Lost Crystal Set (Alternative Paladin ST)

Made an alternative ST set for the Paladin called the Lost Crystal Set. Other than the Phylactery Mystic Set, this is the only ST Set not themed on a dungeon enemy.

Crystal Claymore

kOCrH4w

A destructive sword with the combined powers of ice and crystal.

Tier: ST

Shots: 2

Damage: 150-170

Range: 4 tiles

Rate of Fire: 70%

Speed : Lifetime: 200 : 200 (fast speed)

Stat Bonus: +3 WIS

Special Properties: Wavy Shots, Shots Pierce

Fame Bonus: 5%

Feed Power: 800

Drops From: Lord of the Lost Lands

When the whole set is worn, the shot sprite changes to this:

With two fast-moving piercing shots, this sword is great for clearing enemy groups quickly. Its safe 4 tile range is useful for Paladins who don’t have much DEF. Not great against certain enemies, but does find multiple uses in the game.

DPS Graph

Creator's Note

I mean, there’s an Enchanted Ice Blade and a Crystal Sword. What was I supposed to name it?

And about the shots, I know, I copied them from the St. Nicholas Blade and Oryx’s Greatsword. They were the best I got, okay? Don’t judge.

Enchanted Crystal Seal

A crystallized seal crafted and enchanted for the safety of the paladins.

MP Cost: 110

Cooldown: 7 sec (Total Duration + 2 sec)

Range: 3 tiles (radius) / 6 tiles (diameter)

Effect: +8 DEF and Slow to self (3 sec), +150 Max HP to all (5 sec)

Stat Bonus: +3 SPD

Fame Bonus: 5%

Feed Power: 800

Drops From: Crystal Prisoner

A Seal that focuses on pure safety with a rather high mana cost. It finds its uses during both solo and groups when the extra safety is necessary. Be sure to have a tiered Seal as a swap-out in case you need to focus more on DPS.

Vitreous Frost Armor

A rib-like armor crafted from near-unbreakable ice enchanted with a magical aura.

Stat Bonus: +25 DEF, +30 MP, +3 SPD, -9 ATT

Fame Bonus: 4%

Feed Power: 600

Drops From: Lord of the Lost Lands

This armor gives MP, SPD, and a lot of DEF for the setback of a whopping -9 ATT. It is possible to negate this by using a Seal that gives Damaging.

Rime Circlet

A magical crystal of the arctic winds set on a tiara of ice.

Stat Bonus: +50 HP, +50 MP, +5 DEF, +5 WIS

Fame Bonus: 4%

Feed Power: 500

Drops From: Crystal Prisoner

A balanced ring that provides safety with HP and DEF, and ability usage with MP and WIS. This ring is especially good with abilities that cost high amounts of mana, like the Forbidden Crystal Seal.

Equipment Bonuses: +50 HP, +80 MP, -9 ATT, +30 DEF, +6 SPD, +8 WIS

Set Bonuses: +50 HP, +20 MP, +4 ATT, +4 DEF, +3 SPD, +4 WIS

Total Bonuses: +100 HP, +100 MP, -5 ATT, +34 DEF, +9 SPD, +12 WIS

Once all of the equipment are worn, the character’s sprite will change to the Lost Crystal Paladin.

Sprites

Transitions

Dye Example

Creator's Note

Sorry for not creating the back and side sprites. Takes too long.

As always, feedback is really important to me. All criticism are welcome!

The outlining for the sprites are sort of weird, so sorry about that. It’s been happening for all of my sprites lately, and I don’t know how to fix it. If you have any solutions, they will be appreciated. The steps on how I create my sprites are below.

1. Go to piskelapp.com and click “Create Sprite” (I don’t log in)

2. Set the canvas size to 34 by 34 (32x32 for the sprite itself, but I add the extra space for outlining)

3. Draw with space on the outside

4. Add the outlining in the extra space

5. Click “Export” and “Download”

I don’t know if it’s my computer, the tool, or something I’m doing.

thats honestly what i do

this is one hell of a set, but as much as want to see this ingame i think the overall stats are a bit too high, you’re getting a sword that is not even half bad i would totally main, an armor that is a better dominion, a seal that is basically god in a bottle (but slow xd) and a rigged expo, and then you’re getting 80hp 30mp 5att def 3spd 4 wis on top of all that, maybe a bit too much but would totally use any of these items even without a set.

not the ring tho.

