LF Programmers for Video Game! (ZMook)

ZMOOK: The Game

Hellooo forums! :wave::yum:

A few days ago a group of forumers got together to make a game. It started small at first, and things were going great so far. We soon realized the game can be a lot bigger than we imagined, and the game idea dreams we were having are a real possibility. But we don’t want to do it alone, and these forums have a lot of talented people. I’m glad some of those people are already with us and helping out! So, we want you guys to join us on this journey.

Here’s the game. You and your teammates have to save your abducted cows. Standing in your way, cruel aliens who know you’re coming. It’s a in-and-out mission. Find an opening, get to your cows, find a way out. Avoid the enemy, maybe fight off a couple, maybe fight them all if you think you’re ready… Have a plan for when things go wrong. Easy, right? :wink:

(for more info check out the discord below)

We’re looking for 1 programmer!

The game is 2D (topdown) and being made in Godot + C#. It’s beginner friendly while satisfying the needs for a large-scaled game. If this interests you, consider joining thru our discord or leaving a reply.

Now, some of you might feel you aren’t ready. Maybe you’re interested but not really sure if you have enough programming experience, or you’ve never tried something like this and don’t know if you can do it. Trust me, that reaction is perfectly fine. This is a new experience for us too, and we’re taking it step by step. We’re helping each other and we’d be more than happy to guide you along the way. As long as you’re willing to learn and be dedicated, you’d make a great teammate. :+1:

Current team

• Programmers: Forsome, Book, Jango :partying_face:
  • Artists: GBSlayer, Zuzu, Ludfru, RogueGamma :partying_face:
  • Music: Ludfru, GBSlayer, Book, Forsome

Currently we have enough artists and composers/sfx guys. If things change I’ll make a note in this thread.

And of course, we’d love to share the game progress with everyone else! That means playable builds so you can try the game for yourself and leave any feedback you’d want us to hear. Stay tuned for that… :wink:

Discord: https://discord.gg/kMFugCK

Update: Welcome aboard RogueGamma and Jango!

Heimoli wallfish says its a graphic novel not a video game

86e

By the way…

Was this discontinued? I was looking forward to it!

Not necessarily, but we haven’t been working on the project for a while. If Heimoli is up for it then we’ll probably continue soon, though

This project isn’t over!

A lot of us are busy this time of the year so progress wasn’t like before. Having said that, we don’t have any plans to stop. We might post about development here along the way, and will definitely announce when ZMook is ready for open testing.

If you’d rather directly keep up-to-date with the game’s progress, feel free to join the Discord!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.