Library Lore Thread

Steel Dagger

Energy Staff

Fire Wand

Short Sword

Reinforced Bow
flashplayer18_sa_2019-05-08_21-07-37

Short Bow is the only T0 weapon that doesn’t have a response. Also @Textbook supposedly discovered some of the new ones related to The Machine owo

Edit: they’re only giving 5 fri keys on testing per account :c guess we’ll have to finish finding them when it hits prod tomorrow. Pls help everyone! vvvv

Cool new ones

I tried asking about “Heroic Observer” but it didn’t have an entry :frowning:

@Unicorn Textbook didn’t discover the responses, through he’s gonna update the RealmEye entry for the Realm Eye (or already, i didn’t check) and help with the decipher on The Glitch response.

Deciphered:
THE MACHINE IS A CONTROL CENTER FOR SOME SEEMINGLY VITAL ELEMENT OF THE REALMS VERY EXISTENCE I DO NOT
THE DIMENSION IS AS OLD AS TIME ITSELF I KNOW NOT WHAT CREATED IT NOR WHAT PURPOSE THE SELF PROCLAIMED SERVERS FULFILL
I MUST ADVISE AGAINST DOING ANYTHING TO TAMPER WITH THEIR OPERATIONS THOUGH THEIR PRESENCE IS MYSTERIOUS THEY ARE NO DOUBT ESSENTIAL TO THE UNIVERSE AND BEYOND

Deciphered:
DESPITE APPEARANCES NULL IS NOT AN ENTIRELY ARTIFICIAL BEING HIS ORIGIN IS UNTRACEABLE BUT HE CONSUMES AND PRODUCES A FOREIGN ENERGY
I FAIL TO UNDERSTAND HIS EXACT PURPOSE ALL I DO KNOW IS THAT HE HOLDS SOME POSITION OF AUTHORITY AMONG HIS CULT KNOWN AS THE SERVERS

The problem with the last response is that unlike the first two, that were ciphered in Enigma Machine (Kriegsmarine 3 rotors), this one seems to have been deciphered in a different cipher, which i can’t seem to resolve.

GEDPOSEKXBBJKGJPSUSPFRSJJQKBWSDQEZQVONSDDUZ
XCRXMSHLZLOEVCTTMRSNTVTDRBQGSWWPSQYAVUGG

HPMQUXAIZRRAKIWXKEQOCPHPFMKUNMHPSPIIBTJJKHP
FKWXCDHLUMDHPOPRGDURNPADRBCLXTCTUMYNLBLITRXFCZDSWUSVDLM HTZHQ

did i get it

@LolGod I’d be interested in seeing how you deciphered those first two, would be an interesting read :slight_smile: (and the thought process might help with figuring out that last one uwu)

Yeah you pretty much got the message, through the space on the last one (HTZHQ) is unnecessary.

Simple, went into Testing trying to get the 3 new responses, before i came up with The Machine, so i was confused and intrigued when The Realm Eye shown such cryptic message, at first i dismissed as random letters, but since the two other messages were the same, they had to be some sort of code.

So i went ahead and typed each message into Notepad (legit got a headache doing this), and went to dcode.fr, tried Rot13 and Caesar Ciphers at first to no avail.

Until i saw the Enigma Machine as one of the options, so i did a somewhat dumb thought of Enigma Machine = The Machine, so i tried it there, the first option didn’t work, but when i tried the second option (Kriegsmarine 3 rotors) It showed the deciphered message as above, but without the spaces, so pretty much that was solved.

Except The Glitch’s response, obviously tried with the same setup, just to get another set of random letters, tried various setups with the Enigma Machine cipher to no avail, through there’s the Kriegsmarine 4 rotors which i tried too, but since it had a complicated setup, and the website gave errors, i didn’t manage to decipher it.

Inputting 16+16 into the Inner Workings calculator gets this response from Craig (probably this year's ARG)

Hi lol I was thinking I was gonna have to make the forum post, it’s good that you got to it!

I’ll handle the transcribing/translation for those on the Realm Eye Responses page on the wiki, sure.

I’m not sure if I can figure out the message for The Glitch though, this is definitely not an area of expertise for me. Perhaps someone else has more background in cryptography that can figure it out?

Hi there! Yeah i can’t figure it out either, through i don’t discard that a specific setup of the Enigma Machine cipher is the answer, since it’s really similar to the previous responses.

The problem is knowing which is the setup, or if it’s an entirely different cipher.

The Enigma Machine is a fairly well-known cipher, so I’d like to think that whatever The Glitch’s message is encoded in is also something the layman might think of when it comes to the topic of cryptography, but we could also be just thrown a big curveball as it could be something fairly obscure.
It’s almost certainly not a simple substitution cipher, either (which does lend support to your idea of it being a specific setup of the Enigma Machine).

edit: Realm Eye Responses page has been edited to add the 3 responses, including as accurate of detail as possible for deciphering The Machine and Null (in case someone in the future might be able to piece together a variant that can decipher the message for The Glitch, and also because it’s good to have these sorts of details down somewhere concrete)

But there is a secret sheep level x.x

Wait…

WHAT?

There is no secret sheep level.

Jokes aside, this is a joke of amitp’s from back in 2010. I wasn’t around for that, so I asked Amit about it:

Also, I thought that picture was lost with the old forum. Do you have any more saves from the WS era?

given the nature of the glitch, it’s possible that one actually is just random keyboard mashings.

feel free to keep attempting to decode it though, I don’t know for sure since toast comes up with this stuff on his own. I also would not have thought to try to decode the machine or null either, I’m not much of an expert.

The fact that the first two prompts were decoded so quickly makes me glad I threw in a curveball with The Glitch. Yes, there is a real message in there.

Impressed someone even thought to try this. It’s one of the most obscure prompts!

Dang I should’ve grinded answers yesterday, portal drop rates are kinda cancer. Anyone got keys? ;3

Firebrand Staff

I realize these are completely uninteresting since they’re copypastas with one word changed.

The T0 bow does have a response, you just have to spell it “Shortbow” as opposed to “Short Bow” (note that “Short Bow” is the name of the actual item in-game).

t0%20bow

Hooo! Mistake spotted! “ameteur” needs to be “amateur”!
…I think!

Trivial Issues Thread

When saw this I knew there is going to be a new sprite world

My question is would it be possible to do it by hand? It sounds like a nightmare but also a bit of a (painful) challenge.