Library Lore Thread

Hi lol I was thinking I was gonna have to make the forum post, it’s good that you got to it!

I’ll handle the transcribing/translation for those on the Realm Eye Responses page on the wiki, sure.

I’m not sure if I can figure out the message for The Glitch though, this is definitely not an area of expertise for me. Perhaps someone else has more background in cryptography that can figure it out?

Hi there! Yeah i can’t figure it out either, through i don’t discard that a specific setup of the Enigma Machine cipher is the answer, since it’s really similar to the previous responses.

The problem is knowing which is the setup, or if it’s an entirely different cipher.

The Enigma Machine is a fairly well-known cipher, so I’d like to think that whatever The Glitch’s message is encoded in is also something the layman might think of when it comes to the topic of cryptography, but we could also be just thrown a big curveball as it could be something fairly obscure.
It’s almost certainly not a simple substitution cipher, either (which does lend support to your idea of it being a specific setup of the Enigma Machine).

edit: Realm Eye Responses page has been edited to add the 3 responses, including as accurate of detail as possible for deciphering The Machine and Null (in case someone in the future might be able to piece together a variant that can decipher the message for The Glitch, and also because it’s good to have these sorts of details down somewhere concrete)

But there is a secret sheep level x.x

Wait…

WHAT?

There is no secret sheep level.

Jokes aside, this is a joke of amitp’s from back in 2010. I wasn’t around for that, so I asked Amit about it:

Also, I thought that picture was lost with the old forum. Do you have any more saves from the WS era?

given the nature of the glitch, it’s possible that one actually is just random keyboard mashings.

feel free to keep attempting to decode it though, I don’t know for sure since toast comes up with this stuff on his own. I also would not have thought to try to decode the machine or null either, I’m not much of an expert.

The fact that the first two prompts were decoded so quickly makes me glad I threw in a curveball with The Glitch. Yes, there is a real message in there.

Impressed someone even thought to try this. It’s one of the most obscure prompts!

Dang I should’ve grinded answers yesterday, portal drop rates are kinda cancer. Anyone got keys? ;3

Firebrand Staff

I realize these are completely uninteresting since they’re copypastas with one word changed.

The T0 bow does have a response, you just have to spell it “Shortbow” as opposed to “Short Bow” (note that “Short Bow” is the name of the actual item in-game).

t0%20bow

Hooo! Mistake spotted! “ameteur” needs to be “amateur”!
…I think!

Trivial Issues Thread

When saw this I knew there is going to be a new sprite world

My question is would it be possible to do it by hand? It sounds like a nightmare but also a bit of a (painful) challenge.

Given that you know the cipher, it should be.

@Zquidx ty for contributing h

dad

H z

Jewel Eye Katana:image

Wand of Ancient Warning: image