Life, the passage of time, and the state of the game

Hello RealmEye forums!

It’s been awhile, hasn’t it? I haven’t truly played realm in nearly two or three years. So much has happened in that time, no thanks to the pandemic of course. The life I led back then is completely unrecognizable to the one I have now, and as the years go by, so do my memories.

I’m still the founder of a once known guild called Mitochondria. As our slogan goes, we formed friendships that kept on long after the guild died, for the 9th time. Not everyone is active in our discord, but the few I have in my life still, I cherish.

There used to be fellow forumers and players in the game I used to be friends with too. The memory loss has heavily clouded the specifics, but I remember being in the guild Regen back in 2015? 2014? I occasionally pop into their discord from time to time. But most IGNs of friends and old guild mates have left me.

I’d be happy to reconnect with some of my buddies on here. Is Jason still around? Seelpit? WindowsHDD? Campfires? Mynamerr? Book? I know there’s more…

My realm account is… 11 years old now? This old post still means a lot to me. I wish I was active to make the 10 year celebration post.

I don’t know if I’ll return to the game, mainly due to the sheer lack of time I have now in my life. I’m working in my dream career path, carving out a life that the retail working me from two years ago couldn’t imagine. It’s been tough though. Homelessness, abuse, moving hundreds of miles away from my immediate family, getting sick, weight gain, dropping out of college, and more! Suffice to say, the pandemic has really thrown a wrench in the plans.

But if I do manage an hour or eight a week, I’m wondering all the important updates that I’ve missed? I left around the time that Summoner was added. I’ve popped into the game, but my home server of USNW seems dead, where is everyone? Also what happened to the server list? I feel like it’s shorter, is the game dying? There’s also a lot more monetization.

Hold up, what in tarnation is this grand bazaar? Why… did Deca not make enough money from the Unity campaign? Are players quitting en masse? Is there a lack of new players?

How about the positive, has duping been fixed yet? How about hackers, are those plaguing the game still? I’m currently listening, the music is still the same, god I miss the old theme music, pre Unity.

A few of the forum members may know that there’s one thread I’ve kept on semi active, my game development thread. I haven’t made an update since January, mostly due to more circumstances in my life. Turns out game development is much more involved that I thought, but it remains one of my most passionate programming projects. I’ve taught myself C++ and OpenGL, and I’ve built a 2D & 3D renderer. I’m currently balancing a few projects outside of work, but I’ll try to release some updates soon!

Thanks for any responses, or just simply taking the time the read this post! I’d be happy to answer any questions, and talk about the game, life, or what have you!

Forever & Always,
Kalightortaio, Kalitaio, HeyItsWii, WiiLikeToPlay2, Krishna

games fine imo, except the new player experience, grand bazaar is fine, i maxed my pet buying blue prints there, duping is probably still around but the hacking community has been quiet recently not completely gone but thats impossible for even AAA games. There is more monetization yes but imo they game is much more ftp friendly now. servers were empty, and have been for many years, so they pruned them a bit which is fine, most people gather in the more populated realms and there are still a lot of people playing.

new dungeons are great, shatters is the most fun ive had in a long time(but im really bad at it)

Hope your life continues improving, comeback whenever and you will probably have fun, at least for a while, then you can quit again, come back, quit etc. It is going to be around for a long time yet imo

Heyoyo

I’m still around, had a recent-ish name change but for the sake of consistency and not causing confusion I’ll keep my name the same on the forums. I’ve mostly stopped playing the game at this point in pursuit of other stuff, and my game of course (which is going to be a doozy)

Unfortunate about those events in your life, but I’m wholly glad great things have turned up to balance that out and that it’s taking you places you’re happy in. Years been pretty rocky with covid and I’ve been relatively lucky, so I can only wish the same for everyone else.

From what I remember they have chopped off some servers, can’t remember the names really but they’re gone for a fact. Grand bazaar is just a revamp of the old bazaar and while nice, it still feels very disconnected, and empty compared to the rest of the game. No idea if duping has been fixed, hackings on the downturn.

I’m looking forward to the revival of your thread! always great to see people posting on the forums along with their personal projects like the old days :smiley:

11 years? You’re just like me. And I was with Radio, Volkoro pally, even brownken in Regen. :v)
Now I’m in The Boys In Blue. A funny guild. :smiley:

I guessed the poster correctly base on the title of the thread :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I’ve never left the community

Man USNW has been dead for like 6 years

I know this is incredibly late, but I happen to know where a group of the OGs are hiding together, if you’re interested.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.