Lost Halls 2.0

Why did the change the Marble Colossus and key look? They look kinda flat and unrefined.

It’s unfortunately an inherent error with PlaceMap and some blendpriority stuff clashing.

A way to avoid this would be to give pureEvil and voidGround the same blendpriority (will look rather ugly, but current LH uses it).

Optionally, one could placeMap the same piece of ground (the walkable arena) multiple times every shrink cycle with a couple seconds interval to eliminate this…however, this has only been applied on small scale (nest hallway @ boss, abyss troom magma blend(1)), and doing it with larger maps such as this may cause a very undesirable amount of server lag.

(1) abyss troom even uses different blendpriority placemaps to give off an expanding effect over time! -hence why the stuff is named Lava Blend

Some things to talk about 2.0 in general

#1 priority apparently is how void is getting overrun with a high quantity of mobs due to lack of coordination in clearing. Would be more feasible to have difficulty dodging shots vs getting overrun by mobs. Increase damage, Increase frequency, Increase projectile speed, but try not to kill my screen with 25 big bois.
Pots guarantee: void no longer gives life guarantee and people are not happy with that. I’ll leave that to your discretion.
Personally I believe that cult is quite a bit easier compared to before. The shots should be a bit faster especially as he’s dying. Lost halls is meant to be a very difficult dungeon, not where people are going in to gather up life pots to show off their 14 8/8 and 20k base fame on realmeye. The cream of the crop players are really the ones who should be finishing the dungeons, not the average joe (sorry for the average joes, but that’s really what LH was meant for.)
Color schemes are bad. I, and I’m sure couple other players are colorblind to an extent. I for one can’t distinguish color when I’m under lighting in a screen (So you can’t tell me dark blue is light blue because I can’t distinguish them well when I’m looking through a screen), and some of the shots for sure are very hard to distinguish.

• Marble defender shots need to be redone. Very hard to see the shots sometimes.
  • Cult green guy needs a bit brighter color because his shots can be bad when under bad lighting.
  • Marble colossus also needs to have some better coloring on his shots. the little grey ball is very hard to see when running around sometimes compared to the floor being grey also.
  • Same for the light red shot. I would ask that the shot be a bit darker. I know the other dark red exists but you can possibly make them a darker shade and the light red shots to be slightly dark also.
  • Void floor. Sometimes the floor coincides with the color and the shots are a bit hard to see. I would suggest a lighter color floor or revert back to brown.

Also items. As LH was intended to be a true end game dungeon, the items gained should be top tier as well. Potato (lodestone) for one can use a little boost to 7 atk/def/spd/dex each so that this becomes the true dps ring and not the Forgotten Crown. Breastplate increase to 200 hp and def kept at 12 is fine. Seal is fine, Sword should be a bit stronger in context.
Cult whites: Staff is fine as is. It beats EP. increase RoF to 65%-75% however so people actually use it. Skull should have slightly higher base damage so it outperforms Shaitan skull by a bit of a margin, not a tiny one. Robe, while good on wis mod classes, it’s still lacking. Increase def to Gsorc level and wis to 14, kill all other stats. Ring? Hp to 100, def and wis to 7 each.
Void whites: Void bow is fine in all aspects but a little damage boost to counter the thought of (I have tshot/leaf so I’ll use that instead). Void quiver is already overpowered so leave that alone. People just doesn’t like the range but it does devastating damage at close range compared to other quivers. Armor of Nil needs to be redone a bit. The high armor is great, but using the definition of void (nothingness), there shouldn’t be any defects. And of course the grape (sourcestone): 120 hp/mp and 5 speed.

The big problem is Omni ring. People want it to be the best all rounder ring, but the stats are just meager to make it the best all rounder ring. 100 hp/mp and 5 all stats would already make it viable to actually use, not to flex.

Also sometimes the dungeon messes up and creates 2 trap/towers + floor tiles in 1 room which can screw a lot of people over.

I solo’d two Cults. They’re very doable, even with a Rare pet; in my case, I used a 70/63 Heal/MHeal one.
Most of the dungeon is pretty Shatters-like - drag one of each spawn, kill them, move on to the next. None of the enemy types are repeated that often and the bullet patterns keep you wary, so no boredom there.
The fight is also pretty cool - though their patterns are fairly easy to dodge individually, once they stack up, you gotta back out or get punished hard.
Molek’s more diverse phases do improve the fight (though I haven’t done any on prod, so this is based on what I saw), though the fact that more than one of a type of demon can be out is a little annoying with a nonpiercer.
Balaam’s new arrow-like projectile is the best addition. Seriously, when I first saw it, I freaked out a little - just. Yes. The fight itself is still good - high damage (blue stars for 170 AP damage killed me once, not on this wizzy 0u0), not too hard of a shot pattern but not too easy.
Finally, Malus 2.0’s new phases make him a notable force. Many of his attacks are fairly easy to dodge, Ice and Thunder being exceptions; the best way to solo it is to drag away the spawning Followers.

