Lost Halls Dungeon Idea

Wasn’t going to let this opportunity slide! Some of you may be familiar with my Lost Halls dungeon idea from the Kabam forums. To ensure it isn’t forgotten along with those forums, I’m reposting it here. Who knows, maybe some people will see it who have never read it before? Hope you enjoy!

Click here to enter the Lost Halls.

Swamp of Lost Souls Dungeon Idea
New Dungeon
Your thoughts on DECA?
Are you addicted to the RealmEye Forum?
Dungeon Idea: Infernal Tophet (WIP)
Ideas questions
Thread for minor forum bugs that arent worth making an own thread
Patch Notes X12 - Spring Cleaning Time!
Spook, a Sorcerer skin by Xaklor
Life Sucking Scepter
IMPORTANT: Best of the Best nominations [finished]

Everyone has seen it. Everyone loves it.

Props to you for making an end-game dungeon that is well-balanced. I am positive DECA will notice or already have noticed your dungeon idea, I hope they take it into consideration.

Thanks for the support! I’m in personal email contact with Sil3x after he reached out to me about my dungeon ideas (moreso the Swamp of Lost Souls, interestingly enough), which is really exciting! Not going to get too optimistic to avoid any potential disappointment, but the thought alone of something I created becoming a part of the actual game is unbelievable to me.

We all know about your dungeon silly toastrz buuuut I guess it doesn’t hurt to have it sit here aswell

I feel as if what you should add (or if I didn’t read it) I think the paths should close/open every 3 minutes making it so much more difficult.

Absolutely amazing. It’d be great if it was added! The only flaw I see is that someone could rush ahead and activate the first boss before others could get there to solo its then leave, but clearly the extremely damaging monsters take care of that. Couldn’t a rouge possibly do it though? Obviously it’d be self detrimental as he’d miss out on loot on 2nd and 3rd but people like to troll :pensive: Also, where does it drop from? I might be mistaken but don’t think it was mentioned.

This is amazing! I never thought that someone could be so articulate with making dungeons. I love the theme, and it seems like a great idea to put in the game. I will definitely read all of your dungeons. Keep it up Toasterz!

Banderhobb

I’m about to read this but since it was on the original forums, isn’t there any way you can submit this to the deca team?

Well to be honest i always liked the Swamp better. Maybe cause I actually read it in its entirity, unlike Lost Halls… Also I like the theme far better. Dont get me wrong, both are awesome. BRB reading Lost Halls again.

Also Sil3x reaching out to you is hyyyppppeeee.

Gravel
Effect on self: Damaging and Sick for 7 seconds
It’s a great consumable to stock up on for a DPS boost, but you really need to dodge while it’s active. It’s pretty useless for a Paladin, but will be great for any other class who wants to gain a quick edge.

It’s great that the minions drop relevant loot to keep players engaged throughout.

If a pally is in the group this item isn’t useful to anyone in the dungeon. You could give it +20 att instead of damaging to fix this.

Can hackers avoid sick inflicted from consumables? If so, you could replace the sick with -20 def for a similar but hopefully less exploitable effect.

Pretty Fuckin Dank. Also on the rogue set dagger dps comparison the picture is cut in half.

@NamedForSB Giving a high stat boost instead of the inflictions just makes it a glorified tincture. I wanted it to be a unique consumable item that people would actually get use out of.

@Mewkus Unfortunately, that’s a matter of computer formatting. The exact spacing of the images can show up different depending on what browser and monitor you’re using, so what looks fine to me may be messed up for others. It’s out of my control, sadly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

And we’re back! It’s been a while since this topic has been open (thanks @Stupidity) and the last time it was active, the dungeon hadn’t even been officially announced to be in development yet. In celebration of the Lost Halls now being on the horizon, I’ve made some updates to the document. It’s nothing too major, but there have been plenty of grammar corrections, words were clarified, formatting was improved (let me know if there are still problems) and a couple of slightly bigger changes. The Breastplate of New Life got an updated sprite from that horrendously ugly old one (thanks to WunderWafe) and the function of Quiet on the Marble Seal has been changed. Additional credit to @Dappertron for thinking of a much better and more feasible function for Quiet. The changelog at the end of the document contains a summary.

Don’t get too excited about this involving leaks, though. None of these changes were done in an effort to make it line up with the real version. These changes were only to improve the original idea, and I hope this document can make for an interesting comparison in the future when put next to the final product.

Lastly, this thread can now act as hub for prerelease Lost Halls discussion. I’ve seen multiple threads made for speculation and discussion (which I greatly appreciate <3), but this is probably the best place to do it now. I hope you’ll enjoy!

It’s been a while since I’ve read through this, and to shorten a lengthy opinion, I am extremely interested to see how this dungeon fares in game. It is mechanically superior to the current Shatters by a long shot, and I at least am extremely pleased that there is an extant framework of lore within which it operates! c:

Hoorah!
However - if I may speak without fear of admonishment - I do hope some of the other sprites subscribe to this trend before release. Especially considering the aesthetic uproar caused by the recent Mountain Temple, I feel like some of the sprites are a little too divisive… especially the heavily shaded 16x16 foes. I would offer some of my own, but that is a surefire path to compromising what stylistic integrity there already is ;3

All in all, we live in exciting times!

I was wondering why I saw a new version on the Art Maker. I preferred the original sprite’s shape, though (the shading was a bit off, I guess).

Woah, WunderWafe’s still around? That’s awesome! You should try to convince him to post his old work over here/on Reddit.

