks for a single duper to actually make an impact. That gives me time to do something about it.

I have pretty much stopped actively merching. I havenā€™t been playing as much, and I donā€™t really need to make any more life. When I do play, I usually hunt for white bags

100L worth of merching is not done at the keys. It is done in bulk trades. I will sell you x skins for a discount, say, 6 life each (back when skins were 8L). I happen to own 500 skins. If I make 2 life on each, that would mean I would make 1000 life in only the time that it takes me to transfer over 500 skins. Sure, this might take 2 hours, but that still puts me at 500L an hour.

The kind of merching you are talking about, the one where you sit in the nexus and trade items 1 by 1, that is time consuming, but you can make 50-100% on your money with each trade. The problem is how long it takes. Even with this method alone, on a good day, you can make 10-50L, but you have to no-life it to do that. I quickly grew tired of the no-life merch method, and, as such, almost all of my merching these days is done through bulk transactions. I barely sell anything to anyone unless I am selling 50 items or more at a time. Itā€™s just not worth the effort that it takes.

Factor in the 10-50L you can make a day just by actually sitting in the nexus, and average everything together. Itā€™s pretty easy to come out with a figure that puts you @100L a day.

Just makes me wonder how youā€™re able to manipulate the market without the use of bots. For example, there are two bots sitting in USW2 right now. One is selling pixies for 7Lā€¦ maybe a month or 2 ago he was selling for 6l. The other is a bot selling sunstaffs for 5l. There have been other bots in the past, like the one selling Etherites for 6l when they were worth 5. Bot name Trali recently bumped the price of UBHPā€™s up to 5 and it stuck. With the Bella event, there was a few bots buying them up for 1L, then 2L a piece. When atk fell, there was a bot buying them up as well. Back to sun staffs during this MOTMG, there was a bot buying them up for 2L a piece. Some things just donā€™t make sense. It just looks suspicious when you admit to manipulating the market, when the easiest way (and currently ongoing method of which) is botting. I donā€™t doubt you have suppliers. I too have my own suppliers and they exist, but the two methods of manipulating the market are as follows: buy out the market. Buy every single last little item and hold them to create demand. Someone smart like you would cut out the middleman. Why pay a mana or a life more for work you can just make a bot do instead. The second aspect is raising the publics perception of what an item is worth. The aforementioned bots do just that. Just some food for thought is all.

Botting isnā€™t the easiest way to manipulate the market. It just seems that way, because you donā€™t see what is really going on. Take the US economy for example. If the FED wants to decrease the value of the dollar, they donā€™t try and do it on a person by person level by sayā€¦ giving more money to each person in the US. No. They buy treasury bills worth millions of dollars from businesses. These businesses now have a bunch of money that they can use to raise wages for new hires or existing employees, thus giving the average person more money, and ultimately lowering the value of the dollar.

In your scenario, botting is the distribution method from the businesses to the individual. Rather than try and increase the amount of trades that occur to the average player, I target the suppliers of large amounts of items, aka the goverment in my dollar analogy, often, but not always, dupers. If they have less items to sell to the average player because I bought up all their goods, then they can either 1) get bored and stop duping, or 2) dupe something else, or 3) keep duping, in which case, the price of the duped item will eventually be lowered, making it no longer worthwhile to dupe. Either way, I provide an option to keep the price the same while getting the duper to not screw over the economy as quickly. In this way, the market price stabilizes or is less affected by dupers.

I understand the idea of it, but from your example, buying from dupers. Iā€™ve got suppliers for STs and the rest of the items that were duped heavily. But post duping or items that donā€™t seem particularly prudent to dupe, like Sun Staffs, who has a bulk supply that they are willing to dump, or that youre willing to pay more for. Your telling me you have people who buy up 50-100 sunstaffs at 2L (or more likely 3L because it was extremely hard to buy em up at 2L, I tried) and you paid 3L (or more likely 4L in the former scenario,) all while competing against middleman merchants? Same goes for the Bella items. Like Iā€™m not doubting that what youre saying is possible but it seems like botting is the most plausible explanation. And the bots sitting in USW2 serve your purpose. They arenā€™t actually selling anything. Theyre just making the 500 items youā€™ve got waiting in vaults worth more, faster.

*Edit: This is at most a conspiracy theory but it there are alot of coincidences that match things youā€™ve mentioned directly. It is an opinion but also a possibility.

*off topic *
Welcome back to the forums Shurima, last time you posted here I was a dead forumer. :wink:

And you will be, the next time you get a white and the forum revolt starts :wink:

:white_flag:

That will not save you my friend.

butā€¦ friendship

I cannot see this
The image is blocked from sight
Fuck you school wifi

Should I like, explain to your or something then?

oh itā€™s the triggered
gif that has been roaming the
internet haiku

I think you will find that wealthier players tend to not buy 1 sunstaff at a time. Like whatā€™s the point? If I need a sunstaff for my wizard, I just grab a mule and get on off of it. I very rarely buy items 1 at a time. At a minimum, Iā€™ll buy 8 at least, since I can probably get a discount if I can buy in bulk. The same goes for other players. Sometimes people just want items that they think will hold value. Sometimes they just collect one particular item. Sometimes they are trying to merch. The point is, there are a lot of players that are willing to buy in bulk. Itā€™s really not that hard to find people buying in bulk if you know where to look or have traded with them before.

For example, I used to have one person with ~2000 UBHPS. Iā€™d buy them for 3.5 life each, 64 at a time. Iā€™d then sell them to other players 8 at a time for 4 life each, since UBHP used to be the standard item to hold value and save space. My supplier was willing to sell for 3.5L, because he wanted to get rid of all of them quickly. I think he was switching from UBHPs to decas or something, and he wanted the pure pots to purchase decas or skins or whatever it was that he was buying. As for the buyers on my end, there are tons of people that buy UBHPs 8 at a time, since 1 inv of UBHPs is worth 32 life and can save you 4 mules worth of space.

Oh shit, what up. I didnā€™t realize you used the forums. Iā€™m low-key still dead on the forums. I just hop on from time to time.