HOLY SHIT THAT SWORD IS THICCCCCCCCC
also the seal kinda doesn’t look like anything

Made several edits to reduce the set bonuses a little bit and balance out the Seal. Thank you for the feedback!

ikr?

Lord of the Lost Lands already has a UT drop. Same with the armor.

Also, same with the ring and ability.

Okay…so?

Why this is so similiar to The Forgotten Sentinel from Shatters :thinking:

Dragon Warrior
Swarming Huntress
Hollow King Necro
Akuma Slayer

True, but he said dungeon enemy.

And Phylactery Bearer set is actually based on an enemy :sweat_smile:

why is he master bates

sword seems alright, not sure about its practicality though
seal is a little underpowered imo, mseal is probably better if you want to tank
armor is a bad dominion, even an acrop is better
ring is similar to an expo, nothing special but feels right with the set

sprite definitely needs work (and needs back/side animations)

Most ST sets that DECA has added to the game so far are mainly built with the template of two items being good, two items being decent with the rest of the set. With this the items can become swap outs; what you made is a set that has two items that can be used nonstop (the sword and armor) and a third that can be chosen to be used nonstop (the seal) depending on if you really don’t care about the dps reduction without damaging buff and just want survival chances increased. Currently the seal’s main con compared to the generic seal is the lack of damaging but the way I see it, this seal’s purpose is to be used in large groups like inside a lost halls or some other end game dungeon. With that being the case there’s almost a 100% chance of there being another paladin and even if you aren’t in a dungeon with another paladin, you’re just alone, this seal is still incredibly strong with it’s ability to just give you healing straight up and buff your defense. On top of the seal, there’s the armor. A chest piece with a defense matching the dominion armor but on top of that, has other stats. The loss of attack doesn’t matter much when it comes to survival and -9 attack isn’t going to do much when you’re soloing a dungeon, all it’s going to do is make the boss live longer. Basically what I’m trying to say is that this ST set is not balanced because it’s just a good set to wear when you’re doing dungeons with little to no people but it’s also really strong when you’re doing a dungeon with a lot of people, you just need one more paladin and you’re back to your normal high amounts of damage output. I think a way to fix this is doing what DECA did with the dragon tamer set which is putting some of the negatives on some of the strong items and moving some of the strong stats on the already strong items onto either the full set bonus or the ring. That way the paladin can’t just be using 1 broken item in the set with no downsides whatsoever and then the user is actually convinced into wearing it all or wearing none of it. Of course this is all opinion and if you want, you can just reply with the fact that you disagree. It won’t matter much to me, I just wanted to give my thoughts and my plans on how you might change this set if you even wanted to.

I based the sprites off of him.

why is thou think wrong?

Lol that was weird .
Well i can explain why i think its good briefly:
Sword is a dblade, that has 4 tiles true range, a bit slower fire rate, AND PIERCES.

Seal is a niech mix of gcockie and marble seal, it gets sort of a fraction from both. A heal and a def buff. But you know you cant get both those using a gcockie and a marble seal back to back without depleating your mana. So thats a cool tradeoff. Slow is …meh ;-;
Armor is a dominion with some speed. Mana. And a loss of attack. I’m not a damaging guy so unless i need dps (crys. Heroic observer. Shatters. Void) then attack doesnt matter

That sword looks cool and seems pretty strong, and I like how you included the word rime. It’s a neat sounding word that not a lot of people know about, much less use in speech.

might want to make sprites better and clearer, no offense trying to be given. if you want to keep it the same, plz give reasoning.

my thoughts
still have no idea about it but piercing is pretty good
seal is like gcookie and mseal had a disfigured child, not as good as either of them
you want both armored and hp buff, get a gcookie pally and an mseal pally
and that slow dont help much either
3 spd and 30 mp is worth less than 9 atk…
30 mp is pretty much worthless if you have a max uncommon mheal pet, and 3 (spd) < 9 (atk)
think crown (dps buff) vs gemstone (spd and mp)

You can’t tell me he doesn’t cuz the middle Is just shifting up and down