Lost Halls 2.0

The update what i wait soo much to test , i love ! Spooky boi slow , Mario dont paralyze , Angry Sad and Spike bois now more attacks , Golem Summoner now moves , Oryx bois with more attacks…

I L O V E

I totally love the new LH but one thing about the MBC is so annoying, and that is the phase near end where he shoots those spinning paralyze shots and if you get hit, he jumps on top of you, instant killing you. I think that attack is pretty bad designed, you should have some way to dodge it even if you get paralyzed.

Overall though the fight against MBC was awesome.

The new purple void arena hurts my eyes and is a bit difficult to see the purple shots. Old one was better imo.

Any word on the sb thresholds?

Answered already^

Don’t know if this was brought up before.

Oryx Champion is invulnerable for WAY too long.

He’s a unique case. You don’t just wait him out, you have to get close to him in order to become vulnerable.

Really? That’s actually quite interesting, to say the least. That would have made my solo cult run so much faster.

You can also just “skip” him by only killing the minions once, although he does still shoot a bit

Just in case someone wonderd about the new map size. (No i didnt want to clear it, just had rly bad luck :smiley: )

In the current prod Lost Halls (as well as Nests), it is impossible for me to travel more than a few rooms without disconnecting, due to the how dungeon generation works I presume (and thus I have not done any lost halls or nests on prod).

I was able to complete an LH 2.0 on testing with almost no lag problems.

I streamed my playthrough of testing out Lost Halls 2.0, which I agree that many people (including me) have been waiting for this moment. I gotta say, it is a very good rework and I had a lot of fun attempting to solo.

The reason why I did more solo runs was because there were players opening keys in the Nexus. Trying to find a decent public group didn’t happen and all of the times (yes, all) people died very early on which led to a even smaller group, and you get the idea.

I joggled down any notes/feedback I had while doing the dungeon, and here’s what I have:

Lost Halls

1. Remove experience gained from the minions after they’ve spawned from the leaders.
    The “leaders” I’m referring to are the Tormented Golems, Oryx Admiral, and the Grotto Blob. The minions that spawn from these give experience when killed, which can create a form of abusing farming fame quickly.

2. The destructible pillar in the spawn room switches between being vulnerable and invulnerable quickly when standing next to it while invisible.
    As a rogue, standing next to the pillars after they’ve become vulnerable (while standing near it) and becoming invisible with the cloak, the invulnerability effect flickered during the duration. I don’t think this will be much of an issue in group runs, but seems to be a small bug.

3. A group of enemies can stand behind the spawn walls and surprise attack anyone standing next to it.

4. Lag creates stacked shots on the Marble Defender and forces players to fall all the way to the start.
    Here’s a clip as an example. You can see that the opening that would be possible to maneuver through contains stacked shots.

5. The Marble Colossus Rocks sometimes don’t blink red before exploding.
    This is annoying especially since the color of the rocks are similar to the floor, making it difficult to spot out if a rock will explode nearby. They freeze momentarily before exploding whether they’re blinking or not.

6. Marble Colossus Rocks can be seen migrating north as winter ends.
    On the phase on the Marble Colossus where he spawns 4 rocks, if there’s no player that the rocks can target, they move north west. Here’s a clip of an example. This seems to be a similar bug with enemies in general, seeing how Pentaract recorded him guiding ogres to the Promised Land.

7. There should be less rocks (the ones that target players) that spawn from the MBC. Either that or they should deal less damage.
    I haven’t tested this out in a group run, but seeing them in a solo run makes me wonder if players can grief others by activating the rocks in the path of the direction that the other players are heading in, mainly in the last phase where the players are crowded together.
    This does add the much needed difficulty to the dungeon, but I feel like it may be set too high especially for solo players. Then again, I’ve only encountered the last phase of MBC once so I’m not confident about this suggestion.

Other Testing Feedback

1. Making a character right after dying creates a login issue. When trying to log in again it says something about an internal error and I have to wait 10 minutes. This is probably just something related only on the Testing servers.
    I noticed during the two times that it happened to me that it occurred when I made the same class that I had died on, which in this case were both rogues. When I died later, I tried logging into a different class first then making a rogue which didn’t give any issues.

2. There is an internal error with eggs after opening 1 egg. This is solved when leaving and re-entering the Pet Yard.

I will end off by saying that the rework is looking awesome. This is the farthest I got doing the solo runs which I went in blind for every run (meaning I had no to little prior knowledge of what to expect).

Other enemies also do this I have noticed. Mainly the mimics in tcave

The ogres in question actually migrate to the nearest Ogre King which spawns them.
In case anyone didn’t know

Regarding item balance, I feel like the items which deserve a buff the most are:

Colo sword - An easier shot pattern is a must, the current one makes it absolutely terrible and extremely difficult to hit anything that is moving. You literally cannot hit anything at between 0.5 tiles to 4 tiles from you when you are aiming directly at it.
Omni - Needs better stats for the rarest and most sought after ring in the game. Changing stats to +60 or 70 hp/mp and +4 to all other stats would make it balanced and have stats reflecting its rarity.
The two potatoes - Need slight reworks/stat balances, eg. +20hp/mp for sourcestone to make it viable. Again, drops from one of the hardest bosses in the game, yet many players would take other options over it.

Wait minions not immune to stasis… hehe. Time to kill off all of public

Hey, omni is already a directly buffed nile :D. Also, if the sword had a easier shot pattern, it would be broken. It’s difficult shot pattern is due to it’s god dps

Have you tried using Colo sword before? It is literally impossible to hit moving targets. And it’s dps isn’t even great, Pixie is higher, and considering you only consistently hit 1/4 of your shots, it’s absolutely terrible

Oof
High def enemies would like a word with you.
I feel like colo would do more damage most of the time but I do see how aiming would affect this

Have you? I have… only on warrior though and pixie’s is higher doesn’t show anything…