Lost Halls Official Trailer

I’ve waited a long time for this moment.

By the way, this is the YouTube version. Deca has also posted it to their Facebook, but the video and audio quality is worse on that version. However, Deca is also hosting a generous giveaway there, so check out that version too!

I don’t even know how to react. So many awesome things.
Dis gon be gud.

oh god even btel died there

someone make it mp4 im in china and cant watch
kthxbai

That’s when you know this shit goin be wack

Does this mean tier 13 weapons and tier 14 armor?

That’s what it looks like, yeah

Yes! At ~0:36, you can see Timett using a Wand of Evocation and a Robe of the Star Mother .

I am HYPE

Screen shot this. Calling it right now. The T13s, T14s and T15 armors will be soulbound and sold in the mystery box or sold in anyway for gold. The new sets will be in the mystery boxes and soul bound. The sets will give set bonuses and be ST. Also hydra will be buffed.

It’s been confirmed that only the trickster set is ST, not the others.

It’s six am. I didint expect this for like 6 hours.

All I have to say is damn good trailer @Pentaract

Oh so the potato ring pally set is not confirmed to be ST yet? I feel like it deserves to be ST. Think of all the money Deca would make if they just made it ST and put it in the boxes as all SB STs have been in the mystery boxes. I bet money that Deca would make it ST.

The new item tier will not be sold for gold in any form. The only ST set is the Trickster set. The Paladin, Necromancer and Archer sets are pure UTs with no set bonuses and will also not be sold.

Buff Wyrmhide.

Is the new tier sb?

It looks like a freakin pserver

#Y E S

But think of all the potential profits. Why cant Deca make up their mind about when to make money and when to please the community. Also what is your opinion on this massive powercreep when they havent even implement ways for bosses and events to not get steamrolled in 2 seconds. Do you know if they are working on buffing the bosses and events instead of making new dungeons super obnoxious and dealing mass debuffs?

I’m not sure I understand your complaint here. You want the UTs to be sold? I think the system is pretty clear right now. UT items and sets are exclusive to their dungeons, STs are secondary drops that (unfortunately but necessarily) get sold. I can’t discuss the drop table in detail, but the ST Trickster set is the least intrusive to be ST. There are still plenty of classic UT sets that everybody loves and you can’t just buy your way into the all the drops.

As for power creep, I’d like to see some more event balancing in the future too. The Lost Halls should satisfy the desire for new content for a while, which will allow some time to focus on class and enemy balancing. Everything can’t happen at once, but as long as it alternates at a regular rate, that’s probably the best way to keep everyone happy.

I agree. Well spoken. I was just being sarcastic and was looking out for Deca’s revenue. But heres the thing about everything not being able to happen at once. Don’t you think its more reasonable to deal with the event and boss balancing before releasing items that makes trampling events and bosses easier? Isn’t that common sense? I just feel like the people in close testing that gives feedback to Deca arent exactly representing the community or the common player but end game players. And all they want is more content (drops, dungeons, events) and shit to solo.

I can see where you’re coming from, but that’s not quite the case. There is almost always some sort of balancing being tested for classes, bosses or other things that are in need of changing, but they usually have to go through several iterations before a version is achieved that is useful, balanced, but not overpowered. There will always be more things to balance, so the question ultimately becomes, “How much balancing do we want to do before we release content?” I’d say quite a bit of balancing has happened over the past couple months, and there isn’t really a reason to withhold finished content just because something can still be changed in the existing game.

I’ve said this in another thread already, but the new tops are really not much stronger than their WC counterparts. Niche UTs will still be desired and the UTs within the Lost Halls itself can really change how a class is played, though not necessarily in a stronger way, just different. Balancing is undoubtedly on the agenda for Deca as well as testers, but it’s not as straightforward as it sounds. If you rush balancing, quality assurance goes out the window and can often result in a class/event update with glaring flaws. The recent trap and Oryx’s Castle rebalances went through three iterations each before reaching the final version, and scepters endured four.

Not to sound like a shill or whatever, but if there’s one thing I really admire about Deca’s work style, it’s a willingness to to put time and quality above speed and quantity. The Lost Halls has taken nine months, and if it were up to Kabam I guarantee they would have shoved out an unfinished mess back in February just like the fate the Shatters had. Instead, they allowed as much time as it needed to become a truly polished product, even if it would have been financially helpful if we released this months ago. Same goes for balancing. When something doesn’t work, they’ll try again with a different approach and keep tinkering around until it’s as optimal as possible, rather than releasing a version that’s just okay. I personally think that’s a great way to handle content and balancing alike. It may take a bit longer between each update, but proper testing and polish is well worth it.

Don’t think so. What if they balance events and bosses to the current state of what players can do only to unbalance it once again by introducing stronger items?

I’m not saying stronger items should or shouldn’t be released, I’m only saying that, if you’re gonna release them, it’s better to do it already, see the impact they cause and adjust the accordingly.

Also, shouldn’t this go on #community-hub:videos-streaming?