Lost Halls 2.0

Would be nice if it’s starts dropping what you actually need instead of duplicates, annoying

tfw you dc after getting to the first Rage of the Marble Colossus (: (: (: solo (: (: (: (: (: (:

just did a halls that made it all the way through to the end of the halls and then did a void

I still think the gold cores shouldn’t be a part of the “YOU WILL COME WITH ME” phase, there’s already a ton of stuff going on. at the very least, remove some of the cores or make them easier to kill, it took like 2 minutes due to having such a short window of opportunity to even hit them in the first place as they orbit past the lasers.

the void is nuts. it was challenging, yet fair, for the most part until we got to the part where he says “ALL UNDER MY CONTROL!”. suddenly we have to deal with the remaining void entity clones, normal and greater void shades all over the place, and then the real entity blasts our dinky little excuse for a platform with this absolutely massive deluge of gigantic high damaging shots. almost everyone died within 15 seconds, I died about 6 seconds after that, and the last person died or nexused shortly after. we had 15-20 people to start with, failure shouldn’t be that imminent or unavoidable with a group that large.

I would suggest doing one of the following:

• stop making minions once the void entity enters the clone phase, 4 void entities make a lot of projectiles on their own. it would also reduce bullet clutter when the main entity adds his own attacks to the battle.

• don’t make the main entity attack until all 4 clones are gone. this is actually what I thought was supposed to happen, but then I notice the entity chanting stuff and then there’s this huge wall of bullets headed right for me while I’m already struggling with the frantic melee trying to keep minions down and trying to hit clones. pretty much instant panic and dread.

• don’t make the clones attack on top of what’s already going on. this is probably the least attractive option since right before spawning them he says to brace yourselves for “the greatest battle for your puny little realm”, but it’s not all that different from colossus cores in the mbc fight.

I don’t think any of these will make it quite as easy as the current prod version. in the rare moments when there weren’t any minions to beat down the clones were still pretty sketchy, and it was plenty intense enough before the main entity started his barrage of death. I just can’t see the current version being reliably doable without a group the size of what’s already required for lh on prod, which kind of defeats the point of both hp scaling and nerfing all the minions and stuff. if 40 people are still required, then what was the point of all this?

I’ve done an almost complete Lost Halls clear here, and so, I do know what I’m talking about. Sort of.
So I’ll give my opinions on every group of enemies and the bosses I’ve fought.

Starting off, the Crusaders are a pain to deal with without piercing - dare I say impossible if they’re in the first room? - and even then, you need to very carefully make your path. Would be more doable if the Soldiers had less range, I’d say.

Next up, the Grotto Beasts are probably the most infuriating of all. The rats tend to get into other rooms, and are fairly difficult to track due to their erratic movement. Aside from that, the Blob keeps spawning bats, which makes it hard to easily go in and deal damage without dealing with them. Personally, I’d prefer it it stopped spawning stuff once it’s shrunk to its smallest size.

The Oryx Infantry is pretty okay and balanced. However, the minions can very easily catch you off-guard when the Commander spawns them. It’s happened multiple times that I got shotgunned by the Admiral while about 2-3 tiles away. Maybe make the Commander stand still for an extra second before spawning to make clear that something’s about to happen.

Finishing up, the Golems are pretty doable. The phases of the Tormented Golem are good, the increased size of the Golem of Fear’s circle is good… My only complaint would be the distance the Golem of Sorrow puts between you if you were a melee.

Seperately, the Spectral Sentry…or whatever they’re called once they’re in the Halls, is alright still. Managed to actually encounter and run away from it succesfully until it detonated once as Archer, so I see no problem.

As for bosses, the Agonized Titan’s new text is simply beautiful. Would be neat if it had some more, though. The usage of the (updated) Souls in the fight is also very nice.

The main boy, the Marble Colossus, is hard for sure. I’ll have to agree with @Xaklor that the first Rage (as I like to call it) is a bit too hard for the golden marbles to also exist there.

To finish up, the Cultists remain as doable as ever, even petless. If you have a healing Paladin with you, that is. Nothing wrong, except that Molek being able to spawn multiple demons is really annoying when in a small group. Ugh.

I can’t say a lot about the Void Entity since I’v’n’t been able to succesfully do one that didn’t immediately end in us being overwhelmed by Teen Bois, followed by me crashing slowly.

Weapon availability on testing w h e n

The amount of people who think they can rush this is starting to get really depressing
I have not yet done a successful LH

The cloak change is like removing the Juggernaut ability’s armour buff, and instead granting a lessened flat defence boost on use, so that it’s “better” in the event of encountering a paladin with a marble seal.

It reduces its utility, as you’re far more often either soloing, or simply not around a paladin, and so it feels like a misstep that was designed with the swarm-play of the Lost Halls in mind.

I wish to see the new item sprites

I agree–the argument that “it’s a buff if you’re near a pally” would work better if not for the fact that rogue is designed to be the most ‘solo class’ in the game.

