List of complaints i have because of skill issues

Objects
I fucking despise objects that you can’t walk through with a passion. You get stuck on them, which results in a nexus or you narrowly escaping (when undergeared/in a hard dungeon). And this is a huge problem in MT. MT has rocks and shit that are just really fucking annoying when you run into them. In Cem’s T, your movement is severely restricted thanks to the massive amount of graves that have collision enabled. Really annoying. Yes, objects can act as cover, but the objects that have collision enabled should just be fucking decorations and not actual cover. Oh, and also the small fence things in MT that you cant walk through, the fucking enemies can walk through them. How is that fair? Why is this allowed?

Slowed
Slowed is an absolute tumor amongst the cancerous array of debuffs that exist in rotmg. There should be no reason that slowed should set your speed to 0, instead of decreasing it by a percentage. It’s really fucking stupid that my maxed trickster moves at the same speed as a level 1 knight when we are both slowed. The character is stronger, and should not be handicapped the same as a weak HP scaler. If DECA can make unstable less annoying, then they can definitely rebalance the stupid piece of trash that is slowed.

Sew
Sew is disproportionately annoying compared to all the other godlands dungeons. Despite being a dungeon that is the primary source of DEF, the enemies in sew do an unholy amount of damage which discourages fresh characters from playing it. Just dodge, you say? Well, the god damn dungeon is filled with sick tiles. So, yeah, I dodged. Into another room filled with peons, and my health can’t regenerate. Also, the moving sewage tiles that push you backward? Absolutely fucking unnecessary, and is extremely stupid. I tried to rush sew on my pally, which her speed was not maxed then. I got slowed while being pushed backwards by the fucking floor tiles, and then fucking goblins come and stack shot me. And I can’t even heal because I’m sick. Dungeon isn’t even hard, it’s just designed to be a fucking annoyance.

Sick
Another debuff I absolutely detest. I never really gave sick two shits before, but that was when Puri was worth a damn to the entire party. Now that DECA basically killed the puri, sick should not do what it does. As a debuff, it can completely kill a character. That should not happen. My maxed fucking vitality heroes of the fucking nexus shouldn’t die because they came down with a fucking cold, dud. Sick disabling all healing sources is an extremely fucking stupid and overpowered debuff. It should only halve healing from vit, priests, potions, and your pet. Or something like that; it shouldn’t disable all healing.

Rushing
I like rushing, but I despise pbags and 0. If I rushed the fucking dungeon, I should be guaranteed something. But what does the game decide? Oh, the idiot who sits in spawn and says “call T” in chat will get a white bag. Yeah. Fuck you, game. There should definitely be a system where whoever uncovers the most tiles on the correct path and reaches boss first, is prioritized in the loot drop. Obviously that is not a perfect idea, but it encourages people to actually rush the dungeon and not sit in spawn like an asshat. Of course, implementation of this system will make counter-rushing an even bigger problem, but it’s always up to the player whether or not they want to be a tumor or a chad.

Colors
What do I have to say about colors? Well… holy SHIT, I can’t see the bullet because the floor is the same god damn color. I don’t remember what game I played, but it was a danmaku (bullet hell), and they had an option for high contrast bullet colors. If DECA is unable to implement that shit, they can at least add an option to outline the fucking bullet, because I can’t fucking see the bullet. The ground is the same color. Don’t blame your poor design flaws on me.

DDocks
I really liked Deadwater Docks. It was one of my favorite dungeons in the game. And then DECA came and revamped it, and turned it from a cakewalk to a fiery landscape of hell. Of course, Ddocks is not actually THAT hard, but there was no reason to make it the difficulty it is now. If Wlab is that ridiculously easy, then why is Deadwater Docks so much more difficult? I like the new aesthetics and look of DDocks, but I also like how the old one felt. I remember the pirates throwing rum and the platform turns into evil water. I remember hitting the heroic observer. And everyone just sat on the bottom left of the boss and smacked it. Ddocks were always jam packed. And look at Ddocks now. Too difficult for a new player, and now you can probably have 10 players go in. And 2 players leave. Yes, the old Ddocks was too easy, but the new Ddocks is too hard.