I’d imagine that Archer and Huntress would also be particularly good, considering they can hit larger crowds and hinder enemy progression.
Rogue could do it, but one might get a bit overcrowded in Malus 2.0’s spawning phase if they decide not to drag.

how do i get on the test server

Yeah I’ve never died when testing the cult and find that the boss fight just seems a little pitiful, with Molek being the hardest part of the boss fight and even then the scariest part of the new cult is the smaller cultists, I’ve seen a bunch of people die to them but never once have I seen someone die to the main cultists, LH is also much easier and I am able to solo 3/4 families with little to no trouble as a wizard (grotto creatures always end up stopping my run though, mainly the new grotto blob) Just get the crusaders to as empty a room as possible and then circle them, for the other two, just pick them off one by one. In the void my only problem is the ground blending in with the bullets, the void shades are still doable in the number they come in though.

oh no… why rage phaseeee

:ok_hand:

Here’s the link for browser.
I haven’t been able to correctly do it with Flash, sadly.

judging from observations on the main dungeon so far, I beelieve the least engaging minions of the groups right now would be the cave ones. The big slime and his slime minions can work, but the bats and rats feel extremely unthreatening anda bit erratic. The bats still charge but it appears as though the rats mostly Wander. the bullets they leave behind are rarely a problem as well

You might wanna try and go for 2 birds with 1 stone and soup up that family a bit (good ole debuffs) to make them more challenging, while also barring rushers a bit more

rushers dont have any slime trouble because they ve gone past the big one before the bullets reach, small ones only spawn if you damage him (and only deliver pure dmg) , and bats 'n rats are pure damage now so those arent anything to care about either

Well, good job Deca and UGC team! I love the new halls!
I won’t give too extensive of feedback, and anything I write should be taken with a grain of salt since a. I’ve never done a Halls on prod, and b. I’m bad, but I’ll still contribute my 2 cents.

Grotto
The grotto family was rather tedious to clear because of constant attacks from the bats. The slimes are also quite powerful, possibly too powerful. I think that the bat spawn rate and the damage/rof on the slimes should be nerfed.

Crusaders
No comment on the crusaders besides the fact that they are significantly more difficult if they spawn in one of the first rooms after the spawn room, since in that case they can’t be dragged.

Oryx Infantry
I feel there needs to be more warning before the leader of this group respawns his minions, as it can be difficult to get away from the newly spawned minions after moving in close to make the leader vulnerable.

Golems
I find the golems to be much too easy compared to the other families. They can be killed very easily from range.

Cult
I find cult to be too easy, closer to the difficulty of mountain temple rather than the rest of the Halls.

Void
While you all have done with solving the problem of needing to be in a discord to do a halls, the void still has this problem. The main reason that I haven’t done halls on prod is the need to join a discord, and I hope it can be eliminated from the entirety of the halls. I haven’t seriously attempted a Void, but from what I’ve seen, any group attempting it will need multiple priests and paladins/warriors, probably at least 1 of each per corner, which just won’t happen in public runs. The need for coordination, while I think it is cool, is also a major obstacle, since that will also be extremely difficult to achieve in public runs.

General
I wasn’t able to get into a halls with a decent group because, with halls constantly being opened in nexus, each halls only gets a group of only 5, and usually most die or nexus. I would suggest setting up a system where a new copy of the dungeon(s) being tested is only spawned in nexus once every minute, and each player only receives 1 or 2 keys (assuming that the dungeon being tested was designed for a larger group).

Overall, I like it.

About the MBC (fake finale/Final phase before recharge)

I haven’t taken the time to properly voice feedback on this particular phase yet, but it’s the only phase where i feel some aspects were a downgrade to prod. rocks over timer is obviously way better but the bullet amount and the way that they’re presented feels somewhat… cluttered?

its quite the bullet hell but sometimes it feels as though an undodgable heap presents itself, simply over time, either due to the frequency the rocks fire at (unfortunately the slightest frequency decr would mean halved rate), or due to the speed the outer rock approaches (with the “right” shot angle when approaching it makes a heap of shots a couple tiles wide).

I’m not really sure what can be done to remedy it just yet, but perhaps it is worth trying halving the shot frequency of only the outer rock: It’ll still have bullets go flying everywhere but it might do something about the occasional damage heap.

To add to what Uni said above, that three golden rock phase can sometimes drag on for too long because players will focus on dodging rather than killing the rocks as they pass, which in turn contributes to the possibility of an undodgeable bullet pattern forming eventually.

The rest of the MBC fight is great in my opinion, as is Cultist.