Again, that’s awesome! The original Quiet effect, although possible, seemed complicated. This version of it seems plausible.

One thing you neglected to mention in the post was the Omnipotence Ring droprate change. Although it’s significantly rare and would probably only be used as a trophy if it’s in-game, I’m still not a fan of the rarity balancing method. A good example of this failing is when the Hard Mode for Destiny’s Vault of Glass raid released and people got the Vex Mythoclast weapon. The thing was blatantly overpowered and got nerfed within the first week people had it. I guess Omnipotence Ring is much rarer, but it still doesn’t sit right with me.

Oh, and I may as well give my (new) review of this idea now that the thread is open here on Realmeye Forums.

This is easily one of my favorite dungeon ideas that the community has created. Between the enemies, the lore, the aesthetics, the balancing, the items, and even the atmosphere of it, very few dungeons come close.
Although I’m not a huge fan of the Omnipotence Ring, as I stated above, it’s not a huge issue. For all us non-testers know, it could not even be included in the release (are you able to confirm or deny this?).

Anyway, I’m going to give this a 10/10. Almost no dungeon ideas match this dungeon’s level of detail and apparent work put in. I can’t wait to see this in game!

I just made another change by adding a fully animated version of the Void Entity! The image is now a gif that cycles through his idle, moving and attacking animation frames. I might give this treatment to all enemy sprites at some point (some of them have really cool attacking animations if I do say so myself), but I figured the Void Entity himself would be a good place to start for now.

This is a tricky subject, and one which has been wrestled with by many people. I’ve shared my personal feelings on the matter in the past. Personally, I believe that RotMG has, whether intentionally or accidentally, created a form of difficulty progression that coincides with the detail and intimidating level of their sprites.

Considering this is an endgame dungeon, I don’t feel it would be right to downgrade all the sprites to a super limited palette with basic shapes just in the name of consistency (something this game already lacks). There are certainly some sprites that have excessive shading, but toning them down would likely end up looking even worse, unless it was only done to a slight degree.

The shape may have been more distinct, but overall it was grossly overshaded and didn’t fit the rest of the set at all. That one was my original version, and I can’t remember why I never swapped to Wunder’s far better iteration.

Sadly, he’s not around anymore. I was just looking through the document for some changes I could make and remembered that he made a way better sprite for the armor a while back. It took me some digging since he never tagged his sprites in categories, but I found it and made a replica on the testing editor. I don’t even think he’s aware that the Lost Halls is being made, which is kind of a shame. He was pretty much the co-designer of the document.

Even I don’t agree with the philosophy behind the Omnipotence Ring anymore. But remember, this dungeon was made at a time when content was scarce, long before hope shined through with Deca. Since the endgame didn’t seem to have much of a future, my mindset was for the Lost Halls to be the definitive endgame dungeon, and thus the “final” challenge of the game with an ultimate goal for players to aspire towards. Nowadays, the Omnipotence Ring would be a terrible inclusion that would ruin all ring balancing.

Thanks for the support! It really does mean a lot to me. As for other dungeons, one of my personal favorites from the Kabam era was the Frostbite Cavern. To this day, I still love this idea, and it makes me wish the Ice Cave lived up to its potential. Phenomenal sprites, well designed rooms, a very creative boss battle and clever mechanics. The latter half of the Kabam era was a desolate time for quality dungeon ideas, but this one always stood above the rest in my opinion.

Oh, well then. That kinda sucks. He was always one of the best ideas guys (I still remember the day he released his dream-based dungeon and how awesome I thought it was). Now that it’s fresh on my mind, is Typemaster still around or did he move on? I’ve seen some Art Tool sprites tagged with his name.

A point I wanted to make is that I feel he wasn’t adequately credited for the dungeon. I mean, I understand why, as he wasn’t in Closed Testing, kinda left the community, and, most importantly, didn’t upload the idea. It just seems somewhat sad.

That makes sense. Even back on the Kabam Forums, I think I thought a bit more optimistically, reasoning just that- that more endgame dungeons could be implemented.

I’m going to assume that means that it’s not going to release with the dungeon, or at least, not in its document form.

Hey, without that support, we wouldn’t be getting this in-game, so I try to show my support for every idea I really like.

YES! I’m so glad people remember this idea!
I wasn’t around when it was first released, so I didn’t get to see it in its heyday, but I remember being blown away by it when I finally read it.

If I had to pick one, it’d be the Asylum. I really liked the idea of insanity being almost disease-like. Mechanically, it was a great dungeon, as well.

I’m with you on that. Granted, there was some quality dungeons in that time, like WunderWafe’s dungeon that I previously mentioned, but most weren’t amazing (including my dungeons).

He still pops in from time to time, but I haven’t spoken to him in a long time and I’m not sure if he’s kept up with news on the game.

Hmmm. I figured putting his name first in the credits section was the best way to bring attention to him, plus, all the sprites he made for it have the WW tag in the editor. He was pretty well known at the time too, and had plenty of dungeons of his own, which is probably why I didn’t plaster his name everywhere. Do you think I should somehow edit the document to make his name more prominent? I could categorize the credits to what people did in order of importance and give him a co-designer title.

That was the one by SteeleAlt, right? I remember feeling kind of mixed about that one. It had some interesting ideas, but from what I recall, I wasn’t a huge fan of its balancing. It’s been a while, though, so perhaps my memory of it has worsened over time.

Never forget the Epic Tomb of the Ancients.