LOD - Floor tiles bug for Nikau (Blue Dragon)

Hi everyone, I’ve discovered a bug for Nikau after the latest update to Patch X.33.1.0

Floor tiles do not load correctly during the egg phase for Nikau.
Usually they reach all the way up to the eggs in each of the four corners and around the dragon (excluding middle) however now they don’t reach the eggs and are just around the dragon. This makes it problematic when doing the red dragon first as the water is now a lava type surface which inflicts damage.

Out of the two LOD’s i’ve done post update, both have shown the same issue when doing dragons in order Red then Blue. I’ve not attempted in any other order as of yet.

Weird LoD
[Forum Game] Paste whatever's on your clipboard!

Hi Yahya.

I’ve seen this happen a lot of times, such as during events (by a lot I mean 40+ times), even before Exalt was a thing. We joked that it was “hard mode” whenever we saw it happen. These would have been in the USE2 nexus type full dungeons that I saw it.

Some people thought it was due to server lagging, causing some glitch at the exact moment the tiles were supposed to spawn.

I haven’t done a Lod since this update, so can’t comment on whether it’s always happening now. Would be interesting to see if it’s just your current server misbehaving.

Thanks Nevov i had no idea it occurred before Exalt.
It’s quite tricky to kill those eggs soo close to the boss with a tiny group but doing blue first may help as a temporary workaround so you don’t have to deal with the lava water.

Just saw it in EUW2 with a 2 person Lod, so yes I guess that means it’s not the same occasional bug as before but something worse.

I’ve had this happen in like 4 LoDs now, usually everyone leaves the party after it happens lol.
There’s a safespot still at the bottom-middle as long as you do Nikao first or second.
I would really advise not doing Pyrr first if this is a problem. I’ve seen it shrink the dungeon from 20 to 6 players pretty fast.

They should also fix the bug where for a second it removes the corner ground when the ring is expanding. That bug has been around foreever but it seems now it has evolved

Maybe related? This latest update has also seen the return of Janus’s disco floor tiles bug, where the red tiles stay after the phase is over:

I noticed that too. It usually freezes like that when Janus dies.

Also, here’s a screenshot of the Nikao bug I took just now. (The order was Red>Green>Blue)

Genuinely hope they don’t change this, this part of the fight is way too boring and just revolves around sitting in a corner waiting for Nikao to come to you.

Absolutely not. First you have to kill the minions in order to advance to the next phase which for one is incredibly difficult for a melee. Second, under normal circumstances, unless you do Nikao first, those four corners are the only areas that are relatively safe, and even then you still have to constantly dodge (If you do Nikao 3rd, you have to dodge more frequently). Lastly, it is not part of the dungeon’s original design and is very much accepted as a bug, there should be no reason a “bug” becomes a feature simply because some people want a challenge.

Screenshot%20(147)
The water never split to let us go to the corner or reach the eggs. I mean, there were enough people that it didn’t matter, but still, very weird.

That happens for me like 50% of the time, is it something to do with doing pyrr first?

This has been a bug for a while now, I think it’s about time someone reports it to r/ExaltBeta

This is a frustrating bug. The LoD dungeon is already pretty low on most players’ lists because of the time-reward ratio, but this bug will pretty much empty any LoD of semi-interested players.

This is just plain wrong. It is still challenging with the platforms, and you are simply misinformed about waiting around. You have to break the eggs and clear minions.

Aye, this is due to something they mentioned a while back, somewhere in the patch notes. It’s related to some server tick tinkering they’ve been doing in attempts to optimize some parts of gameplay - with some oddities as a result, such as the Crystallized Lizard’s crystals not being a perfectly straight line, or some of the Stone Guardian’s attack patterns being just a tiny bit off.

One rarer variant of this bug was also encountered by @HorusKane:

…wherein the arena didn’t even shrink properly.

Ah, turns out it was from the 2nd Q&A session:

pretty annoying bug, prevents most players from clearing LOD due to the second to last phase of nikao being quite stat-checky due to the shot pattern (essentially your going to get hit no matter what.)

for smaller group doing nikao first also isn’t an option. as pyrr tends to buff the remaing dragons to most if not cleared first. this can leave the group at the mercy of RNG, hoping the altar won’t choose the next dragon, as this can essentially cause a failed run,

prehaps deca can temporarily disable the RNG aspect of LOD dragon choices until this is fixed? i know that system is in place so players can’t always do the same order and to shift things up a bit but it feels real crappy to get placed in an unwinnable situation.

Me and allies have been trying to force blue first every time, aiming for Blue-Red-Green-Black, since this bug started. Even did a duo of this today (wiz+samurai).

That order ends in a very similar feeling Ivory fight to Red-Blue-Green-Black, the Ivory arena isn’t much different (water instead of lava) major difference is getting armour break shots everywhere instead of slow, but that might be even nicer because blue 2nd giving slows to all the later dragons can really put you at risk when Green/Black/Ivory are chasing around.

You’re right if Altar intervenes tor 2nd or 3rd it can make it a bit weird, but I think it’s still better than Black or Green first which both make Ivory a lot harder (IMO). Everyone has their own preferences ofc and it’s been a while since I did Blue first and then not Red 2nd, so I might have a blind spot for something horrible in the fights.

i should clarify. with a smaller group i meant a smaller public group. these people vary in skill and often about 75% of the group nexuses by the time you get to the 3rd dragon. i honestly cant get my friends or guildies to help me as none are interested in LOD’s.

for them doing red first is paramount, as they would much rather deal with lava on the floor, than armour-breaking or piercing shots. however this can lead up to the altar screwing you over and choosing Feargus second. (which is an automatic nexus, as that adds a load of pet-statising shot the the problem phase of nikao.)

it really just comes down to the bug, making Nikao a hassle for every one. and it changes the LOD meta in an arbitrary way. so again DECA, i ask of you to temporarily disable LOD RNG, this dungeon already suffers from low-player count, disappointing white bag drops (the 3 armors) and tedious gameplay which makes most endgame player ignore this dungeon in favour for literally anything else.

(btw, you know that ivory tries to circle you during chase phase right? drag him up to a wall and watch him wiggle till he advances to the next phase.)

Ah no I didn’t! Thanks for that info will bear it in mind.

Actually, I believe Ivory uses a standard Follow behavior, until he’s close, when he starts circling. Probably.
In addition, however, said Follow behavior uses a param that makes it predictive - something that the Blobombs also have. It’s why they move with your when you move to the side, and why Ivory is extra tricky to properly kite.