Losing soulbound when an enemy heals?

Does an enemy healing take away soulbound damage in anyway? I always wondered at stone guardians if hitting the one that healed was a waste of time.

Stone guardian sb dmg

I started writing a reply then realised I have absolutely no idea.
:thinking:

I guess I’ve just always killed the thing with doing as much dmg as possible anyway, so mightn’t affect me much, since I’d still try to do max dmg, and let sb take care of itself.

But now, I want to know!

Too true man. I’m not sure if anyone has really thought about it much or tested it.

I don’t think it takes away your sb though it may explain why i cant get loot at the statue thingies.

Unrelated question: Janus heals right? I noticed him going back to full every time during a solo.

The balls heal him when they move towards him - so you need to take them down.

I feel like Ruthven does if he hits you but for enemies that actually heal without hitting I’m not sure.

one thing that i knew is penta only give you loot in the last cycle. if you already kill 1 in 1st cycle and they respawn, your chance of loot is reset

I second this. The most noticeable example that I thought of wasn’t Stone Guardians, but rather sarcs. Since SB thresholds are based on a percentage of HP, technically an infinite number of players can qualify on the sarcs. More importantly, I sometimes see people damaging the sarc to no effect instead of killing the priests. Selfish, yes, but does it work?

I’m almost certain there is another topic on here but I’m not on a computer, send help pls.

A way we could test it:

1. Warrior does SB on sarc.
  2. Sarc heals to full.
  3. Knight kills sarc, warrior does not hit sarc after it fully heals.

Should be tested on minimum 10-20 sarcs to see if the warrior gets anything. Or test it with statues in a duo realm.

Seems to reverse the soulbound at the Stone Guardians. I think that Bilgewater and Lord Ruthven could be a different case. This requires further investigation…

2-3 should be enough, after the warrior got loot once we have a sure answer.

It could be as simple as the game “adds” a player name whenever they reach the sb X amount, and so with a healing enemy, it really could keep adding more and more names, until the enemy dies.

With possibility that if the enemy ever gets back up to its initial top HP value, the sb names table gets cleared back to empty.

SB threshold is a % of max hp

Max hp doesnt change when the guy heals, so it should be fine. The enemy only becomes capable of letting more players surpass the threshold

We tested it with my friend on constructs once. He did half damage to each, then allowed them to heal back to full hp, then I killed all of them. He got an attack and a pbag from two of them. So my guess it works the same with all healing enemies (including tomb bosses). The other thing which makes me think that it’s true is that it would require too much additional coding to recalculate and reset sb damage for all players after healing, I doubt Kabam would do that.

Note that it doesn’t work with a Pentaract because its towers don’t heal, they respawn. If a tower respawned, it technically became a new enemy entity with new max hp buffer and it resets sb which was dealt to a previous tower. Source: I finished a solo Pentaract which had all towers almost at 0 hp. I respawned all of them first and then killed it normally, I got some potions.

You speak with conviction. How can you be so sure?

Soulbound threshold could be a percent of the total damage dealt to an enemy. In the cases of non healing enemies, the total damage dealt is equal to the max health of the enemy, but not so in the case of healing enemies.

If the soulbound threshold is based on total damage received by the enemy, there could be a scenario where: first, I deal just enough damage to reach the soulbound threshold while the enemy is not healing; second, the enemy heals to full health; third, the enemy dies with no more damage from me other than the damage I did in the first part of the scenario. This way, my damage is not past the soulbound threshold even though I did more than the supposed percent damage of the enemy’s max health.

I’m not saying you’re lying, you probably have a good reason to say soulbound threshold only take max health into consideration.

I can’t tell much about my resources, non disclosure agreement and all that.

However, I did just recheck. Turns out my memory is poor. It is actually percentage of all the damage dealt, not of maxhp

[quote=“Mrunibro, post:13, topic:10632”]
SB threshold is a % of max hp
[/quote] ^noob

O3 Soulbound

So, that answers it then? You can, after all, lose your soulbound damage when an enemy heals.

@Werbenja pls explain the unscientific part of this experiment.

The biggest problem I see with it is that we don’t know the soulbound threshold for Bilgewater. @GHZD used a warrior to test it and, for all we know, he could have gone way past the threshold, to the point where the damage he dealt is still within the percent of total damage dealt the threshold dictates, even with the trickster dealing much more damage in the whole fight.

It is kinda weird, because in the first instance of the experiment, where there was only GHZD and a trickster, Dreadstump was healed a lot, maybe more than his max health. But to really disprove the myth, we would first need to find out the exact souldbound threshold of Dreadstump and then repeat what was done in the video as many times as possible.

But in the end, it isn’t unscientific. He had a theory and he went out to test it, run of the mill science to me. I just think he overlooked a few issues and his conclusion might have suffered because of that.

If sb is a % of total damage dealt, as @Mrunibro asserts,

Then for any enemy where the healing is continuous (eg. Bilgewater, tomb bosses), you’d need to be aware of potentially dropping beneath the sb threshold due to the healing going on longer than expected.

Example: you do 20,000 dmg soloing Geb in a dirty tomb. 20,000 out of 90,000 being over 20%.

You think “Oh 20% I’ll be fine” so you go afk in another room and wait for the others to finish off the tomb. But the group is really bad, and Nut gives Geb a ton of heals, meaning Geb doesn’t take 90,000 dmg to die, but 150,000.

Now your dmg is 20,000 out of 150,000, less than 15%, not the 20% you originally thought you’d done.