Literally Gamebreaking

So I logged into steam.

Went to RotMG for the first time in a while.

And saw this.

Look at the date the DLC was added.

Why the hell is it from 1969.

Literally unplayable as a result smh cuz they didn’t have internet in this form back then so the game won’t load me in and it’s OBVIOUSLY the cause of my account in use errors.

For real the picture isn’t doctored in any way, this is how it appears.

is your computer clock set right?

Yes.

I can’t believe it’s been almost 50 years since this game came out. Wow! Time flies when you’re having fun!

probably doesn’t help but

No this was helpful. It makes sense too.

If the code can’t find a value for the constructor that tells it to turn the int into a date, it will then turn to the default constructor to avoid any errors. The default constructor is set to that date, 12/31/1969 for whatever reason.

Perhaps it was deemed that a new regulation for dates in computers was to be set in 1970, which is around the right time for when the computer age would start booming. Therefore there was a necessity to have a value stored for date which could be added to in your system.

This “start date” for digital time would have not been touched since because it’s probably dug so deep into the code for any infrastructure it would be a waste of time to change it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.