Crawling Depths
Crawling depths was again, another dungeon that I really liked to play. Good source of mana, and the dungeon basically had 5 sources for Doku no Ken. Now, I hate playing CD. The new web tiles are some of the most stupid shits I’ve ever seen. I get it, it fits and it makes sense, but It’s just so ridiculously mind numbingly annoying to be slowed, and be stuck on a webbed tile, and then get quieted by fucking blue spiders. Another thing about the new CD is that it takes way too long to finish. Having to smack the egg sacs one by one… is really annoying, especially with you getting constantly slowed, pelted by the son of a bitch spider fuck, and then the dumbass spider spawns more spiders to give you an even bigger migraine. Yeah I get it, the new mechanic deters people from hitting the egg sacs and leaving. But there should be no reason for the spider web to turn red and deal damage, or for the spider web elements to start shooting at you. Such stupid design decisions. Also, about the webbed tiles, how the fuck does a full sized human step on a stupid spider web, and not break it? And yes, anything that impedes my movement for me is an absolute annoyance.

Priests
I think everyone likes the local priest. They press spacebar, and your character is alive again. However, DECA made the… questionable decision to nerf tomes. I don’t really play this game as a “co-op experience” (more of a solo player), but this game is a co-op game. Priests are supposed to support a large group, but with the healing reduction… that’s slightly harder. I haven’t really noticed it, probably because fungal tomes are basically required if you want to bring a priest into a raid, but the nerf was uncalled for. Another nerf that was uncalled for was the puri. DECA basically took the puri, stripped its identity, then proceeded to grab a gut knife, skin its face off, and throw it down to a one way sinkhole to hell. The entire point of the puri was to be able to remove debuffs from the party. Was that overpowered? Well, yes, but actually no. First of all, a player had to be able to obtain a puri, a fairly rare item from a fairly rare dungeon. Then, a player has to actually have the balls to bring the puri on a priest. Then the player has to not be mundane. In any case, even if a nerf was in line for the puri, DECA nerfed it in the most moronic way possible. Out of the many ways they could have manhandled it, they basically group fisted the anus and prolapsed the intestine. In colloquial terms, they completely fucked it. They could have removed the healing from the puri and made it a tome that only removed debuffs. They could have made players immune to to the purification debuff for a certain time after the last purification. They could have made certain debuffs unremovable. They could have put a hefty cooldown to it. They could also have just simply buffed the mana cost. But instead, they chose to make the puri completely fucking useless for everyone, but the priest themselves. They chose to make the puri forge power. Congratulations, DECA, because you have succeeded.

Invisible
There should be no reason that a rogue’s invis gets cancelled. Invisible is a BUFF and should last the entire time. It isn’t a buff that happens when you hold spacebar, it is a straight up no bullshit BUFF. When a pally gets quieted, do their buffs get dispelled? NO. Then tell me WHY quiet dispels invisible. It is really stupid of deca to nerf a class that is already struggling to get a foothold in today’s meta. (affects rogue the most)

I’ll give my 2 cents here, as I both agree and disagree with points.

Objects
Yeah, this one I mostly agree with. It should be more apparent which ones have and dont have collision. And yeah MT is a hellscape for these.

Slow
While I agree the level can be jarring, I do think there are some instances where a full slow would work better than a percentage or partial reduction. I think a lot of instances should be replaced by an exposed-type debuff, where speed is reduced flatly.

Sew
This one I kinda disagree with. I find sewers a lot more enjoyable than, say, abyss or pup. The rush may be awkward with the sicken and reverse tiles, but I find doing short clears in those hazardous spots if you cant blitz past them is pretty trivial.

Sicken
While I get the grievance, in most cases where it really matters, sick can be avoided in some way or another. The only place where I find sick too difficult to effectively manage is miasma, and even then theres ways to avert it some. Even changing it halving recovery would completely trivialize it and basically remove all prescence it had, going from a dangerous threat that needs you to lock in, to an annoyance that makes you drink a pot or 2 and call for the priest more.

Rushing
Honestly, I don’t think rushing deserves an additional incentive. As it is, rushing rewards the group with efficiency and speed, imo its not a selfish act, but rather a selfless one. Adding more reasons to do so would just lead to a pile of people running out and gumming up eachother’s rushes, on top of further pushing the dps-rush meta, which I believe is very unhealthy for the game.

