Lost Halls isn't a great dungeon...

I’ve never thought about it that way, mostly because I let the “Have good DPS or gtfo” mentality go to my head

just a little bit

You know what? You do whatever you want. I’m done with your bs Halls.

If your definition of an endgame dungeon is huddling in a group with your expensive computer and your frames are wheezing like an asthmatic where there are piercing shots that can instakill you, it’s a poor definition.

It could have the best loot in the world it’s no longer any fun.

You do you, I’m not gonna try to convince you the dungeon is fun if you don’t think it is, just here to see if I can at least improve on that aspect, but I am really curious on where you got that definition of endgame content. That’s a big misunderstanding of my position. I as a player do not enjoy large group size, nor the raid system that discords currently use and am looking into allowing people to do the dungeon in small groups outside of those systems which should improve performance and visibility, I can’t really control performance and hopefully Unity will improve on that tremendously so running a dungeon with more than a few people becomes no longer miserable.

You’re asking for simple fixes. The truth is there’s no simple fix. The design is flawed inherently.

1. You really don’t want to nerf the dungeon.
  2. People want loot.
  3. People are going to do it in large groups.
  4. Lag, groups, and piercing shots are a terrible combination. I just did marble colossus 5 minutes ago and I had like 3 frames.

The truth is there’s really nothing you can do to make people go into Sentry.

Fair enough, I can see your point of view when you put like that, I still want to at least try to improve on the areas I can and while I’m asking for simple changes that doesn’t mean that’s all that will happen depending on how things go, I’m shackled by time and can’t spend another year to just rework every aspect of the dungeon which I’m sure you understand.

Hopefully I will be able to convince you once the time comes with result and not vague proposals,

I’ll be putting my focus back on LoD for now with PT nearing its end so I might not reply immediately to any feedback in this thread but do know I’ll be reading it and taking notes.

How would nerfing the dungeon fix anything when you are complaining that life has lost a lot of its value? Nerfing halls would make life worth even less because it would even be easier to get it since a major source of it is nerfed, meaning it would be easier to get life.

It won’t. That’s the point. He doesn’t want to remove void minions (a nerf), but even if he did nobody would go into sentry. Even if he removed the blind from mbc (nerf) nobody would go into sentry.

And spending money on Halls does make it easier. You’re 100% sure that you’ve got enough warriors/paladins/knights/priests to overpower the framedropping nightmares that await you.

The discords won’t do runs without the right compositions for a reason.

Spending money doesn’t guarantee that you have the right composition, being in a discord does that. Discords have done sentry runs in the past with great composition and not spending money.

I solo/duo pub halls quite often with my friends so i dont see the problem

The realm might be full. The sentry might not drop halls. Oryx might drag you into his castle. Lots of factors people don’t want to deal with.

Don’t want to deal with, but that doesn’t make it pay to win. If people had to do sentry runs they would, and they have in the past.

Let’s say they removed all Halls keys. Would people still do Halls?

The majority would not.

They might be willing to do it for some amount of time, but it would die out.

Like I was saying before Halls has a low reward ratio because life has become quite common.

If you take low reward and you add additional effort requirements you just skew the ratio even more.

Discord is effective because runs can start wherever and whenever they want.

For your method to work there would have to be a discord where people call out the location of a sentry.

People will rush to the server with a sentry. The server might be full (but they usually aren’t so we won’t put too much weight onto this).

The realm with the sentry will fill up and people won’t make it into the runs.

People will spawn in the realm with the sentry. They won’t have a teleport, so they’ll either bring fast classes or risk losing out on the run if the sentry is on the other side of the map.

Lots of random people from the realm will join in. This will include mystics that spam stasis, tricksters that decoy, and draggers that will either find spooky boi or crusaders.

Lots of people will die. Fewer people will do Halls. Fewer people will have the experience to do Halls. Halls will get a negative reputation for newer players.

I was a member of the Lost Sentry Cleanup Crew and they shut down their discord. It just didn’t work out.

But seriously I’m so tired of people saying Halls has good drop rates. It does not.
I’m tired of people saying halls is profitable when I point to some of (my opinion) the best players and they die every few days to Halls.

The fact is that keys and discords give people a community and the community is what holds rotmg together. This lagfest dungeon doesn’t hold rotmg together.

This change is absolutely necessary.

Have you ever asked some of the top players you point to who do halls constantly, such as Cwinner, what they think about the drop rates of halls or if they are worth doing?

So Halls as it is now holds the community together because it is the key that people pop and what the largest discords are for. Anything that skews Lost Halls away from discord or keys runs would hurt the community then.

If it isn’t profitable, then why do people run them by the hundreds?