Void could use a few tweaks if it’s to be doable in smaller groups, as so far it seems at the very least 16 people will be needed for an efficient and relatively safe run. I know it’s not supposed to be easy or safe, but people usually plan runs like this with higher success chance in mind.
I can’t really think of anything specific other than the minion spawn rate in the later phases, but that combined with some number tweaking on the Entity’s attacks should get it to a more, uh, tolerable level.

Ultimately up to you and the other closet testers, Kidd, but I really liked the majority of the rework.

Rip…

Thanks everyone for the great feedback and keep it coming!

Here is my feedback for LH2.0

Aesthetic

• The new sprites are far better than the previous one, the dungeon is way less bland.

The only problems for me are:

• The new vial, changing the sprite wasn’t needed
  • And the shots of the MBC pillars, they are pretty flashy which doesn’t really fit with the LH.

Map Generation

• Removing the dead-ends to have just pots room (like the Tomb with the sarc) is a really nice change making the dungeon less annoying.

• Increasing the size of the room is a good choice too, now we can circle a lost crusaders with any class while staying in the same room.

• The new rooms are also great, they break the monotony of the dungeon (same with the buff/debuff pillars/eye). Maybe you should make them slightly more common.

• The new pillars at the spawn room weren’t really needed but they looks better than a gray wall.

Enemies

• Respawn system has been removed: It wasn’t working, the dungeon wasn’t harder with that system, just boring. Now public Lost Halls can be done after killing the Sentry.

• HP Scaling: It’s another reason why public LH can be done after killing the Sentry. I have nothing to say about that, everything is going to have HP scaling and it’s a good thing.

• Revamped Status Immunity: It gives a huge value to the “status effect classes” such as huntress/archer/knight (and the electric pets on the other side)

• Revamped Invulnerability: Again it makes the dungeon less boring to clean.

• Class targeting removed: It was a good idea that didn’t work, I hope to see it in the future.

Lost Crusaders
Faster to clean and less dangerous as the Explorers don’t cause sick. However, they seem faster so if you’re not paying attention it’s the opposite and they are more destructive that before.
Something has to be changed with their behavior on a decoy, they are just stacking themselves.

Oryx Infantry
When it was the most boring family to clear they are now perfect. Maybe just change when the second wave of enemies spawns, they are all stacked.

Grotto Beasts
It’s the opposite or the Oryx Infantry, when it was on the easiest family to clear, they are now pretty boring. The Slimes/Rats/Bats are good like that, but the Blob should spawn less enemies, it doesn’t make it more difficult just longer.

Lost Golems
The Golem of anger is less aggressive, maybe not enough now and the Golem of fear should rotates in a bigger circle. For the other it’s perfect, except that maybe the Tormented Golem should be able to leave his room instead of just “shaking” when he is at the edge.

Spectral Sentry
You can’t stick it in a wall, but it’s easier to dodge as the rooms are bigger so it’s good like that.

Marble Defender
It’s a good idea that protects players from being trolled by a rogue rushing the dungeon (and it’s needed as the LH2.0 are easier to rush). However the arrows maybe need a color swap as they are difficult to see.

Marble Colossus

The main problem was we were waiting without doing anything, now you can’t just stay in a corner you have to destroy the “golden rocks” which looks to be a good idea. However, the fight is maybe a bit too long with too many shots going everywhere, some polishing are still needed.

Cultist Hideout

Agonised Titan
Nothing to say about that, the enemy isn’t really interesting to be honest. It’s just more or less a shooting pillar that is easier to dodge as the room is bigger.

Aesthetic
As I said before it’s better except for the vial.

Enemies

• Followers: Small changes but still welcomed.

• Boss
    The new “shape based attacks” are really nice, maybe the speed of the shots should be increased a bit.
    I don’t have a lot to say about the cultist except that now the fight is really pleasant.

The Void

Here is now the problem of all discords.
Some people are saying that it’s too hard, on the other side the new void was made to be the hardest fight of the game.
I think it’s good like that, it still needs polishing, but realm need a real coop/endgame fight. However, a good loot table need to be there too, removing the life pot as a guaranteed drop isn’t a good idea, people won’t risk their character for nothing (and a life pot that can be sold for 8def isn’t that a big thing).

Remember the HP scaling.

I don’t know where this should go, but the colour for for both the Lost Sentry and (more importantly) the Spectral Sentry desperately need to be changed on the experimental settings. The really dark blue just blends in with the grey border of the minimap, so it ends up both a strain to see the sentry coming down the mini-map or whether he went across the sentry and a hassle to process the information after you’ve strained your eyes just to see where the damn spectre went. This might’ve been changed on testing as I haven’t been there yet, but… especially with the LS itself being nerfed and the SS keeping its lethality… yeah. Change it to cyan or something, please?

You might want to make your own post in glitches. This one is pretty interesting

Not certain if I’m too late or not, but I personally would truly like to see the Omni ring get a buff. Specifically in the hp and mp it grants. I believe it would live up to it’s namesake with stat bonuses like +80hp and +80mp. As it was originally designed.