Colors
I don’t notice this one much, but I think adding toggles to make bullets more apparent is definently something that should be done.

DDocks
I really don’t get the glorifying of the old ddocks, it was easily the most boring and un-inspired dungeon in the game to me. None of the enemies were unique, just charge n shoot or just shoot, it looked hideous and monotonous, the dps wall to the boss was unnessecary and only served to remove solo or small groups without heavy dps, the troom was just the shatters lava maze, and the boss, while it had some slightly interesting concepts, was a cakewalk and got steamrolled the moment a knight and a source of paralyze looked at it. And honestly? I like the difficulty. Clearing makes more sense since the danger is high, and it makes the crab, imo the 2nd best part, much easier to handle. Not to mention the boss, which is one of the better mid-late game bullet hell battles.

CDepths
Similar to old ddcoks, old cdepths was awful imo. Very bland, both in gameplay and looks, terrible drop rates even if there were 5 sources, and the boss was either a grieffest or a joke. Now, the dungeon has a nice aesthetic, of a cold and unforgiving den, has some better variety in the dungeon itself, the loot is much better even with just 1 source, and the boss is so so so much better. And for the length, its honestly faster to not just run up and smack eggs as soon as you can, but rather go for certain orders, since it gets much easier and faster done right. The elememts having variety also changes the gameplay of it, rather than being camp a corner since moving out slows you for ages, to move cautiously as to not take damage. The web tiles are a bit annoying though, I’ll give you that. I think the only change CD could use would be to reduce the severity of the web tile slows.

Priest
I’ll be honestly, I’m glad priest got its nerfs. Sure, it’s less group based and can’t do as much for a party now, but the game is much healthier. Nerfing priests really only applied in 2 areas, both of which were terrible for the game’s health: Puri, and Raid blobs. Puri was a very op item, and even all the nerfs you said would still leave it quite strong. Group debuff removal is huge, and way too impactful, especially with more debuff heavy bosses. It just made the dps blob meta too oppressive, to where anything else was basically wasting 4 or 5x as much time. Same with the tome nerfs, changing its effectiveness based on number of healed does nerf large blobs heavily (oryx knows they needed it), but the impact on smaller groups is far less noticable. The point of the priest was to shift the game away from the blob meta, which sucked for the game, by removing the reason it worked so stupidly well. Besides, puri is still really good for priest, it has a high instant heal, and self purifying keeps the group safer than no purifying, as it keeps the priest healthier and around.

Invisible
Yeah, this one I agree with. Quiet is bad enough without it instantly dispelling invis.

Slow
I don’t think nerfing slow will ever be a good idea for the game. I know we have to use our time to pot up to max speed so we would expect it to help us but, nerfing slow would make all the leather classes superior in a lot of situations. If the slow debuff changed from ‘set spd to 0’ to ‘-30 spd’ classes like knight would be affected severely while the leather classes would still have more than 40 spd. A slow reduction would be a bit more balanced if it was attached to a piece of equipment, like a ring reducing slows effects by 50%.

Sew
Sews are definitely one of the more dangerous gland dungeons, but the rewards are worth it in my opinion. Some enemies could use a bit of damage reduction like that goblin the can basically insta-kill you, but other than that the enemies are relatively easy once you get down their patterns. my biggest problem with sew are those pushing tiles. Without max speed or speedy those tiles become the most dangerous and annoying thing in the dungeon, when enemies are nearby.

DDocks
I like the new changes to this dungeon and how you actually need to pay attention now. without the dps block I can actually solo the dungeon or do it in small groups, and I won’t die stupidly from the troom anymore by walking in the dark water too much :joy:. While the update is good, I do believe that the crab might be a bit much especially when compared to wlab and cdepths. Even so this difficulty is balanced out by the loot that’s available. Soloing this dungeon basically guarantees 6spd, 6dex, and a life, which is a crazy amount of loot for one dungeon. Also how could mega-sized clumps of crazy pirates ever be better than the current ddocks?

Cdepths
Honestly I don’t really have much of a problem with the new cdepths. No more insta-kills, more immersive boss fight, and the occasionally dungeon skip. I never understand how people could hate this dungeon. On the webs, these never really bother me. When there is a web in the room I will usually just clear around it, which doesn’t take much time and increases my chances of survival. The webs aren’t everywhere so all you have to do is avoid them and the dungeon become much easier.

