Looting Tombs With Priest: CM Noob Question 6

Hello,

I am just wondering for this Tomb weekend whether I’d be able to get loot with my priest in pubic tombs? I’m not sure as they’re usually so crammed… would I be better off with one of my other classes?

A part of me is leaning towards Archer with Dbow and Elvish, but I don’t really understand the stats or whether it’s a good idea. Any help appreciated as always.

Thanks!

<3 CM

MotMG 2018 Discussion Thread (the anointed MEGATHREAD)
Tomb of the Ancients Chest Event [Aug 17th to Aug 21st]

Dbow archer would be your best bet imo. Bosses are armored and have artifacts a ton of the time anyway. You need something with high damage and piercing, and dbow works perfectly for that.

What about the assassin? Your poison will take care of sb, all you need to do is spam it. The archer with a dbow is a good choice too.

Is my poison good enough in your opinion?

<3 CM

I just jumped in one with Thousand Shot, next one Dbow for sure…

<3 cm

Your poison is fine, however a plague might just be better because it covers a wider range and can easily damage all bosses at once.

press assassin and press spacebar wtf
its gonna be dirty anyways so who cares :^)

These Pub Tombs are simply too packed to get loot in now…
I got a Prot and Sphinx, then did 14 Tombs with no drops…
Imma just wait for private tombs…

CM

already better than 90% of us all :^)

Leaf bow is a better idea on Bes than dbow, bosses dont lose invulnerability for too long and if u just hold shoot u might miss a whole cycle cus of cooldown/the time it takes for projectile to hit target.
I hope we all agree that the only one that matters is Bes.
Assasin is only good if you can hit the murky in the 1 sec window (or even less) when boss can take dmg,
Reef is meh as it takes time and bes is armored meaning 100 def (200 dmg per hit)

About plague do you really think that single plague with 500 dmg will net you sb? also 1.5 sec throw time.

Lack of piercing? let others take care of that simple, Besides artifacts become vulnerable before bosses do.

Im speaking from experience in 80 man tombs which i did quite a few today.

You sound like you know what you are doing… what would you recommend me to do rn in these packed tombs?

CM

Focus bes from the safer angle maximizing your range. Remember boss aims at the person that is the closest. Only if you/others fail to paralyze and they stack youll have to switch to piercing weapon.
Most of the time Nut/Geb will be focused by some people yet always watch your angles.
Hide behind pillars to avoid weak shots at the start - you get hit your sb chance is gone.
Do not go greedy - this kills most people.
Fight is not over until all artifacts are dead - too many 8/8’s popped this way.
Also hunt for dex tint - any possible increase to dps increases your chances for sb.
Other than this all i can say is Good Luck.

Firstly, thank you. The depth and clarity of your explanation is appreciated.

I took your advice, but with Thousand Shot (no Leaf Bow) and still no luck… instead of starting on Bes, should I go for Geb or Nut first?

Thanks again!

CM

Would suggest geb if you really care about loot. SInce no ST’s drop form chest the only way to get geb tome and whatever drops from it sure. Even better cus you wont be sticking with main group which always goes for bes reduces frane lag and thus possible death.

@moderators

Pls lock, my prayers have been answered again.

<3cm

Sb is so hecking low for whites in tombs, just hit the boss at least once and you’re put in an rng drawing

If that was really the case I would have gotten prot long before spending 13 hours trying to get one. All boosted btw.

But it is the case

Nice cdirk

Just before the lock, do know that with larger Tombs, loot is seriously scarce.
Or you’re unlucky. I’ve done my fair share of pub tombs, some with capable, others less capable chars. Usually 0, sometimes 1, a few, few 3. And a Prot I lost in the 30 seconds it was inside ny inv.
Thousand Shot and DBow are your best bets, though Leaf isn’t bad if you can seperate Bes from the others!