As others have pointed out, the skilled players who die every few days to Halls tend to be the RLs, or discord regulars. These guys will do several runs in a day, and over the course of those few days between deaths, they amass more life and mana than they need to rebuild a lost character. Hence why they can do hundreds or thousands of LH runs without losing everything, like you seem to believe happens.

You may not have the best luck in Halls. That’s understandable. But please stop assuming that your personal experiences are reflective of those of the Realm community at large.

1. There were plenty of people that ran tons of Shatters before Halls came out. I guess you haven’t noticed, but Shatters has always been terrible for loot. I don’t even bother going into pub shatters anymore because someone inevitably runs down the middle and it’s just not worth the stress to get a 0/3.

2. Life has very low value now. You’ll pull your hair out trying to merch items on US West 2. This, combined with Deca’s determination to make everything of value soulbound makes extra life just a burden to hold. There may have been a time when the extra life was worth something, but that’s clearly not the case right now.

3. Whites that assist in Halls completions have very low drop rates. In my years of playing I only got 1 ogmur. I never have seen a qot. I only obtained puris from the Davy event. I’ve never seen a geb tome drop. And I never got a marble seal. It’s hard to justify using such rare items in a high stakes dungeon.

4. Whites from Halls definitely aren’t that common. I’d love to see actual percentages but we don’t know them.

5. T13/T14s aren’t that common. Personally I think t14 armors should be super common as they are pretty much flex items, but people would complain for some reason.

6. People cheat. There was another thread that mentioned how empty MCH was during the client update.

Backpedal, about a year now your name has been engraved in my mind as that one person who just complains and complains.
If you don’t like the game, don’t play it.
Don’t like certain aspects, don’t participate in them.
Because if you haven’t noticed, the vast majority do enjoy and support them. - My two cents, there won’t be a further reply from me.

Lost Halls has it flaws, through mostly on the popularity on doing it from a Sentry and doing Void without a massive group of people. So here’s some fixes are may or not may work.

• Sentry
    Two things only, give him a quest marker and have Lost Halls be a 100% drop, i mean, Sentry isn’t that hard, similar to Avatar, he has some predictable shot patterns, and having LH as a 100% drop is going to ensure that a good group will go into the Halls at any given time.
  • Halls
    Just make the Commander larger and don’t let a Crusade or Spectral Sentry spawn from atleast a minimum of 3 rooms from spawn room, that’s it.
  • MBC
    Remove the phases after the last Marble Core phase, they are unnecessary, and here’s a thing, it’s generally known that in RotMG at most of the time you are forced to take a shot that you couldn’t dodge, be it because of your speed, or the impossibility of doing so, which is fucking ironic for a bullet hell game, and that’s the case of the MBC last Core phase, through this isn’t the fault of the phase but mostly of the game itself, as it doesn’t reward dodging as much as it should.
  • Void
    Oh void, what a dilemna on this one, remove the minions, easy as fuck, don’t remove them, impossible on small groups, so there’s only two options on this one: Dynamic HP Scaling depending on your stats or change the minions for something… else perhaps a turret, because i don’t believe having a limit on how many minions can spawn as it will make the four corners pointless, sort of, and the thing on how frequent the minion will respawn after being killed.

Also here’s an idea, and is having the Cultist Hideout removed, not literally, just be in the same map, similarly on how the Ivory Wyvern’s dungeon was removed, and he now spawns in the same Lair of Draconis dungeon, and why is this? Because it would be nice to do both Cultist and Void in the same run, because regardlessly of nerfing both battles, nobody is going to do MBC with the lack of a vial.

So, the “treasure room” mechanic remains the same, the portal is now a teleporter to a separate part of the same map, which is supposed to be the Cultist Hideout, you cannot go back into the Halls from the way you came from, after Malus is defeated, there will be a teleporter that brings you back into the Halls, in the Agonizing Titan room, and now it’s time to do MBC and Void using the vial you’ve just obtained.

Now, to expand more on this idea, what if the Vial was a temporary item? What i mean with this if you leave the dungeon with the Vial, it’s removed from your inventory, so you are forced to use that Vial in that exact same Halls you’ve obtained it from, i mean it rewards skillful people, regardless of the group size, if they manage to go the extra mile to do Void. Sounds pretty end-game to me.

just saying on the removal of MBC’s post final core phase, i agree with this. It just seems like pointless filler to draw out the battle longer

I actually agree with this. In all of my pub halls runs (which is around 5-6?) I’ve only gotten one t14 armor. I don’t think that’s a good ratio, especially for such a hard dungeon (also doesn’t make sense why its so rare.)

A fantastic idea as well!