That’s not true. My 8/8 Assassin (60 def) got insta-killed (could not leave while slowed) by that spider.
here it is: https://s20.directupload.net/images/210529/jtcdk2ef.jpg

Do you have a video version so that I could see what actually happened?

From what I can see you were in the completely wrong place for that phase. At the phase where only one egg is left, the boss rotates around the edge until it makes it to that egg. When this happens it slows down and shoots a lot more shot. After this it bounces around the other way going around the edge of the web to the other side of the egg, repeating the process. If you stay close to it during this part you are putting yourself in much more danger than necessary.

The boss fires in a RADIAL pattern. ANYTHING that fires in a radial pattern can instantly kill you if you are sat on it.

Ok, then just don’t get sat on.
Not that hard.

It isn’t hard. You want to know whats also not hard? Getting slowed in cdepths.

Slow Yeah this irks me, mostly in theory. Slow should not put my 85+ spd char at the same level as a goddamn unleveled melee :sweat_smile:

Rushing I get your frustration but screw it. If you really want guaranteed loot just do godland dungeons with 1-2 others. Not ideal but in dungeons where there isn’t guarteed loot to everyone this isn’t really a team game, especially if you are capable enough to rush.

Ddocks If you can rush this dungeon it is so much better than the old one- way better loot for slightly more time invested and some actually interesting status effects instead of a damn DPS check. Even if you can’t rush it is a million times more interesting.

Cd On the whole I only slightly prefer the new CD (thanks to trooms and general loot improvement) and for me it also boils down to the *new web. The first web they had post-rework was fine.

Yeah alright. It’s way easier to get sat on doing the new CD in a normal group the activating the old CD early from my experience.

Priest Honestly I think priests are in a fine place right now. I didn’t play much in the group blob meta but it sounds extremely dull. Like I said, for the most part this isn’t really a team game. Best suited for small groups, where priest is still decent for healing

Invisible YES GODDAMN IT

Re slowed, and sick, and other nerfs like weak, dazed, armour break, quiet. They all work by zeroing a stat, and there are two arguments for doing it this way.

First the balance of the game. In O2’s chase phase e.g. you want everyone going the speed of O2. With armour break you want players to deal with having no DEF – the Nest boss’s armour break phase where you have to dodge. With sick if it’s unavoidable it again forces players to dodge.

The other reason is to challenge players. You have a Knight with 80 DEF? See how you cope with it zeroed by AB. You have a priest with who can chain heals? Try doing that when sick, or quieted. You have 80 SPD? Not when slowed you don’t.

Remember the Puri (and Geb tome) nerf? I think it’s precisely because of this. Players were using them to routinely nullify player nerfs, rendering many enemies ineffective, making it impossible to balance combat. Now though designers can use a nerf and be sure it affects almost everyone (except e.g. those who can self-purify, or TP to overcome being slowed)

I do not record videos. But as BaconSM mentioned: getting slowed in CD is common. And as I was slowed I could not run away fast enough (I could have nexus’ed, but it looked for me as the spider wasn’t directly sat on me - but I was wrong.)

I really like the new CD, just don’t like it as a melee (Acidified Assassin) - it’s very melee-unfriendly.

It takes strategy, much more than before where the only strategy was “break all the eggs first”. Now you need to choose their order more carefully, especially as their positions and which you do last varies.

It’s pretty easy with 'Sin though. he has only 40k HP, 10k x 4 phases, once for each egg you break to make it vulnerable. That’s about 10 poisons per phase, which you can lob from as far back as you need to.

For the eggs if one of the eggs near the door is the wrapped one I start with one at the far side, as that means I can reach the second egg easily between his sweeps of the room. That’s his scariest phase, the last two eggs are much easier once you know how he moves.

With slow, I agree that in most situations it would be better to have a percentage decrease. I would love it if that is what slow was, but then the current slow turned into a different debuff called “fight or flight” or something. It allows for more precise movement, dodging things that normally would not be possible.

I think the O2 chase phase of a perfect example of using slow well. He shoots dense shots at the nearest player, who will eventually have to weave between them or else get backed into a wall. The only reason it is possible (not necessarily easy) to do this without taking damage is because the slow effect allows for extreme precision.