I think I like the new attack increase rather than damaging, it is better to use in group situations making it fill in 2 niches (damage AND group situations)

The cloak is not really designed for solo play though. Even with damaging the invisibility duration and slow is not suitable for most solo situations

you should buff the omni’s hp+ and mp+ to around 100, i mean, its like the rarer and most wanted item in the game, you can make it better

I guess that’s fair.

Can’t comment because I don’t have the cloak but how is being slowed and cloaked in a group setting good? Even regular cloaking in groups is iffy given the amount of anti-roguing that goes on; never mind shorter duration + slower speed to dodge should someone walk behind you.

You wouldn’t care as much solo because nothings shooting, and you just want to get in more damage.

Welp, there goes one of our only two granted Void Bow and Quiver of the Shadows.
I got petrified while trying to go in for a phat quidshot; tried nexusing, but input lag.

Addition:

Argh. I got distracted by my father advising me to do other stuff more, and stood on a bomb thingy. Got to the first Golden Marble phase, alas.

EDIT 2: Oops didn’t mean to reply to you Seelpit. My bad. haha

All item buffs are excellent and make me actually want to do Halls.

Except… that Rogue is made for soloing. The already crappy cloak is even crappier now. The only time it makes sense to slow yourself is when you’re soloing and just want more DPS and with a 6 second cooldown IDK man this just seems like a change with the heart in the right place but ultimately makes me want the cloak less than I already did and I never wanted it.

Lost Halls 2.0 is great. My only complaint is that the boss’s last phase (last two phases?) are unnecessarily long. I’m talking about the chasing/paralyzing phases at the end where his shots are YELLOW then PURPLE. It’s less difficult than the phase before it (3 gold ball things, bullet hell, lasers, no down time) but just as long if not longer. It comes off as an annoying, not fun/challenging like the rest. Slight decrease in HP during that phase would be greatly appreciated.

Cultist is great. If Marble is left as difficult as it is then that leaves a route for lesser skilled, unmaxed, or petless players so they’re not completely left out.

Edit: Oops forgot to comment on Void. Void is a death wish. The longest I’ve had a group last even with a decent sized group (25+) was about 20 seconds? 25? Something like that? IDK maybe everyone there sucked and/or didn’t have a pet. I guess I have to wait until I get an invite from some “pro” groups out there to properly test it because it seems insane. I’m unsure how much DPS you need but there were so many minions so fast. It gets really overrun.

Now this is just an idea I’m throwing out there. What if Marble Seal gave a party Berserk instead of Damaging? As it stands I think it would be more helpful to the playerbase since Warrior helms have shit all range and never hit their targets (if you’re trying to, you have to predict where your friends are and buff there). Thoughts? :thinking:

me on every void run

" VOID BOW PLS RNGESUS "

Berserk and Damaging on a single class is too broken, even with the insane MP cost.
It just doesn’t work unu

Yet another failed solo. I got blinded a lot, and I can’t handle that at all. The 2 Golden Marble phase is just so difficult once those Rocks come flying by…

Cough mystic. I do agree that would be too OP tho.

Just like LHung said, Mystic already has that ability. Although I guess the difference is that Mystic doesn’t give the buffs to everyone around him.

Ehh, I completely disagree. Not only is the seal rare but the cooldown really deters abusing it. On top of that, how many players are really going to be able to abuse it in any fight that’s not stationary (like Forgotten Sentinel beginning and end)? Also on top of that, it’s really MP hungry. You just have to hit quite a few check marks to become “OP” and even then it’s at a high cost and would take skill to efficiently abuse it in battle. Also, as long as you have 2 players (warrior/pally) then your entire point of it being too OP becomes pointless.

You’re basically saying “In very few scenarios where very few players meets very specific conditions this change would make a solo Paladin too OP!” Which would affect the game negatively how? "Oh no, now paladins can solo the Crystal and Heroic Observer (even though a mystic can already and so can a warrior with a dex tinc or two). If they didn’t change the seal to Berserk they might have needed to call friends and I would’ve had time to get a csword!" It’s not really OP all things considered. It sounds OP but is it really? And let’s just say it is OP, again, is it going to ruin the game for anyone based on all the conditions?

I haven’t done very much in LH 2.0 testing, but uhh… does cultists not have the same issue from 1.0 of not being very clear when you can get SB? I mean, I’ve done like 15 cultists now and if I’m right at all when they combine and 4 followers spawn, malus cycles through 5 or so different attack patterns (up to and including that stupid powerful ice shotgun) and this is one of two moments to get sb, and the main one at that. To those who are slow to pick up on it/don’t realize how shitty the rls can be sometimes, however, it’s (was, if this has been fixed) pretty shitty to make you forsake your sb if you don’t shoot the followers instead of malus.

You guys have completely beaten lost halls to death, jesus. 2.0 has been in “development” for what, like a year now? When other games like Darza’s Dominion and Survived By (both in Unity) come out, I don’t see how Realm is going to compete. Sad, really.