Lost Halls, Why It's Bad for the Game, and Possible Solutions

I am really reading this thread while waiting for a void run, and i’m guilty.

Remove pets in lh and make it tired item lock, while making it a super long dungeon for no reason.

I’m actually gonna disagree with you here, duo nests is the most profitable pot-wise now, with 2 guaranteed life and a gdex per player, with it taking ~10 minutes. Aside from that, you’re pretty much spot on. I’d also like to note that players like me, who DID no-life LH, are probably more likely to quit or take extended breaks from the game, even if we became absurdly rich with loot. (see: WB thread)

Totally agree LH has everything and that shouldnt be a thing (pots/OP UT´s/fame) and pots is just to hard unbalanced like literally 50% of the group gets either 2m 2l or 1l1m and that is way to much.

Change loot table (especially pot drops (ESPECIALLY life mana)) and maybe you can save the economy a bit. Less, much less fame would be nice too

I don’t like how LH is effectively its own community/game, with all the hoops you have to go through to participate in what should be “just another part of the game”.

It’s inevitable outcome when there’s only LH that you can run to get LH loot (which has 3x bosses that drop the best loot in the game) that it is such a pull for players, but that does harm the rest of the game in the same way that chest events do, when players ignore the realms, and sit only in nexus/bazaar waiting for a key open.

So I would say it needs to be decided, is LH “just another dungeon” in which case: make it even tougher to rush (or add teleporting), and reduce the guaranteed loot for everyone to be only guaranteed for x players. Nerf the XP (well, bring it in line with similar content), nerf/remove the HP scaling on minions. Replace the vial key-mechanic with guarantee Void after MBC (and Cultist?), or make vial tradeable.

Or is it “the Rotmg endgame pinnacle” in which case, removal of LH keys should be considered. WC was never available via direct key when that was the endgame content, and the game was better for it, IMO, instead of having a significant part of the playerbase in their own LH bubble. Even if keys are retained, could place something after O2, similar to the Craig/Court room, to be accessible after O2 dies, so that LH clearly forms an extension of the heroes/close realm/castle/Oryx/O2/repeat.

When LHers sell Life 4:1 or 5:1 for Dex, there’s only really one dungeon you should be running, if wanting pure pot profitability:

SW Trix

Can easily get 15+ Dexes in the ~10 minutes you mention for 1x Nest, trade in them pots for 3-4 Life. And Def chances on top of that. :wink:

guys remember lost halls is not the problem when deca makes any high difficulty high reward dungeon after a 2 weeks when grinders get the hang of the dungeon it basically becomes a loot farm so you cant really blame deca. when lh first came out it was difficult as hell but now its just steam rolled.

if lost halls got removed people would just grind fungal caverns as those have high life drop rate too.

This is right. Though the only real solution would be to just make dungeons/enemies as cancerous as possible. Everything quiets, armor pierces, silences, pet stasis, you name it.

Lost halls is bad for the game for reason though it’s in agood Place as it seems it was meant to be the way it was requiring coordination

(Sorry, I haven’t been interacting with this thread recently as much as I would have liked; life has been a thing.)

I do certainly agree with @Nevov’s points on how LH is sort of separated from the rest of the game and should be treated differently from other dungeons (possible removing keys to do so). I also think that @Stellalumi did an awesome job of analyzing some of the main drawbacks of multiple endgame dungeons and how these can impact an unprepared group (which encompasses most non-discord runs).

I would like to quick clarify that I don’t necessarily think that removing high fame and guaranteed stat pot drops from Halls while leaving equipment drop rates at the spot where they are now is optimal; I might suggest that equipment drop rates be boosted to partially compensate for nerfs in other areas, perhaps having LH tops drop from bosses at a rate similar to WC tops from Oryx. My point here is to give LH something in particular that LH has that is good for players to run, but to simultaneously ensure that if they can’t fulfill all of their needs (equipment, pots and fame) from one source. Players must have a variety of experiences in the game in order to enjoy it, and avoid burnout like @CandyShi brought up.

But with that, I think it is important that we discuss the issue of keys, as has been brought up in this thread. Obviously the ability to open any dungeon anywhere gives players a lot of power in the game, and results in discords which can quickly and efficiently have multiple runs with only the players they deem desirable (crashers are an exception, ofc). So with that, why shouldn’t DECA remove keys? Well, at ~$2 per key (give or take), DECA can make a decent sum of money off of regular LH runs, and also seems to make quite a bit off of weekend events. Regardless of how it effects the game, DECA needs money, and key sales are an important part. So what solution can be found that simultaneously addresses the need for non-spammed dungeons (for the health of the game) and the need for DECA to make money so they can afford to have more than one couch for five employees?

I made a similar post but it was not mainly about LHs.

I do agree that halls have some damage to the economy.

the hacker neutral stance is pretty rotten sure, but it gets even worse. i reported someone who is a literal account scammer/thief to the mods there and their team literally said “if it did not happen in the discord, we do not care”.

really? you’re going to let literal thiefs roam the server and grind dungeons for endgame loot with impunity? they should be cast out and black listed.

and to clarify, the account thief is in the lost halls discord and is ACTIVE. i see them in raid channels pretty often. again, with impunity.

What is an account theif. Just change password smh

what? if someone obtains access to your e-mail and therefore your account, you are more than likely gonna be screwed

ever heard of security questions. plus its not even their problem

If you have 17000 members, the wellbeing of the game is as much their problems as Decas

I agree with this, but I don’t think the mods of the discord do; as long as they keep their player count high and their runs large, they’re okay with overlooking a lot. It hurts the game in the long run, and will catch up with them eventually if they continue, but for now they see it in their best interests to continue to do nothing about anything.

Hackers are a bad thing but its a bit offtopic. That’s ultimately up to DECA to end hackers, discords have too much of a population to go witch-hunting, or bother with such process when in their minds, makes runs go a lot quicker/smoother.

Should they kick them? Yes. Will they? Probably not. But this would be with any kind of raiding server, say if the Crystal Caverns became a raid. And this isn’t hacker dick-sucking, but we could forever discuss what to do and it only misses the main point.