I would love to see this utilized more often and have really intense bullet-hell phases of bosses where everyone is silenced and slowed. Most instances of slowed, though, I’d be fine replacing them with a percentage decrease.

With slow, a lot of people are arguing on why setting it to 0 is better than by percentage, and vice versa.

I definitely think that there should be 2 different debuffs. One that sets speed to 0, and one that decreases it by a %. This gives more variability in the game because it’s not always just slowed, and you don’t have to change existing phases to accommodate the changes to slowed, because another debuff exists to slow, but not to the degree of slowed.

I apply the same logic for sick. Makes sense that fucking dammah, a literal fucking endgame boss can create miasma strong enough to stop your character from healing, but stepping into poop water and it doing the same thing is kind of… weirdchamp.

An interesting idea. It deals with one of my points, as it still lets developers apply SPD=0 when its needed, but be less aggressive at other times.

It does bring its own problems though. It’s extra work designing, in particular going through existing dungeons adapting them to use it. It’s even worse for players who need to know not only which enemies inflict slow but which sort of slow, and need to learn how to play at three speeds, their normal speed and two sorts of slow.

And developers already have ways to moderate slow. They can vary how long it lasts, directly with a cooldown and indirectly by with tiles that slow covering different sized areas. You can have unavoidable slow shots but they are rare, normally there’s some way to avoid being slowed, at least for some classes.

Honestly this is kinda confusing mostly because I can’t tell if you’re talking about “walls” that look like “objects” or things that “block players” in general. Like Shatter’s walls or Tome’s towers etc.

However, I do think that Cem’s 6th could have destructable graves rather than actual blocking ones. We’ve seen them in Esben and I don’t think implementation of that sorts would be too bad.

I don’t have an opinion on this.

I do have a lot of opinion on this though.

Sewers is not only an annoying dungeon for later players, but it is absolutely BRUTAL for newer players.
There are 3 major reasons to why this Dungeon sucks.

• Layout (Including Toxic Water)
  • Enemies
  • Significance to the game
Layout

Layout
Sewers, out of every dungeon has the most deceiving layout. It looks very open but all the room you have is basically 4 squares wide platforms. (Granted this is very generous as compared to old Sewers, but that doesn’t means that Sewers is a good dungeon.) While you always have access to crossing the sewer waters, it completely does not help at all.

Then you have the “Rushing Water”. The way its implemented is so annoying. Like if instead of the regular water/canal of water that we have platforms to avoid, they could make it rushing. But they just had to deticate an entire room to this really annoying gimmick. It wasn’t fun in sprite world, but at least it isn’t always 1 way. While yes Sewer’s tries to use walls and some platforms that you can stand on to protect you… The Mage throws 3D Bombs. Keep all of these in mind when I start talking about the enemies

Enemies

The Enemies
The main 4 enemies that cause problems.
NOTE THAT I AM VIEWING THESE ENEMIES FROM A NEW AND CAUTIOUS PLAYER PERSPECTIVE
Not all the points I made here are suppose to be relatable for the more skilled.

Goblin Brute
480 total damage, charges at players and instantly kills or pulls out melee classes from the fight. Projectiles cover a huge portion of the map and travel quite far. I don’t really need to say much. Oh and GL if those things flank and target the ranged classes.

Goblin Sorceror
The silence fired from this enemy is honestly extremely annoying, especially if you’re in an area where you have to walk in sewer water or rushing water. The 3d bombs also end up scaring new players a lot since almost all 3d bombs prior to this has packed a punch. Medusa’s 150 bombs. Stheno’s 100. Oryx 1’s 220 and thats really about it. And then we have this little fucker shooting 50 bombs and its the most threatening looking but pathetic thing ever. The only thing that tops that is Rock Dragon’s laser beans looking like 400 damage shots when they do 150. Less than 1 orb from the Guard Pillars in Avatar.

Natural Slime god
Slow in a dungeon that already slows you with water. Do I need to say more?

Sewer Yellow Slime
Do you like being at a safe distance while contributing? Well now you can’t cos this little shit’s area denial it fires so fast that the dungeon literally made an enemy to block ranged classes from progressing. Actually basically any class cos no max def.

these 4 are the primary enemies that make Sewers so much more difficult. You can include the alligator as well but he isn’t enough of a threat for me to put it here. Enemies that almost no other dungeon prior has introduced “properly” and most of the time all of them just stack into 1 clusterfuck. Not to mention that THEY ARE NOT SLOWED BY WATER BUT WE ARE.

Significance to the Game

Significance to the Game
To understand, we first have to talk about how new players treat this dungeon along with the rest of the maxing process. The big problem is that in early-game. Defense is a REALLY IMPORTANT stat. Late-game and experienced players don’t need defense as much. They have spare WC Tops that automatically make things easier, they can dodge much better and they know what would kill them and what wouldn’t. New players on the other hand don’t have anything and they are as fragile as you can think of it. How many times have u seen a fresh 20 get popped by O2 not knowing that its out of their skill.

To Clarify, Speed IS the most important stat no matter what. But Defense ultimately makes the game easier by a lot for newer players. Defense is the most important stat outside of Speed. And it drops from the most hardest and annoying dungeon out of all 6 main stat dungeons. Granted Puppet is easily more annoying but A: It is not reconstructed and B: There are many alternatives to attack, it drops very often outside of Puppet and Manor is an alternative anyways.

And for those who say that “Sewers is worth it”. Look at Abyss. 1 Vitality for a dungeon that basically takes just as long as Sewers. Never gets T room, and Vitality isn’t even as important as defense early-game and for new players. Abyss is harder to rush but easier to clear. The enemy design are designed that its fair for both rang
ed and melee classes and even the lava isn’t even an issue. Its my personal favorite dungeon

In Comparison to the Abyss
Abyss has a layout is a lot more open.
Abyss has enemy types are carefully chosen to be a mixed of enemies that players can easily get used to.
Abyss is a really good gateway to learning in rotmg. Its by far the most fair dungeon in terms of dungeon design.

(Honestly if I missed something or at 1 point I derailed please tell me. I am not a forum person, I’m more of an active arguer so the moment I condense everything in 1 post like this and go so in depth I’m scared I might give off the wrong impressions/opinions and I’m also too tired to continue saying how bad Sewers still is. Its the only dungeon that got reconstructed that is 4/10 on my opinion. Sprite world being the second best at 5.5/10 for how annoying it is to run.)

Honestly from the few O3 runs I’ve done. Sick is quite brutal especially when you just want to take a breather.

…Just rush for yourself then? It clearly says that you don’t need to help of other players. Maybe for the epic dungeons but at the same time, you can still find those enemies that drop it and just not call it out. There are alternatives and if you don’t choose those alternatives then u just gotta live with it. Its gonna suck that shit like this happens but I think it is possible to somewhat help situation. Even though in my opinion this change is obsolete since it is your choice of calling out T. There could be a system where it marks the first place entering the room as “the discoverer” and give extra loot chances.

In my opinion, rushing does help in terms of maxing. I mean nobody here enjoys the process of maxing after the first time and if there’s someone good enough to skip everything it’ll be great. Eventually those people might even start getting good and rushing themselves.

High Contrast bullet colours would become quite problematic for O3 or LH where each colour represents something as compared to bullet hells. In bullet hell, a bullet is a bullet. In rotmg, a bullet can exist just to inflcit a status, a bullet can deal big boi damage. A bullet can do basically nothing. A bullet can be… weird. Just look at the shithole that is Tome’s bosses and you’ll see how stupid colours get. But yeah I have to admit. Gemsbok’s coins do fire some bright coloured gems which are outright hard to see along with the white background and Lecuoryx’s dark phase has dark purple shots along with a dark blue ground. So I have to agree with you on this.

With this I also want to add on about how messy fights can get and just “focus” in general. The vultures in Beisa are so hard to notice when there are 9 enemies shooting constant streams. And just visual representation in general. They do quite a good job in it with O3 where green shots indicate Sick etc. But I still think some of these can be further improved on

Honestly yeah. Ddocks has been buffed quite hard. All the enemies are like O3 standard but just hit less hard. Then theres the crab which are instant-nexuses for most people. Worst part is that its the epic dungeon for Speed and Dex… and its the HARDEST. I totally agree with you that Ddocks is stupidly hard as compared to Wlab.

I don’t really have an opinion on these 3. I don’t do Cdepths enough just cos of how hard the boss is compared to the rest of the dungeon. Priest falls under a weird spot for me because they don’t really play as significant of a role of healing unless you’re doing something as risky like lava walking (I guess?) and I don’t play Rogue like at all. The only one time was doing it for fun and when invisible a drunk firemage walked into me and shotgunned me. Best laugh I’ve had from a death from how stupid it was.

I feel like this thread might be better named “list of complaints I have because I am easily enraged”. most of these boil down “x is stupid”, “y shouldn’t happen”, and “I really hate z”.

objects: I don’t think they should be removed, but I do think they should block enemy movement as well since they can currently walk through them no problem. this removes any value they could offer as cover since most enemies move towards you.

slowed: no opinion. it only exists that way because all the og status debuffs are “set x to 0”.

sick: fundamentally there’s nothing wrong with it because it has the ability to force you to rethink your current approach by making every hit count against you. the problem is in its application, it isn’t ever used against you with that goal in mind. it’s simply slapped on anything that needs to suddenly be threatening. also the fact that you genuinely didn’t care about this extremely nasty debuff before the puri nerf says to me that the puri nerf was justified.

rushing: suppose there’s some person who lacks the experience and/or the stats to rush a dungeon. they’ve entered the dungeon first with the intent to clear it out. then you storm in, rush the dungeon, and nab the loot bonus for yourself because you rushed. now you’re the asshat. basically there’s no good system when you’ve got these kinds of players: if you reward “effort” then the people who are maxed out already will trump everyone else for loot, but if you don’t then you get the current situation. both involve assholes being assholes but at least this way newer people can still get something.

colors: now this one is valid, and an easy way to implement it would be to just add bright bullet borders. should require little to no effort.

priests: they are/were a major cornerstone of the “invincible dps mob” meta, which means that nerfs were both justified and entirely unwanted. another lose-lose scenario.

invisible: a leftover nerf from many years ago back when rogues were genuinely overpowered. this is actually related to why the quiet bombs in oryx’s castle are there in the first place, they were added along with this nerf to slow down people rushing all the way to the end and killing the guards before most people could catch up. this alone didn’t stop it because people learned to rush with other classes but it stopped rogues from doing so effortlessly. these days with hp scaling, dramatically more durable walls, mob mentality, and other significant meta shifts such a thing may not be as necessary anymore. this doesn’t justify it, just explains it. you did ask why.

sew/ddocks/cdepths: haven’t seen the reworks so I can’t say which way it leans, but ultimately it’s just another example of what needs to be done not being the same as what the players wanted. anything that requires effort will be ignored in favor of things that either don’t require effort or give better drops. lotta players think they care about skill and getting good at the game, but they really just care about those delicious reward chemicals your brain leaks out when it sees loot and they’ll maximize the the ability to feel it whenever they can. it’s been proven a bazillion times now you don’t need a raiding discord to beat LH, but the vast majority of players do it anyway because it’s faster and easier. more loot for less effort. what you’re describing sounds like more effort but the same loot as before, which no one in this environment likes even though it’s what the game needs to not be an alternative to sleeping pills.

To be fair, you can summarize all complaints like that.

And this is probably the sole complaint I have with the current state of the game’s player-base, and what’s pushed me to running in small groups or solo. It can even go farther than just the “not requiring effort” part sometimes; there are certain dungeons where people will do the exact same thing or travel the exact same path quite even having a reason why, and sometimes get upset if it’s questioned.

Forget the toxicity (which exists everywhere in gaming, even at some of the alarming levels you can see in Rotmg; you could get in legal trouble for saying what I’ve heard some people utter -.-), I feel like there’s far too many people turning a blind eye to addiction. Repetitive habits, gambling, getting bored, and more often than not, becoming a worse person because they’re bored so they can feel some stimulus from the reactions of others. There’s a reason I love hanging out with newbies.

yea, its annoying that that drops def is the one you want the most def for -_-, and tbh the slowing tiles just hurts me inside when I try to run through on low lvl chars. The stacked shots aren’t much of a problem, unless you’re rushing and hit a dead end. If you’re getting stack shotted from minions because of slowing tiles, then just clear the enemies before running through? its not hard, but I can relate since impatience makes you wanna run through without clearing.